Match Thread Rangers v Dundee - 19:30 Tuesday - Sky Sports

We left Dessers out at Dens Park & Roofe didn’t get a shot on goal, never mind on target.

And yet Dessers had scored in each of the first two games against them.

I’ll stick with the much maligned Dessers please.
Yep, for all Dessers faults, and their are many, he has still scored 21 goals this season.

We need better but he isn’t our most pressing concern

I think he will play a few of the younger kids, what have we to lose.
Its long overdue and under the circs if he does not, its a real concern.

Clement is a smart guy regardless what he says in pressers recently, he must know people he has counted on have let him down and more than once.

If all we see to tonight is some younger players given a chance to play, thats something to enjoy and gives some options for the cup final.

Yep, for all Dessers faults, and their are many, he has still scored 21 goals this season.

As we paid

As Danilo was bought for 6m, you have to think that Dessers was our backup striker Barry ?

On that basis, 21 goals & pretty much always available all season suggests the guy is far from a failure.

As we paid

As Danilo was bought for 6m, you have to think that Dessers was our backup striker Barry ?

On that basis, 21 goals & pretty much always available all season suggests the guy is far from a failure.
Yeah, I actually said earlier in the season, if Dessers was a backup striker, ie in effect Itten’s replacement, then we would be quite happy with him.

But because he was our main number 9 and had a good few howlers, especially earlier in the season, he has been seen as a disaster.

Who knows what would have happened had Clement had Danilo available all season, we might get to see next season unless one of them are sold.

I need to keep reminding myself we've a cup final to come to try get myself even remotely up for this utterly shite game tonight.

Yeah, I actually said earlier in the season, if Dessers was a backup striker, ie in effect Itten’s replacement, then we would be quite happy with him.

But because he was our main number 9 and had a good few howlers, especially earlier in the season, he has been seen as a disaster.

Who knows what would have happened had Clement had Danilo available all season, we might get to see next season unless one of them are sold.

There's no way we are going to be able to sell Danilo given his injury, so it's really a matter of Clement's views on Dessers.

We know we can replace Roofe with a Clement target, so he might be happy with the devil he's got in Dessers Barry ?

Recency bias is likely a factor here but it’s a struggle to remember being less interested in a game.

There's no way we are going to be able to sell Danilo given his injury, so it's really a matter of Clement's views on Dessers.

We know we can replace Roofe with a Clement target, so he might be happy with the devil he's got in Dessers Barry ?

I'm hoping we cash in on Dessers. The thought of him being first choice next season is brutal.

I'm hoping we cash in on Dessers. The thought of him being first choice next season is brutal.

He's undoubtedly not good enough to be our main striker with his conversion rate CC, but with Danilo being kicked out of the season by Kent, and Roofe being Roofe, the guy has done a reasonable job as back up this season for me.

His record to outsiders will look pretty good, so hopefully we can get our £3.5m or so back.

Normally head for a pint now before the game! Seriously Scunnered after Saturday and feel low as %^*&. :mad:

Possibly mate, though I guess it depends on the budget, if things are tight then he might reckon it’s more important we spend the cash in other areas first, centre half, centre mid and both wings are absolute definite for example

Possibly mate, though I guess it depends on the budget, if things are tight then he might reckon it’s more important we spend the cash in other areas first, centre half, centre mid and both wings are absolute definite for example

Yes, so many areas needing sorted Barry. It’s where to start really.

Zero interest in this. Put my seat on seatsub yesterday purely for the points even though I know it won’t sell.

Dozen of my group all go but none going tonight.

Can see the crowd being no more than 30k or so.

Just fast forward to the cup final then the summer rebuild

Haud me back.

Can only hope that some of the fringe players take their chance to impress. The ‘normal’ first team is such a bin fire there are definitely cup final places up for grabs.

Sadly I think he is. Too much of the play breaks down on him (He's not the only one) and if he would just get a shot away he'd be breaking records.

There is no pressure on them.

Not true. Say we get a decent result (I know) then they need to get a result.

Having said that they are more capable of coming through adversity in Scotland than we are at the moment.

Would nice if we could import that Prague team that battered them for a couple of games.

Not true. Say we get a decent result (I know) then they need to get a result.

Having said that they are more capable of coming through adversity in Scotland than we are at the moment.

Would nice if we could import that Prague team that battered them for a couple of games.
They're not going to lose these last two games mate.

Its done and dusted and actually has been for a few weeks.

Raskin's looked a lot sharper on his last couple of sub performances Andy.

Here's hoping for tonight.
Raskin's performance when he came on was one of the only things I could take any real positivity from on Saturday. He was noticeably more involved than in recent outings. Still a long way to go for him but improvement is good to see.

He's undoubtedly not good enough to be our main striker with his conversion rate CC, but with Danilo being kicked out of the season by Kent, and Roofe being Roofe, the guy has done a reasonable job as back up this season for me.

His record to outsiders will look pretty good, so hopefully we can get our £3.5m or so back.
As long as we do one of these wee videos :)

Btw if you aren’t going to the match out of choice tonight or are going and intend on giving abuse tonight don’t celebrate if we win the cup either.

Zero interest in this. Put my seat on seatsub yesterday purely for the points even though I know it won’t sell.

Hopefully some UB banners telling a few home truths.

Thanks for your support

Heading to Ibrox in about 45 minutes time. Hopefully a decent performance and a few goals.

Clement dragged us in to having a competitive season with a team of broken players. We were miles out it before he came in.
People are just choosing to forget this now. If Clement had been in situ from day 1, we'd have won this league already. It's hard to put into words just how awful Beale and his team were for this club. It was always a mammoth task for us to get back into it, never mind be in a position to "throw it away". We've hit a bad patch, as all teams do, at a horrible part of the season.

At one point we were roughly 500/1 for the league.

Back