Rangers Open Transfer Talks With West Ham RB Ben Johnson

Not sure I really welcome us looking at players being released by English clubs.

We need to move away from that market..it's lazy and it's not served us particularly well recently.
Wolves wanted him in January the reason he can’t get a game is because Coufal has been excellent for WH he’s been decent anytime I’ve seen him play has pace and is a powerful athlete who can get forward

It does but we seem to always dip into thay market and get it wrong. We have a bit of the "they play in England so must be great" about our recruitment.

Obviously we've had exceptions like Butland.

Agree. I'm a little surprised with the revamped recruitment, Koppen + Clement that we're going into this market.

In order to attract them to Scotland, we end up offering long-term contracts on significant wages... and are then unable to move them on.

He will be looking for big wages you’d imagine

Tav rumour defo gets interesting unless we have had interest in Sterling from EPL clubs

He’s a good player and would not be moving to a club to be a reserve. Given he is right footed, you could really only see this happening if he was coming as a starting right back. Which puts Tav in midfield (unlikely) or Saudi

I'm not gonna believe any links with any British players unless it's concrete. I don't think Koppen will have the desire to shop too much in that market.

A few West Ham games where he has played.

This guy isn’t a league one level player out of contract like Matt Crooks or even an EPL Under 23 player like Bassey, he’s played about 100 first team games for West Ham.
I was more asking what type of player is he? What’s the pros & cons

Can we please just have a window where we're not linked to guys on massive wages from the lower PL or Championship in England. It very rarely works.

Can we please just have a window where we're not linked to guys on massive wages from the lower PL or Championship in England. It very rarely works.
That’s all fair n well but Johnson has played 100 games for WH who are regular top 8 side now and won the Conference League

Back