Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 13:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Given the 1st half, can't help but be pleased.

However... 2 corners at end there. Firstly Davies stays back, why? We're looking for goals. And then last kick of ball we play a short one. Terrible decision making given how important goals could end up being.
Davies likely managing an injury and told to stay back, we almost created a decent opening with the short corner at the death.
If it is a season what ifs, then the analysis should be honing in on the 3 defeats in a week under Beale before we move on to more recent poor reaults

Very poor first half, rescued by an astute goal by Silva with seconds to go. Better second half, but against 10 men. Lawrence scored one and made one by shooting on target. If we can hold the score to evens next week I’d do the same and bring on Lawrence and Ross at that point. Prefer Balogun over Davies. Didn’t understand the switch at half time.

Overall, thankful for 3 points, but yet again the team made the fans sweat to achieve them.

Deek can take something off them I think
You can but hope, if it does go to GD I do fancy us to take a few goals in both the Dundee and Hearts matches but St Mirren at the piggery could be whatever result they require so Killie taking something could be our big hope

It was a game we made much more difficult than it should have been. Tav, Borna and to a lesser extent Balogun were woeful, as was Dessers. But we scored 4 goals and were still in it! There’s an argument that says we should start against the scum with the team that finished the game today (although I thought Lundstram actually had a very good game today and Sterling was one of our better players).

Sky commentary feel cheated by us winning - girning like weans about ‘it will be different next Saturday’. I just hope we develop a backbone before next week because Celtc are not that special
You're correct, but they've got a striker who shoots on sight, I watched their game yesterday on Hearts TV and they could easily have been 2 down, then Celtc scored with their first 2 chances, we can't seem to do this, it's always huff n puff with us

Good win in the end. We have no luck in these games - e.g. their first goal - and the double standards in refereeing decisions are really grating now, but we got the job done.

Next week is huge now, hopefully we’ll be in a position to benefit if Kilmarnock get something in the following mid-week.

And you were correct. A much improved second half (though we should have had more).

But we must kick on from this to next week.

I actually thought that PC looked under pressure with his facial expressions.

Maybe that's just me though.

He can't be judged on a team which he has inherited. I think he will inherit his own team, and rip that SPL too %^*&.

What he has at his disposal at the moment is a decent team, but not great, but i'm looking forward to next season.

Not that i think this season has gone. Far from it.

Annoying thing is the lack of smarts on the pitch and inability to react to match situations.

2nd half we actually looked like a team who knew what to do against 10 men. But we’ve seen plenty of times already we can’t afford to wait until the usual half time reset every game.

Why? Name a penalty taker that scores them all.

It worked so well with Morelos getting the LCF one after all…
As much as I don’t want Tav still first choice player next year, now is not the time to change the penalty taker. Tav didn’t do anything wrong at that penalty and 9/10 times that goes in. I have my criticisms of the guy but penalty taking isn’t one of them.

You're correct, but they've got a striker who shoots on sight, I watched their game yesterday on Hearts TV and they could easily have been 2 down, then Celtc scored with their first 2 chances, we can't seem to do this, it's always huff n puff with us
If we can huff and puff ourselves to a draw next week I think we’ll win the title. The scum will crumble 2005 style. Obviously a win for them wins the title but I also think a win for us would make them go out and comfortably win their last two games by more goals than us.

I meant the 20 mins after the 3rd. Wasted opportunity when we should have been all over them
We were all over them, we just never scored enough from our attempts at goal.
40 shots all game.
It’s never easy playing against 10 men parking the bus.
Can’t really complain about a 4-1 win, but Dessers should have scored at least a couple.

Just on way home from game. Wow what a game. Almost ruined by the Unreal Deal Dickinson. Every time they fell over they got a free kick. Thought we did well albeit against 10 men. 11 if you count Dickinson. Diomande my mom although Cantwell and Sterling did well. I thought Silva did well and ran himself into the ground. He got us the penalty and sending off as well as the equaliser. He’s not a £35m player but he doesn’t deserve some of the criticism he gets. I thought Dessers was a menace to them but he needs to shoot instead of trying to walk it into the net. All in all we are still in it and beating Killie 4-1 is not a bad result.

Was Silva and Lawrence's celebrations at their goals a get it up you to the fans ?
Maybe I'm looking at it in the wrong way.

I have been unwell past two days I thought I saw it was a 3pm game on the sporting life website stuck in my mind well pleased with the result and catching the game from 87th minutes so all is well!

First half dreadful, second half much better. Onwards to the piggery next weekend, at least we are still in with a chance,
Mon the Gers.

Back