Rangers to open talks with Lundstram

My only worry is the part he plays in the remaining games. Like Borna who has been like a fart in a trance,

His form of late has been up and down, whereas Borna looks to have switched off completely. If he’s firming up his next move, and he goes a similar way we might well struggle. Can’t look to Jack, he’s solid gone all be it for different reasons.

Lots of change coming which is long overdue.

My only worry is the part he plays in the remaining games. Like Borna who has been like a fart in a trance,

His form of late has been up and down, whereas Borna looks to have switched off completely. If he’s firming up his next move, and he goes a similar way we might well struggle. Can’t look to Jack, he’s solid gone all be it for different reasons.

Lots of change coming which is long overdue.
Both shouldn’t be playing

Raskin would seem the natural replacement for Lundstram were the latter to leave. Bailey Rice would also have a spot opening up that he could challenge for, along with Leon King.

If we're looking at going for a younger squad overall, they would be options we already have. It would be risky, but signing someone wouldn't give guarantees either I suppose.
Exactly it's hard on our budget to buy Better than what we have. It can be done though. I haven't been that impressed with Raskin since he's been here but maybe not playing recently has give him a push.

As you say he could be the ready made replacement. I really hope so. It would save funds and Bailey rice could be involved too.

Raskin would seem the natural replacement for Lundstram were the latter to leave. Bailey Rice would also have a spot opening up that he could challenge for, along with Leon King.

If we're looking at going for a younger squad overall, they would be options we already have. It would be risky, but signing someone wouldn't give guarantees either I suppose.

I'd prefer we went with Bailey Rice than Raskin. Not a fan of his at all. If I look at title winning Rangers midfield, there's not often a player like Raskin who starts regularly in there. He just doesn't seem to do anything and most certainly doesn't demand the ball anywhere near enough.

It’s been that long since we’ve seen Raskin I can’t remember what if anything he can or can not bring to the game.

Another legend in his own head.

I'll be delighted to see the back of Barisic and Lundstram. Both costing a fortune in wages and contributing very little.

I think it’s probably time for Lundstram to move on but the suggestion he’s contributed very little is absolute nonsence.

We have won the league cup, in the Scottish cup final, last 16 of the europa league and still in a title fight (granted thats looking tough now).

He’s played the best part of 50 games this season!!

I'd prefer we went with Bailey Rice than Raskin. Not a fan of his at all. If I look at title winning Rangers midfield, there's not often a player like Raskin who starts regularly in there. He just doesn't seem to do anything and most certainly doesn't demand the ball anywhere near enough.

How is Rice getting on this season in the B team?

There should be a load of money available for wages if spent Wisley we will be in a decent place
No matter what is saved in wages, winning the league and getting direct Champions league qualification will be the biggest turn around of finances we can get. The two together will be fantastic.

Could be keech but you never know.

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/foo...&cvid=5f2fad45f51e45b2b8b6b16e886f71ce&ei=110

Rangers Star Reaches Agreement In Principle With Club For Ibrox Exit.​

Trabzonspor have reached an agreement in principle for the signature of Rangers midfielder John Lundstram on a free transfer.

The midfielder will be out of contract at the end of the season and he is now set to leave Rangers on a free transfer.

There were suggestions that he could be offered a new deal at Ibrox but it seems the club and the player are set to part ways, with Lundstram seeing his future elsewhere.

Fullscreen button

Rangers Star Reaches Agreement In Principle With Club For Ibrox Exit

Rangers Star Reaches Agreement In Principle With Club For Ibrox Exit© Provided by Inside Futbol

The midfielder is set to move from Scotland to Turkey and it has been claimed that a deal is in place for his transfer.

According to beIN SPORTS Turkey, an agreement in principle between Trabzonspor and the 30-year-old midfielder is now in place.

The two sides are finalising an agreement and he will be joining the Turkish outfit in the coming months.

Lundstram will be expected to put pen to paper with Trabzonspor after the end of the season.

He has been a key player for Philippe Clement this season and the Rangers boss will now have to look for a replacement.

Trabzonspor have been aiming to strike early in the transfer window and now look to have Lundstram signed and sealed.

No matter what is saved in wages, winning the league and getting direct Champions league qualification will be the biggest turn around of finances we can get. The two together will be fantastic.

The two would be great, but if we get into the cl via playoffs it's still a massive boost to our coffers.

Let's us shop in a whole different market.

Agreement in principle?

It’s no a mortgage.

Sign for them or don’t. Trying to bleed us for another few grand a week no doubt.

A player that simply isn't required in the majority of our home games, and doesn't step up as much as he should in the tougher away ones. He's been consistently fit and available throughout which shows he's highly professional which I like, but I've never really seen him as a good fit for Rangers.

Mad he has agreed to move to Turkey after the issues Kent has had getting paid there, but Lundstram never was the brightest.

He's had his purple patch and his mind is elsewhere so shouldn't be seen in a Rangers shirt again hopefully.
So we ditch all those who are/might be moving on from the squad in the midst of a tight title battle? Lundstram, Tav, Goldson, Barisic, Silva, Sima, Roofe, Wright, Jack, Balogun, Cortes, McLaughlin.

Who the f*ck are we gonna play?:)

Could be keech but you never know.

Rangers Star Reaches Agreement In Principle With Club For Ibrox Exit.​

Trabzonspor have reached an agreement in principle for the signature of Rangers midfielder John Lundstram on a free transfer.

The midfielder will be out of contract at the end of the season and he is now set to leave Rangers on a free transfer.

There were suggestions that he could be offered a new deal at Ibrox but it seems the club and the player are set to part ways, with Lundstram seeing his future elsewhere.

Fullscreen button

Rangers Star Reaches Agreement In Principle With Club For Ibrox Exit

Rangers Star Reaches Agreement In Principle With Club For Ibrox Exit© Provided by Inside Futbol

The midfielder is set to move from Scotland to Turkey and it has been claimed that a deal is in place for his transfer.

According to beIN SPORTS Turkey, an agreement in principle between Trabzonspor and the 30-year-old midfielder is now in place.

The two sides are finalising an agreement and he will be joining the Turkish outfit in the coming months.

Lundstram will be expected to put pen to paper with Trabzonspor after the end of the season.

He has been a key player for Philippe Clement this season and the Rangers boss will now have to look for a replacement.

Trabzonspor have been aiming to strike early in the transfer window and now look to have Lundstram signed and sealed.
The fact he hasn't signed a pre contract reeks of a negotiating tactic. I will not be surprised if he's still here next season.

Almost every single player we sign these days will be inconsistent. We can't afford consistent excellence anymore.

And we will; in all likelihood, have to spend £££ to replace Lundstram. Money that might've been better used to put towards Sima or help by Bojan Miovic from Dolly.

I'm no doubt in the minority, but I'd be sad to see John Lundstram leave on a free this summer

He’s nearly a year younger than Callum McGregor.

We’ve sold Aribo for £10million and Kamara £5million to the Championship, less than 2 years after starting an Europa League Final and they can’t get a regular start.

We have one player to build a team around. Butland.
And what has callum mcg done in Europe? Absolutely nothing. Dare I say it but he hasn't turned up against us recently even though we still lost/drew.

McGregor is overhyped by the media.

And we will; in all likelihood, have to spend £££ to replace Lundstram. Money that might've been better used to put towards Sima or help by Bojan Miovic from Dolly.

I'm no doubt in the minority, but I'd be sad to see John Lundstram leave on a free this summer
Reality is it shows our poor recruitment

And ultimately that stemmed from the board after 55

We should have been looking at 2 years left on deal either extend or sell in most cases taking b what we can get.

We didn't We started taking punts on players to add to what we had instead of looking at 2/3 signings of quality each year with free punts and prospects and thenmove on the older players as well.

Most big fees are going to be for players 21-25 as they have time on side for a resale value for the buying club.

Jl is an example reality is its he good enough for what we need in league yes if we have other players that cover his flaws and vice versa

Replacing him will cost money on top of wages that we could be spending elsewhere.

The kent/Alfie/aribo/kamara situation was different We had then at the right age and could have made money on all of them that would have improved the team not just 2 of them.

We should never be entering a final year with those players as starters. And I see both sides club maybe can't afford to give them what they want but the player has future to think about if they get injured they have prospect of massive earnings drop.

It's like us earning 30-40k a year then going on to universal credit because of an accident.

It's players have all the power now so club has to maximise at the right time

We really have to use these big wages we are freeing up to identify a younger, hungrier and all round better footballer than Lundstram.

Two good spells in three years. The rest of the time he’s been towing a caravan. A very mediocre signing in the main, especially for the return.

Won’t lose sleep over him going. It’s for the best

He's a decent cover option, always available for selection, somewhat flexible - but can't give us what we need at Number 6 against higher level opponents. Any new contact in terms of cost and length needs to provided on that basis.

We really have to use these big wages we are freeing up to identify a younger, hungrier and all round better footballer than Lundstram.

Two good spells in three years. The rest of the time he’s been towing a caravan. A very mediocre signing in the main, especially for the return.

I genuinely think freeing up wages will have a bigger impact on our transfer model than is given credit

So many of our recent problems have involved guys sitting on high wages, contributing little of anything and being hard to get off the books.

We need to flip it on its head - a greater proportion of players with something to prove, lesser starting wages and so less of a waste/easier to shift for those that don’t work out

Obviously the best scenario would be to shift some of them with a transfer fee but I’d settle for just refreshing the squad and moving on

It's incredible he's been here three years and he's had little to no consistency over that period.

Massive wage for little output. I remember the support were desperate for him at the time.

Again, maybe shows that we are not the best judge of a player and their ability and how well they cope with the pressure.

Reality is it shows our poor recruitment

And ultimately that stemmed from the board after 55

We should have been looking at 2 years left on deal either extend or sell in most cases taking b what we can get.

We didn't We started taking punts on players to add to what we had instead of looking at 2/3 signings of quality each year with free punts and prospects and thenmove on the older players as well.

Most big fees are going to be for players 21-25 as they have time on side for a resale value for the buying club.

Jl is an example reality is its he good enough for what we need in league yes if we have other players that cover his flaws and vice versa

Replacing him will cost money on top of wages that we could be spending elsewhere.

The kent/Alfie/aribo/kamara situation was different We had then at the right age and could have made money on all of them that would have improved the team not just 2 of them.

We should never be entering a final year with those players as starters. And I see both sides club maybe can't afford to give them what they want but the player has future to think about if they get injured they have prospect of massive earnings drop.

It's like us earning 30-40k a year then going on to universal credit because of an accident.

It's players have all the power now so club has to maximise at the right time

Ross Wilson.

Back