Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 13:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Would love to say we can go out and win by a high scoreline.

Reality is we've scored 5 twice and 4 twice this season. We're not in the habit of scoring a lot.

Hopefully some of they games where we've missed a barrel load cn be used as evidence to point to though. We've said ( the last 4 or 5 games aside) someone is due a doing. Need to hope everything just clicks today. Failing that it's grinding out 4 wins and pray to whatever god you choose that Killie take something from them.

I’m not conceding %^*& all. A win today, any sort of win will do me for now just to keep on their heels.

If we get a big win then it shows two things, 1 that we are ready to get back on the saddle and challenge, and 2 that big Phil himself hasn’t conceded anything and has told his players to show it on the park.

All we have to do is win our games, and the rest will fall into place.

Should we beat those manky tramps next week, then we get to dream of a title.

Never concede and never, ever surrender.

If we win by 4 or 5 today, then it keeps the pressure on. Simple as that.

Nothing is over yet.

There's every chance Barisic and Lundstram will start today. Obviously needs must, but starting two guys who will be anxious to avoid injury so as to protect there next, possibly last, move in their careers is far from ideal.

People saying 'any win will do' clearly haven't looked at the league table.
My heads saying realistically we need a 4/5 today. Ideally 5 so if we win by 2 next week we go top. If we scrap a 1/2 goal win then its all on the kilmarnock game vs them assuming we win next week. We need to batter kilmarnock and dundee in our home games if we are to win without them dropping points. My head also says this lot arnt up to it and we will win 2-1

Like most of us, I think we have blown title race against a very poor entity team. Today I am just hoping to see a reaction from the players. I want intensity, aggression and fast play. Many of them know they are winding down their Rangers careers so not confident we will see this sadly.

The potential problem today is that without an early goal, things will get anxious. If the game is still level at half time, the second half becomes very different. If it's still level, or with only a one goal lead going into the final 15 mins, you're then wondering how the usual suspects will stand up to it. An early lead is vital, or things could get ugly.

Just win. Get the points on the board and roll on to next week. I know winning next week is virtually impossible in the eyes of many but let's at least give ourselves some hope going into it. You never know, there might just be one more inspired performance left in us.

A team that drops points to Ross County and Dundee in the run in for the title ain't gonna win the league, hopefully I'm spectacularly wrong.
I think we'll win today but it will be the usual struggle, next season half this team should be away, but it will cost money and have we got the money?
2-1 Rangers, Dessers and Tav the scorers

At the same time as ‘expecting’ Rangers to go out and hump Killie by 5-0 folk are expecting Killie to then turn it around and beat the Dhims some 10 days later? Their pitch has an impact but that’s an unrealistic expectation. Killie will give us a tough game today but we will win narrowly. We then have to hope that they can then go on and make it even tougher for the Dhims

I’m not conceding %^*& all. A win today, any sort of win will do me for now just to keep on their heels.

If we get a big win then it shows two things, 1 that we are ready to get back on the saddle and challenge, and 2 that big Phil himself hasn’t conceded anything and has told his players to show it on the park.

All we have to do is win our games, and the rest will fall into place.

Should we beat those manky tramps next week, then we get to dream of a title.

Never concede and never, ever surrender.

If we win by 4 or 5 today, then it keeps the pressure on. Simple as that.

Nothing is over yet.
What the hell have this team shown us in the last 6 weeks to give you any kind of confidence we can go there and win? These players are terrified of their place.

And folk can spare me the “never surrender” patter … any fan who looks at things realistically without blind faith will know these players have shat the bed.

Folk bullishly talking about going to the midden and winning, yet the same players shat it against Ross County and Dundee when the summit was there not just for the taking, but with daylight between us and them.

The league is over, we’re treading water waiting on the inevitable, waiting to be put out our misery.

These players cannot and will not deliver, they don’t have the mentality, we’ve watched this movie so many times we’ve worn out the f**king tape.

That’s not defeatist, that’s not surrendering, that’s just harsh realism slapping you square between the eyes.

The players Clement has to select from, especially in the forward area, are not good enough. Looking today at Silva and McCausland/Wright either side of Dessers. God help us.

in 2003 we were good enough to go out and try to score as many goals as possible with goal difference in mind. this team just doesn't have that quality to do that, at least not week in week out.

Unfortunately, all the signs do point to it being over. The next week will be the proof in the pudding

A team that drops points to Ross County and Dundee in the run in for the title ain't gonna win the league, hopefully I'm spectacularly wrong.
I think we'll win today but it will be the usual struggle, next season half this team should be away, but it will cost money and have we got the money?
2-1 Rangers, Dessers and Tav the scorers
Not a ropic for today but the big concern for me isnt what we do this summer. Its what they do. With us breathing down their necks do they finally open the purse strings snd try and ensure we can't catch up

What the hell have this team shown us in the last 6 weeks to give you any kind of confidence we can go there and win? These players are terrified of their place.

And folk can spare me the “never surrender” patter … any fan who looks at things realistically without blind faith will know these players have shat the bed.

Folk bullishly talking about going to the midden and winning, yet the same players shat it against Ross County and Dundee when the summit was there not just for the taking, but with daylight between us and them.

The league is over, we’re treading water waiting on the inevitable, waiting to be put out our misery.

These players cannot and will not deliver, they don’t have the mentality, we’ve watched this movie so many times we’ve worn out the f**king tape.

That’s not defeatist, that’s not surrendering, that’s just harsh realism slapping you square between the eyes.

The players Clement has to select from, especially in the forward area, are not good enough. Looking today at Silva and McCausland/Wright either side of Dessers. God help us.
You are correct but football sometimes doesn’t work as you would think and that’s being realistic.
If it was people would win millions on the coupon each week.
As Marvin said keep believing.

Not often I praise other teams but McInnes has done an outstanding job at Killie and you know they approach games vs us or them with the same attitude.

With the way they set up it really comes down to that little bit more quality we should have. Example being the win at Rugby park where two flashes of brilliance won us the game.

We'll need to be patient and hope Dessers has his shooting boots on.

Win today, and piss on the beggars’ chips with a win at the piggery next weekend - won’t win us the league, but it would certainly get the enablers upset at their shiny-faced gimp of a manager

Goal difference is the same as an extra point and we need to get going and get big wins which will also worry them. They hit three against Hearts so lets get four or five with a clean sheet to show who we are and we are coming for them. 2 - 1 gives us the points which of course we must get but does little to bother the scum. WE dont want them happy with a draw at the piggary.
For once lets get stuck in and rattle in the goals. Anway now starting dinner in the posh place which is a mixture of upbeat and gloom so its up to the players to get us going with an early goal and some fast attacking football.
Fight for the league and show the scum that we are coming for them big time.

At the same time as ‘expecting’ Rangers to go out and hump Killie by 5-0 folk are expecting Killie to then turn it around and beat the Dhims some 10 days later? Their pitch has an impact but that’s an unrealistic expectation. Killie will give us a tough game today but we will win narrowly. We then have to hope that they can then go on and make it even tougher for the Dhims
welcome to the match thread :p

A-fkn-men
Great post mate!
I'm same as you, hope I'm wrong but it's based upon facts about this teams mentality.

Yet it's true to say, score 5 or 6 today and next week becomes a blockbuster event. But I am sure that instead of dessers getting a hat trick, hell score 1 and do 9 thumbs up to the assister after he misses with Silva not scoring at all and falling on his arse all the game and getting subbed on 60 and Tav scoring a pen after he shits it in defence and a goal is concede from it. That scenario has a basis of factual evidence demonstrated by these players.

Of course I hope I'm wrong!

Usually I’m just happy picking the 3pts but we need to destroy Kilmarnock today sadly I can’t see it our last big score was against Hearts in February,we need to go from them from the start we need to press as well not sit back and let them get back into shape are they up for it we ask ?

A-fkn-men
Great post mate!
I'm same as you, hope I'm wrong but it's based upon facts about this teams mentality.

Yet it's true to say, score 5 or 6 today and next week becomes a blockbuster event. But I am sure that instead of dessers getting a hat trick, hell score 1 and do 9 thumbs up to the assister after he misses with Silva not scoring at all and falling on his arse all the game and getting subbed on 60 and Tav scoring a pen after he shits it in defence and a goal is concede from it. That scenario has a basis of factual evidence demonstrated by these players.

You’re a ray of fucking sunshine on a Sunday morning aren’t you?
Pray to God that folk with your attitude don’t bother showing up the rest of the season.

Guys, we're playing Kille and our forward line is hardly Hately and McCoist with support from Mark Walters.

The goal difference is gone.

We can only win all our games and hope they drop something.

A-fkn-men
Great post mate!

Said nobody :rolleyes:

I remember helicopter Sunday. We had resigned ourselves that the league was lost and it all changed over a few minutes. Strange things can happen in a title race. Just keep winning and see how it pans out in the next fortnight.
I agree mate but those players then had the right mentality

Our performances against Hearts at Hampden and last week against St.Mirren were for the most part, uninspiring. I would not be surprised to see us still 6 points behind come 3 o’clock this afternoon.
Now is the time for the players to man up and show some fight. Anything less than 3 points today is unforgivable.

A-fkn-men
Great post mate!

Cheers bro, and absolutely, of course I’d love to be wrong and be quote replied and ridiculed for months on here if people seen fit lol. I’d happily take that if it meant we won the title, but I’ve never been one for blind faith, I just call it as I see it.

It angers me no end what these players have let slip, and aye folk will argue that we “did well to get into this position after the start we had”, but likewise that doesn’t forgive shitting the bed. Aye they did well for getting back into the position we WERE in, not the one we find ourselves in now after Ross County and Dundee.

If they turn round and scud Kilmarnock 4-0 today, I’ll be stunned. I can easily see another turgid, frustrating, stuffy, narrow win.

Guys, we're playing Kille and our forward line is hardly Hately and McCoist with support from Mark Walters.

The goal difference is gone.

We can only win all our games and hope they drop something.
Agreed. All out to win these next 2 games and make it interesting. It's not what we hoped for a few weeks ago but it's where we are.

Yep. Spot on.

It’s not expecting. We need to win by 4/5 goals to have a realistic chance of winning the league.

Back