Rangers to open talks with Lundstram

It’s highly unlikely Tav + Goldson will leave so these three will once again form the core of the team.

It suggests Clement sees the issue as those who play alongside them.

I doubt we’ll ever learn.
What I would day is if you go by who's playing beside them this season that's a decent point to be made Wright, Matondo, Silva, Dessers, Borna, Jack, Davies and Lawrence are mid level champions players at best and we need to upgrade them. I do have issues with Goldson being on the slide but we've never had a centre back who's a good bit better than him ( I'm not included helander in that because we got about 1 good season out of him ) but I think if we signed a player who was far superior to him it would make a huge difference to the defence.

Tav I'd still keep as the pros outweigh the cons when it comes to getting keeping him. And Lundstrum I'd like to think if he's staying it's on reduced terms keeping him means we'd only need yo buy 1 midfielder as opposed to two as we still have to pay for Dio.

I'm a little relieved about this. Don't get me wrong, he's been by far our best and most consistent midfielder this season.

However, looking at his Rangers career in it's totality, outside of the EL run and a semi final against them in his first season, he has never stepped it up in the bigger games.

He's a water carrier. A fairly decent one, but we'll never regain supremacy in Scottish football with Lundstram being the lynch pin in midfield. This is entirely my opinion, but he slows down the game too much for me, and he lacks the technical ability to dictate the tempo of a game. For the wages he's reportedly on and is asking for, we could find a younger, technically better and potentially more profitable replacement. When a young full back (who had previously never played a senior game in midfield until this season) outstrips you, in almost all areas of your game barring experience, it's time for us to move on.

With Diomandé and Sterling in midfield, Raskin in reserve (assuming he stays). The midfield rebuild won't be too exhaustive financially. Not when you consider the fact Jack has been a non factor for a few seasons and Lunny has been patchy (at best). Literally adding one more midfielder and strengthening at fullback would elevate our squad exponentially.

Very happy if we're not renewing Lundstram.

It didn't make sense in any way at all.

Would have been extremely disappointed if Clement had wanted to keep him on.

On form he can be excellent and real asset to us. Unfortunately the purple patches are then followed by months of below par performances.

Good luck to him. We move on.

Lundstram splits our fans like no other he has had more threads than any other player in the history of FF
Does everyone not virtually say the same thing though? He’s had good and memorable spells and has contributed but has also been poor at other times and as we need younger and more dynamic midfielders, it’s time we shake hands and move on? That’s what I think 90% of folk are saying.

If we had anyone to replace him for next few weeks I’d make sure he never plays again for us

However we need so much work done in midfield I’m not sure we do have

I understand he's a professional and all that, but even subconsciously there's bound to be a drop off in performance levels.

And if we're being honest, we've been miles off it in midfield for the vast majority of old firm games all season.

Raskin and Diomande for me, with Cantwell just in front of them - unless Clement is willing to play Barisic at LB to free up Sterling.

He was better than the previous six or so games, but still not good enough for me.
Diomande makes him less pedestrian but he’s nowhere near as good as a fit Ryan Jack - as rare as that might be

The fantasy land of Ryan Jack grows the more he’s out injured.

A limited midfielder who’s last run of good form was over 3 years ago and even then lasted only a couple of months

Good news Lundstram is moving on, we need far better than him or Ryan Jack.

The fantasy land of Ryan Jack grows the more he’s out injured.

A limited midfielder who’s last run of good form was over 3 years ago and even then lasted only a couple of months

Good news Lundstram is moving on, we need far better than him or Ryan Jack.
I’m sorry, but I disagree. Ryan Jack when he plays makes Rangers midfield much tighter. He’s certainly more accomplished than Lundstram
In my opinion of course

Been a decent servant for us. Sometimes looks top drawer, then seems to have major drops in performance which can last 6 months. See some saying he’s ‘old and slow’. Not for me. He’s old, but a quick scan of the impact he has middle to front is the issue. Zero goals from midfield this season just isn’t good enough.

I’m surprised he’s going to Turkey given the contract issues that often occur.

It would be interesting to know the financial difference between there and our offer(s) - is it really that significant to uproot to the uncertainty of Turkish football?

I think it’s also indicative of the problems we may have offloading the likes of Davies + Lawrence - Championship sides don’t have the money or inclination to match what we are paying these players.

Hope he’s good the remainder of the season as he’s had his purple patch this season.

We should let him go and replace with better standard consistently.

Good news. Let's hope he gives his all until the end of the season.
Sheffield United fans:

200w.gif

If we are struggling to replace Lundstrum especially on the £30k plus wages we should Chuck it. We could potentially be buying a £2mill young player on £15k a week and we’d have a sell on for the 3-4year contract he’d command. This is what the model has to be. Gone should be the days of unsuccessful 30 year olds commanding £30k plus a week at rangers.

lightly skimmed through the last few pages. Turkey? Is that correct? Who in their right mind goes to Turkey? Good luck getting paid.

If those rumours are true then imagine, we might actually be finally getting rid of the players who have been here for far too long...

Back