Rangers to open talks with Lundstram

But he didn't just block the shot. We have least established that it wasn't 30 yard race, bearing in mind that the Commonwealth Games was 10 years ago perhaps it still lives fresh in the memory- Lundstram anticipates that the Hearts player could go inside or out and tracks him back. As for Lundstram should have been aware of the danger, well that is what he obviously was, having done he subsequently did.
"Aware of the danger" - you mean the danger he caused? He is the danger ffs.

Rangers had the ball 1 second before the top screenshot. At Lundstram's feet. I'd expect him to be at least aware of the fact he's given the ball to hearts, yes. As a minimum.

Forrest ran past him and got a shot away so I have no idea where you have the idea that he blocked the shot. Butland saved it.

Only a few weeks till he doesn't get a kick against Celtic again though and then the final defenders of his will likely be done.

"Aware of the danger" - you mean the danger he caused? He is the danger ffs.

Rangers had the ball 1 second before the top screenshot. At Lundstram's feet. I'd expect him to be at least aware of the fact he's given the ball to hearts, yes. As a minimum.

Forrest ran past him and got a shot away so I have no idea where you have the idea that he blocked the shot. Butland saved it.

Only a few weeks till he doesn't get a kick against Celtic again though and then the final defenders of his will likely be done.
So something doesn't doesn't block your access to anything until you hit it?

So something doesn't doesn't block your access to anything until you hit it?
That's not what a block is no.

Like there's an actual stat for blocked shots.

That is not one.

Forrest ran past him like an absolute carthorse, didn't hit it early enough and allowed Lundstram back in to usher him wider for the shot.

Don’t agree with this move, will be high wages for a player who will be on the decline anyway, how long would he be a regular for and playing the likes of Sterling in the midfield to compensate for Lundstram is not good. Can only assume he’s quite influential in the squad which is one of the reasons Clement wants his to stay.

That's not what a block is no.

Like there's an actual stat for blocked shots.

That is not one.

Forrest ran past him like an absolute carthorse, didn't hit it early enough and allowed Lundstram back in to usher him wider for the shot.
Lundstram a carthorse? Nonsense. I will have to agree to disagree with you on all your points, which are as stupid to me as mine are no doubt to yours.

Just find this utterly depressing, I thank him for the good memories of the run to Seville etc but he’s one that goes missing in massive games against them and clearly doesn’t have the mentality or the legs for the way we need his role played, I’d have Sterling in there every day of the week rather than Lundstram.

Talks open

"Hi John, unfortunately you're not at the level we need and we won't be renewing your contract in the summer. Thanks for your service and all the best in the future"

Talks close.
Talks open:

“Hi John, we will likely lose 2 or 3 centre mids already this Summer and those who remain are quite young timid characters. You would be a useful member of the dressing room as one of my leaders in the squad, but it’s unlikely you will play anywhere near as many games. There’s an offer there, but it’s on reduced terms and it staircases down over the next 2 years after that. See what else you get offered, but there’s a deal on the table that works for us.”

Talks close.

Not everything has to be so black and white.

A
He was better than the previous six or so games, but still not good enough for me.
Diomande makes him less pedestrian but he’s nowhere near as good as a fit Ryan Jack - as rare as that might be
Lundstram and Diomande dominated the midfield against Hearts, which was where the game was eventually won- the Hearts middle was spent with about half an hour to go, and the spaces there opened up a lot more, as our second goal showed. Give Lundstram a proper midfielder beside him, and Diomande is a top midfielder in the making, and he will be at his best again.

Leverkusen director Simon Rolfes: "Most influential signing? A key position was Granit Xhaka, as number six. The six is the heart of the game, he’s dominating the rhythm."

"It's the most strategic position. How offensive can we play, how defensive can we play?"

"The number six position is always the connector of all the parts of the team."

Leverkusen director Simon Rolfes: "Most influential signing? A key position was Granit Xhaka, as number six. The six is the heart of the game, he’s dominating the rhythm."

"It's the most strategic position. How offensive can we play, how defensive can we play?"

Souness, Wilkins, McCall, B. Ferguson...... Lundstram

Lundstram was never a 6. He was a right sided midfielder, whose main attribute is his pace and power, we have tried to mould him in to a 6 because we have had no one else as comfortable on the ball in the middle of the park. Gerrard brought him in, and couldn’t identify anyone to take over from Davis, so stuck him in there because of his versatility. Lundstram only works in the CM role if he has other midfielders in with him.

Lundstram was never a 6. He was a right sided midfielder, whose main attribute is his pace and power, we have tried to mould him in to a 6 because we have had no one else as comfortable on the ball in the middle of the park. Gerrard brought him in, and couldn’t identify anyone to take over from Davis, so stuck him in there because of his versatility. Lundstram only works in the CM role if he has other midfielders in with him.

He’s not good enough on the ball to play as a 6 or an 8 for us. When gio came in he tried to play kamara as the lone 6 a few games but he didn’t have the defensive capabilities we need.

He needs moved on

He’s not good enough on the ball to play as a 6 or an 8 for us. When gio came in he tried to play kamara as the lone 6 a few games but he didn’t have the defensive capabilities we need.

He needs moved on

Our run to Seville was built pretty much from Lyon away of a midfield of

Jack Lundstram Kamara

Lundstram played all 10, Jack 9 Kamara 7 came on sub twice

Our last victory over celtic had a midfield of

Jack Lundstram Raskin,

Before that it was

Jack Lundstram Ramsay

Maybe folk want to look at the midfield as an unit rather than individuals. Play actual midfielders in the middle of the park.

Tillman started 5 games v celtic, he lost 4 drew 1
Cantwell has started 5 games v Celtic he has lost 4 won 1

Maybe if we went in to big games with a proper midfield and matched up we wouldn’t be light. Celtic play us like a fiddle, a proper 3 man midfield two wide men told just get up and down the wings, play off our mistakes. Simple but effective.

Jack Lundstram Kamara

Jack Lundstram Raskin,

Before that it was

Jack Lundstram Ramsay

Maybe folk want to look at the midfield as an unit rather than individuals. Play actual midfielders in the middle of the park.

Maybe if we went in to big games with a proper midfield and matched up we wouldn’t be light. Celtic play us like a fiddle, a proper 3 man midfield two wide men told just get up and down the wings, play off our mistakes. Simple but effective.

People on here deny it but they're a hard midfield to get near. O'Riley and McGregor always turn up physically so they can get away with Bernardo/Hatate. It's a hard midfield to play against, they don't fear Ibrox or the occasion generally.

I like Cantwell but I would go with a flat 3 in midfield.

Really impt point - and I don’t think we’ve had a dominant no 6 for ages - one who controls the tempo, dominates the ball and provides the link up.
Can we not find a young Rodri

Can understand wanting to keep him around. It is important that a younger fresher group of players have a few older heads around them who have been around the club long enough to known what it's like playing for this club and help them deal with the pressure that comes along.

If it were me I'd be happy giving him another year with the option of a 2nd year extension personally. Then focus on getting more energy and youth around him so Lunnys simple passing at the base of midfield can be more effective in starting off moves that get more mobile players like dio on the ball and driving us forward.

Jack Lundstram Kamara

Jack Lundstram Raskin,

Before that it was

Jack Lundstram Ramsay

We bit of revolutionism there as before Dortmund away no one wanted lundstrum any where near the midfield based on his performances.

It can’t be argued he is as good on the ball as jack or kamara which again is an issue.

The fact remains no matter who is next to him he is not good enough to be here next year as a 6 or as a more advanced midfielder.

We bit of revolutionism there as before Dortmund away no one wanted lundstrum any where near the midfield based on his performances.

It can’t be argued he is as good on the ball as jack or kamara which again is an issue.

The fact remains no matter who is next to him he is not good enough to be here next year as a 6 or as a more advanced midfielder.

I’ll call bullshit on that. The only folk are the same folk that make clowns of themselves on a regular basis on here everything is all sugar or shite and don’t really understand football.

See the start to the season we had where we failed to win 11 out of the first 24, we had Steven Davis playing as our 6 in 9 out of the 11. Lundstram only started 5, 3 of them alongside Davis.

It was evident what our problem was after the humiliation by Hibs at Hampden, GvB slowly phased Davo out the team as he tried to get the right balance. We had one loss in 25 games, 0-3 to celtic with no Lundstram, our midfield was Arfield, Kamara, Aribo. During the 17 games from GvB coming in till Dortmund we had 4 draws and 1 defeat. Lundstram played the 1-1 draw in Lyon, didn’t start 1-1 draw away to Aberdeen, 3-3 draw at Ross County or the aforementioned pumping to celtic. He came back in to the team and was instrumental in the 5-0 pumping of Hearts and 2-0 win over Hibs

So maybe you can explain why folk didn’t want him in the team.

Jack Lundstram Kamara

Jack Lundstram Raskin,

Before that it was

Jack Lundstram Ramsay

Excellent analysis but not justification for keeping JL on high wages and long term contract. There is better value out there.

Can't believe the Lundstram bashing on here. I think he is a cracking player when on form who can control a game with ease. Unfortunately we aren't in a position to offer him a long-term contract on similar wages. I would like to keep him, surround him with younger more energetic midfielders and not necessary play him every week or in certain games.I still think he has a lot to offer as a squad player.
This is probably not what he is looking for and will almost certainly leave anyway.

Can't believe the Lundstram bashing on here. I think he is a cracking player when on form who can control a game with ease. Unfortunately we aren't in a position to offer him a long-term contract on similar wages. I would like to keep him, surround him with younger more energetic midfielders and not necessary play him every week or in certain games.I still think he has a lot to offer as a squad player.
This is probably not what he is looking for and will almost certainly leave anyway.
When did he last control a big match with ease?

I’ll call bullshit on that. The only folk are the same folk that make clowns of themselves on a regular basis on here everything is all sugar or shite and don’t really understand football.

Here's a thread from the transfer window before we had the run to Seville. Not much love for JL before he became "the best on Earth" for a month or so.

Here's a thread from the transfer window before we had the run to Seville. Not much love for JL before he became "the best on Earth" for a month or so.

Lundstram splits our fans like no other he has had more threads than any other player in the history of FF

See the start to the season we had where we failed to win 11 out of the first 24, we had Steven Davis playing as our 6 in 9 out of the 11. Lundstram only started 5, 3 of them alongside Davis.

It was evident what our problem was after the humiliation by Hibs at Hampden, GvB slowly phased Davo out the team as he tried to get the right balance. We had one loss in 25 games, 0-3 to celtic with no Lundstram, our midfield was Arfield, Kamara, Aribo. During the 17 games from GvB coming in till Dortmund we had 4 draws and 1 defeat. Lundstram played the 1-1 draw in Lyon, didn’t start 1-1 draw away to Aberdeen, 3-3 draw at Ross County or the aforementioned pumping to celtic. He came back in to the team and was instrumental in the 5-0 pumping of Hearts and 2-0 win over Hibs

So maybe you can explain why folk didn’t want him in the team.

He can’t dictate play
He is too slow
He is incapable of controlling the tempo
He constantly drops between the centre halfs or between the centre half and right back to pick up the ball meaning he is 30 yards deeper than he should be
he cannot play quick incisive forward passes
He can’t play triangles to keep the ball or bait the press in a possession based team
He offers very little going forward his goals and assists are terrible and before you say he’s a deep midfielder most games at Ibrox he spends 30 yards from the opposition goal when they sit in.
He also doesn’t offer protection for the full backs because he is so slow
He can’t dribble or beat players
He cannot receive on the half turn and slows play
His passes are mostly backwards and sideways

Could keep going tbh

If true, you've got to question what's between his ears.

British players & moves to Turkey very rarely end well.

Goes with my best wishes, no idea how he's survived until the end of 2024, same as the rest.

Please Rangers just sign good footballers with a bit of athleticism and room for development.

Best of luck to him. Heavily involved in the Europa run which was some of the best times I've ever had supporting the club but time is right for both parties to shake hands and go their separate ways. Need something different in there.

Back