Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 13:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

It's tricky with the squad limitations but we've played badly for weeks picking broadly this same team.

We are much better with pace & directness either side of the front 3. The Silva issue is basically the same problem he had with Cantwell. He changed that & we recommenced our decent form.

He's hardly great but I'd certainly be having McCausland on instead of Silva even just to give us more balance

Tuned in to see how today's line up has riled the FF loyal and sure enough, you've not let us down!

It's a side that should beat Killie handily. Simple.

Think we'll win but it won't be pretty.

A fairly straighforward 2-0 with not much action during the 90.

A comfortable and controlled win with no injuries.

Ideally, 3-0 at half time so I can enjoy the 2nd half.

Seems like a squad on its last legs, injuries have absolutely killed us and I can’t wait for a refresh next season. Saying that, there’s enough experience in that team to beat Killie. I really wish Silva wasn’t playing, I just don’t think he contributes anywhere near enough, but I suppose there’s really not much option in the wide areas.

McCausland on the right and Sterling in the middle ?
McCausland though has shown nothing of late to be deserving of a place, mainly due to injury I might add.

I think people are understandably angry at how shite we have been and are just looking for change, for change sake, even if it’s not any better than what the manager has went for.

Personally I think the manager should have earned our trust, this mess he inherited is absolutely not his doing.

A number of players need to step up a put in a performance today.

An early goal and get the fans on board.

McCausland though has shown nothing of late to be deserving of a place, mainly due to injury I might add.

I think people are understandably angry at how shite we have been and are just looking for change, for change sake, even if it’s not any better than what the manager has went for.

Personally I think the manager should have earned our trust, this mess he inherited is absolutely not his doing.
For me it's more about getting Sterling into midfield ahead of next week rather than who plays on the right. It's absolutely imperative that he's part of a 3 man midfield next week or we'll be overrun again.

The games/performances in isolation.

Continue to greet all you want though, some of us will just focus on today, getting behind the team & hopefully 3pts.
Your talking crap anyway I’ll be behind the team as much as anyone today don’t why you would think otherwise as you know sweet fa about myself.

WTAF does McAusland have to do to get a start again? It’s no coincidence that our form dipped when he went out injured. Now he can’t get a start!! Don’t get me started on Silva FFS…

It's 7 goals. A two goal win next week - however unlikely - reduces that to just 3 goals. A loss for them at Killie and a win for us against Dundee probably wipes that out and takes us to a last day shootout. Right now I'd take that, even if the odds would still be against us.
Last day shootout?

That scenario has Rangers 3 points ahead going into the last day!

I agree with your general points:
• the dropped points at Dingwall and Dundee appear to have cost Rangers the title;
• any sort of win today is fine, although obviously more goals would help the GD - if that comes into play;
• a win at Parkhead, however unlikely, means Rangers are right back in it.

We need to put 3+ past them today. A 1-0 or what ever isn’t enough.

The scum have st mirren at home last game. If we can beat them, we need to have the goal difference a lot different to what it is now

Looking forward to our left side getting exploited over and over and over again while offering zero attacking threat.

2-1 Rangers. Our usual shocking start to cost us a goal before we grind our way back into it second half.

I fail to see the point of playing Silva when he is away back to Wolves at the end of the season. Of course if he scores a double this week and next then all will be good.

I thought he was reasonable in the cup & last week. At least he can pick up the ball & run with it.

In contrast, Silva absolutely stank the place out again last week & was subbed after like 50 odd mins.

Last day shootout?

That scenario has Rangers 3 points ahead going into the last day!

I agree with your general points:
• the dropped points at Dingwall and Dundee appear to have cost Rangers the title;
• any sort of win today is fine, although obviously more goals would help the GD - if that comes into play;
• a win at Parkhead, however unlikely, means Rangers are right back in it.
You are correct, of course. So focussed on GD I forgot the points total ha ha. A bit like some on here demanding a big win today.;)

It's 7 goals. A two goal win next week - however unlikely - reduces that to just 3 goals. A loss for them at Killie and a win for us against Dundee probably wipes that out and takes us to a last day shootout. Right now I'd take that, even if the odds would still be against us.

We are under enough pressure already without heaping unrealistic expectations/demands on the team to rattle in the goals. Though I fully expect the moans and groans to start at Ibrox if we aren't 3-0 up by half time.:rolleyes:

Truth is, 2 points out of 9 in the space of 10 days in early April has left us f*cked.
8 goals nah?

We are plus 50 they are plus 58

Sorry to interrupt the thread but does anyone know how to download the Rangers TV app to iphone?

Had it on my old iphone and worked fine but wouldn't install on new phone as says no longer available.

Would it not be worth trying Lawrence on the left, he played that position at Derby.

He’s not been in great form but can’t offer less than Slva

Back