Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 13:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Almost feel sorry for the supporters that still have high hopes of a treble and expect some sort of high scoring win today.

We’ll probably get over the line today but it’’s only prolonging the inevitable now sadly.

We are utter garbage and haven’t turned in a good domestic performance since February.

A combination of injuries and mentally weak / shite players has taken it’s toll.

Almost feel sorry for the supporters that still have high hopes of a treble and expect some sort of high scoring win today.

We’ll probably get over the line today but it’’s only prolonging the inevitable now sadly.

We are utter garbage and haven’t turned in a good domestic performance since February.

A combination of injuries and mentally weak / shite players has taken it’s toll.
Agree 100% with you.

Think we’ll win today but honestly cannot see us scoring more than 2.

It’s not a good look for us expecting other teams to dig us out a hole that we created ourselves.

Won’t matter if we win 10-0 the league was lost at with the draw at Ibrox then losing to Ross County and drawing at Dundee if u want to win titles you can afford to pick up 2 points from nine simple as

Two from twelve if you include Motherwell.

I predict a sea change in how these losers will be viewed, even on here, if what is looking increasingly likely, comes to pass.

Kilmarnock will rightly fancy it big time today. On a high with European football secured and good performances throughout this season.

Then they’ll look at our recent performances and take confidence from that.

Wouldn’t be surprised in the slightest if we drop points today.

Our lot owe us a performance today. Sad thing is, with title slipping away they’ll probably all start playing now.

Two from twelve if you include Motherwell.

I predict a sea change in how these losers will be viewed, even on here, if what is looking increasingly likely, comes to pass.

That’s not going to happen mate.

In fact Ibrox will be full a week on Wednesday to say a big farewell to a few of them when it’s announced they are leaving at the end of the season.

Yeah Killie under Del don’t tend to take many skelpings.

A solid 2-0 will do me, at least give us some home going to the piggery next week.

Only lost by a two goal margin twice in the league this season - Ibrox and Parkhead.

We're the only team to beat them going back to the 6th December.

Today will be a tough one. We should win but anyone expecting a dent into the goal difference is probably going to be disappointed.

Only lost by a two goal margin twice in the league this season - Ibrox and Parkhead.

We're the only team to beat them going back to the 6th December.

Today will be a tough one. We should win but anyone expecting a dent into the goal difference is probably going to be disappointed.
We'll probably create enough chances to score 4 or 5 but take 2 of them.

This won’t be a high scoring game. Rattlers have almost got home today and we will need a miracle now to win this.

Saddens me greatly because this was in our own hands until we imploded.
By that logic we're only in it because Celtic imploded in early December. We've failed to beat them 3 times this season, so we haven't hauled ourselves back into it by taking points from them. Now that their biggest hitters are back and fit, the chances of something remarkable going our way look slim to nil. Winning at Parkhead next week is non-negotiable, but even that doesn't guarantee anything. Rangers was presented with a massive opportunity when Celtic had a mini collapse in early December. We've passed it up and the reasons for that are in the playing squad.

Won’t matter if we win 10-0 the league was lost at with the draw at Ibrox then losing to Ross County and drawing at Dundee if u want to win titles you can afford to pick up 2 points from nine simple as
For me the league was lost against Motherwell at Ibrox. This lot of bottlers got a pass on that one due to Hearts doing us a favour the next day.

What a position we would’ve been in that Sunday night if we had beaten a very poor Motherwell team at Ibrox. I came out the ground livid that day and knew once again the usual suspects were going to wet the bed when teams “get in their faces”.

Really tough game which I think will come down to Dessers. I reckon he'll be the difference today, scoring the important goal(s).

Strong coffee in the morning loyal.

Rangers 6-0 Kilmarnock
This would absolutely change everything going into next week. It would be all about killie lying down to us in the mhedia, setting the bheast up for a nervy grudge match at rugby park after we beat them 1-0 at the chamber of secrets dispite the refs trying their best with 5 days injury time . Oh we can but dream.

One of our main problems for seasons has been creating a lot of very good chances in games - and having a bunch of forwards who are not quite good enough to take the few half decent chances we do create.
That won’t change until Clement gets his own players in and has a chance to really change things.
So I can’t see us winning by more than a goal today and wouldn’t be surprised if we drop points sadly.

It’s over sadly - the last 4 feel like complete dead rubbers. As soon as we lost at Ross County, I felt there was no coming back. Especially as we have to go there and win next week, given our record in that game this season, it appears unlikely that we pick up 3 points.

Think we’ll win today but honestly cannot see us scoring more than 2.

It’s not a good look for us expecting other teams to dig us out a hole that we created ourselves.
I completely get what your saying but you never know. I mean, ross county and dundee dug Celtic out a hole. Win today and somehow win next Saturday and there is every chance they struggle again at killie. Its obviously really unlikely because it relies on us winning at parkhead but then we won in betis and are capable of beating Celtic on our day. Anything can happen, however unlikely it seems. Lets get the 3 points today and take it from there

We need to win and win well. As usual their goal difference is much better than ours effectively giving them another point
Agreed but take away the scrubbing they gave Dundee and we would be there or there abouts.
Need a few goals today to put some pressure though.

We basically fell off a cliff after hammering Hearts walking out of the Stadium that day I think everyone genuinely thought we were on our way to The Title and then the players crumbled and threw it away with a terrible string of performances and results

Last edited:
Big man made an arse of the team selection.
Dowell in midfield v Ross County and then Lawrence in midfield v Dundee , not hindsight as many of us were saying beforehand that Sterling should be in midfield for both these games.

It’s over sadly - the last 4 feel like complete dead rubbers. As soon as we lost at Ross County, I felt there was no coming back. Especially as we have to go there and win next week, given our record in that game this season, it appears unlikely that we pick up 3 points.
Even if we do win there, goal difference will bite us in the arse.

Before every game I hope we will finally click and give somebody a roasting and other than the Hearts gave it has never really happened. So for today I'll continue to be hopeful, win the game in the 1st half and boost the goal difference in the 2nd.:)

Long overdue a convincing win, let today be the day

Concede nothing to the rats across the city, ever

Big man made an arse of the team selection.
Dowell in midfield v Ross County and then Lawrence in midfield v Dundee , not hindsight as many of us were saying beforehand that Sterling should be in midfield for both these games.
No one is willing to accept Clement fckd it, bringing Dowell in from nowhere in a away game to a team scrapping for survival, in saying that Cantwell and Dessers had the chance to bury the game first half.
Wright in against celtc etc, he had a wobble just like the players.

Don't think we have the players in the frontline to win convincingly. For this last set of games it's all about getting the ball to Dessers in the box and hoping for the best.

Expecting a McInnes master class today, hopefully his players are on the beach mentally though.
We really need a goal early and take it from there, hoping for a 3,4 nil....more likely a 1 or 2 nil with our habit of squandering sitters.
If Killie are mentally on the beach then that's bad news for us, we're still going to need their help if we're going to win this.

Don't think we have the players in the frontline to win convincingly. For this last set of games it's all about getting the ball to Dessers in the box and hoping for the best.
We need Dessers to be at his very best the remaining games, Silva to show why Wolves spent so much on him, big ask.

If Killie are mentally on the beach then that's bad news for us, we're still going to need their help if we're going to win this.
Yeah i know that but maybe after a doing from us McInnes goes through them and they manage to get their act together for the remaining games, throw in a plastic pitch and celtc nerves after we've beat them.
Got to keep believing till it's done.

Not only is it essential we win, it’s also essential that we score a few goals.
This is going to be a tough ask, McInnes knows how to play a defensive game and is sure to make it hard for us.
Mon the Gers, just do it and keep it tight for the game next week.

Back