Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 13:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

This is my problem mate.

Clement got us back in to the race (not the players).

Now we've been shite for weeks it's the players (not Clement).

You can't get all the praise and none of the criticism.

Either he's had an effect or he hasn't.

Regards squad selection. I'll concede it's difficult and he's been unfortunate there.
He got the team playing well when he had more players to choose from and rotate. He also had the benefit of the “new manager bounce” where our players suddenly up their game for 3 months before reverting to their usual sub par performances.

RTV just shown that the keeper WAS off his line at the penalty save. Oh well, plus ca change, as they say in outer Mongolia.
I'm not sure Tom and Bomber have got that right. His lead foot was, indeed, off the line. Pretty sure the rule is that 1 foot has to be on the line though, not both. Its a rule that's changed a lot though so I might be wrong.

Balogun off injured FFS.

As someone else said after that first half performance he should have picked the ball up and ran sheepishly to the half way line to restart play.

He's been our only attacking player to actually have a crack at goal. At least he appears to be trying, to get in the box and having a pop on goal. Nobody else seems bothered.

Mr Davies? You're alive?
ian-wright-arsenal.gif

Imagine if the team had played like this when Beale was the manager? I really like Clement and think he’s done well but I’m getting Man Utd vibes that the culture needs to change and a clearout is required.

I

We've been generally shite all that half, but the two opportunities we've created have come from Lundstram clipped balls to Silva.
Sterling despite not being a natural attacking player has been our best outlet.

I am not, in any shape or form, a fan of Ben Davies

It makes me laugh that Scottish fans act all superior about play acting and simulation.

There isn't a team in Europe who dive as much as any of the Scottish diddy teams. Those Killie CHs have spent the whole match diving at any contact. Of course the prick in black indulges them time after time.
Absolutely true.

Compliant (complicit??) refs watch these players doing this week in, week out, and appear not to learn ?
The officials have fostered and encouraged an on-pitch culture of hacking and cheating which does nothing to enhance "the product".

I'd take either Balogun or Souttar off, drop Lindtram slightly deeper to help in central defence if needed, push Sterling into a more central role and bring McAusland on to play on the right. Basically a 3-4-3 (dropping to 4-3-3 if needed).

Back