Match Thread Rangers v Kilmarnock - 13:00 Sunday - Sky Sports

Pish.

But again, great strike
Not one other Rangers player today, beat his man, put 3 opponents on their arse and scored a great goal. Not one came even close. Lundstram and Cantwell hit the first man, the stand roof or the corner flag all day, yet he does that after being on 3 minutes.
Class act.

Not one other Rangers player today, beat his man, put 3 opponents on their arse and scored a great goal. Not one came even close. Lundstram and Cantwell hit the first man, the stand roof or the corner flag all day, yet he does that after being on 3 minutes.
Class act.
Lundstram had a cracking shot spilled by the keeper for Davies' goal. Agreed Lawrence did very well though, injected real drive.

According to McFadden VAR review panel pick which VAR interventions to review?

Surely that can’t be right and they must look at them all?

Edit - seems he is right enough and they only review Key Match Incidents.
What was not reviewed that should have been?

Var seemed to get things right today, just took too long

Clement seemed genuinely pissed off.
So he should. Coming out with shit like Rodgers has is arrogant beyond belief. The guy is a class A fraud lording it up here (while a nose ahead in the title race, albeit massive nose) in a way he'd never get away with in England. I have no idea how we do it given our own team's shortcomings and recent poor record at their dump, but I hope to %^*& we skelp them next week and his hubris is his undoing.

Lundstram put in some shift today, can't fault his effort despite playing out his contract. Not saying we should keep him, but you could when raskin came on we lost control of the game

Class act.
I dunno if you're trying to convince me or yourself here?

Great strike, terrible player.

I’d have thought so too.
What I’d really like to know is how many instances VAR didn’t get involved in that turned out to be wrong.

A good result today. We did it the hard way but that's how this group of players do things.

4 goals scored and ate into the goal difference by three, now go and put 4 past they basturds next Saturday, Rangers.

And too many on here think blind faith makes them better than others. The facts and history are right there, we witnessed them with our own eyes.

Dessers’ winner against St Mirren was our first goal from open play in 3 league games. Until then we’d had two OG’s and a penalty, yet some here realistically expect us to score 4 or 5 today.

It folk want to ignore history with these players and believe they can deliver, that’s their call. I just can’t see past the cold hard facts staring me in the face when it comes to these players.
Well you did say people could quote you if it happened.

I thought we were very good today. Best we’ve been in a long time

I have to say I’m glad that’s over.
A painful watch despite total dominance.
If we had a striker who could score goals, we would be burying teams.
Instead, we have got a defense that gives up early goals. We play a system which looks really disjointed.
And our players seem to need 10 chances to score.
Even though it was easy in the end, two of the goals were scored by Central defenders.
You have to give Fabio Silva his due for the finish at the end of the first half.
But the reality is that Cyriel Dessers has had enough chances to score 40 goals this season.
Yesterday, the diving Japanese got two chances in the first 20 minutes and clinically finished both of them.
We are just gonna have to hope that Cyriel comes good next Saturday.
However, I just can’t see it.
What was equally concerning was there was no run out today for Kemar Roofe.
It would have made sense to have given him 20 minutes at the end to try and get him sharp ahead of next Saturday as Dessers or Silva will run out of steam or there is also the risk of one of them picking up an injury.

Best we’ve been in a long time I agree with. Completely disagree with us being very good today. I thought we were awful for the first half and marginally better second half. We badly lacked any drive or urgency and showed no patterns of play. We eventually wore them down and scored a wonder goal through Lawrence and a couple of good poachers goals from our centre half’s. A very laboured and unimaginative performance.

Result by far the most important thing and on we go to next week.

I have to say I’m glad that’s over.
A painful watch despite total dominance.
If we had a striker who could score goals, we would be burying teams.
Instead, we have got a defense that gives up early goals. We play a system which looks really disjointed.
And our players seem to need 10 chances to score.
Even though it was easy in the end, two of the goals were scored by Central defenders.
You have to give Fabio Silva his due for the finish at the end of the first half.
But the reality is that Cyriel Dessers has had enough chances to score 40 goals this season.
Yesterday, the diving Japanese got two chances in the first 20 minutes and clinically finished both of them.
We are just gonna have to hope that Cyriel comes good next Saturday.
However, I just can’t see it.
What was equally concerning was there was no run out today for Kemar Roofe.
It would have made sense to have given him 20 minutes at the end to try and get him sharp ahead of next Saturday as Dessers or Silva will run out of steam or there is also the risk of one of them picking up an injury.
Really can’t understand not playing Roofe for the last 20 minutes even if just to get Dessers out of there.

If we can huff and puff ourselves to a draw next week I think we’ll win the title. The scum will crumble 2005 style. Obviously a win for them wins the title but I also think a win for us would make them go out and comfortably win their last two games by more goals than us.

There is no chance they lose to St Mirren at home so the only chance is Killie away.

But even if they lose that we have a 6 goal swing to overcome - I just can’t see it. We need to beat them

We need to be like wild tigers next week if wwe are to batter them and their match officials and silence their crowd!

That was a hard watch especially the first half, VAR did it no favours at all. Can’t understand why it takes so long for simple decisions.

Lundstram was his usual slow self with Silva shaking his head when available for a pass forward.
I am not a great Lawrance fan as he can drop out of games but his will to drive forward and can keep the ball from going over the bar at a shot puts him in place of Lundstram for me.
Poor first half with only Cantwell and Sterling showing internsity and desire.
Sterling at right back and McCausland on the right wing is for me the way forward.
Shame is if we had Danilo Sima Matondo and Cortes all fit we would have won this league by now Maybe with amazing luck we beat them along with Killie beating them and we do the business against Dundee and Hearts but it is a huge ask.

I said I’d be happy if folk quoted me if we went on to win the league, but regardless the job was done today but again there’s still alarm bells at the back.

Onto next week.

Lundstram was his usual slow self with Silva shaking his head when available for a pass forward.
I am not a great Lawrance fan as he can drop out of games but his will to drive forward and can keep the ball from going over the bar at a shot puts him in place of Lundstram for me.
Poor first half with only Cantwell and Sterling showing internsity and desire.
Sterling at right back and McCausland on the right wing is for me the way forward.
Shame is if we had Danilo Sima Matondo and Cortes all fit we would have won this league by now Maybe with amazing luck we beat them along with Killie beating them and we do the business against Dundee and Hearts but it is a huge ask.

I missed the first 15 minutes or so and turned on the TV just in time to catch the double drop ball fiasco involving Dessers and Cantwell. Noted we were a goal down and thought here we go.

I thought we needed a goal before h/t but just didn't see it coming after the penalty miss, but lo and behold it's hi-ho Silva lining right on the h/t whistle.

I don't usually watch the h/t stuff time on RTV, but this time I did to see who fcuked up for Killie's goal and whadda you know, Tav is caught out at the back post. It is criminal defending.

This defence has killed us and with that level of performance and defending recently. And with the best will in the world, the thought of us keeping a clean sheet next week, seems as far away as my first Greyfriars Bobby.

Edit - seems he is right enough and they only review Key Match Incidents.
But it’s for training information only.
It causes mayhem among the supporters of teams on the receiving end.
Worthless exercise.

I missed the first 15 minutes or so and turned on the TV just in time to catch the double drop ball fiasco involving Dessers and Cantwell. Noted we were a goal down and thought here we go.

I thought we needed a goal before h/t but just didn't see it coming after the penalty miss, but lo and behold it's hi-ho Silva lining right on the h/t whistle.

I don't usually watch the h/t stuff time on RTV, but this time I did to see who fcuked up for Killie's goal and whadda you know, Tav is caught out at the back post. It is criminal defending.

This defence has killed us and with that level of performance and defending recently. And with the best will in the world, the thought of us keeping a clean sheet next week, seems as far away as my first Greyfriars Bobby.
Our two didn’t know that a killie player must touch it before balls in play.
The fact is it was our drop ball.

I said I’d be happy if folk quoted me if we went on to win the league, but regardless the job was done today but again there’s still alarm bells at the back.

Onto next week.
There are, but… when was the last time both cb’s scored ?

Cmon there’s 4 games left.
Win them and there’s a very high chance we’ve just secured a treble.

Big Marv being out at half time was tactical. Keep believing

John Brown shortly before half time
" my insides are churning with anger "
You and me both John.
I felt much the same as John Brown and your good self that first half mate!

I don’t usually give the team a hard time but I did today in that first half. Just sick of this, simce the title race got real, we had the lead and it was in our own hands, we have looked shit for long periods in every game since.

The fans have been up for a title fight since the turn of the year, the players have not been at it since the Motherwell defeat. It’s frustrating every week but this week, I’ve had enough of the shit we got in the 1st half The second half was much better and they get credit for that. That first half BS is there every week. If Tav makes a mistake, it usually leads to a scoring chance at least and it takes him until after half time to recover. Sometimes he doesn’t recover and he’s not the only one. That’s not good enough.

I was also pissed off with Silvia’s wank celebration to the Rangers fans. He owes this club and the fans a lot more than a goal against Kilmarnock! He scored a good goal, played ok but acting like a prick in front of the fans was the first thing that came to mind! Arsehole behavior from a player well below Rangers standards.

It’s ok to criticize the players when they deserve it. The ‘hate’ comments are shit though, and the banger who used AIDS to describe a player is just a rocket.
Criticism within reason is perfectly fine given the recent performances and the capitulation in the league at the first sign we were favorites.

Those getting personal and over the top comments against posters who dare to criticize that crap we got in the first half can get fucked, your on the internet, save it for the pub or wait until your face to face with a real person if you feel that strongly.
Some of you are every bit as bad as the fans who get personal and out of order with the players FFS :))

Back