Archive Rangers Women Season 22/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
I speak to Kathy everyday, we are good pals

Last night ‘Won’t have my phone on in Greece, want to be completely focused but we’ll catch up after the game’

There’s your captain. I’m biased but she’s a top women and loving being home

I’m really hopeful the team manage it!

I’m a bit late to the party covering the Womens game but I’m the only one on 4lads so it’s tough. Rangers are so helpful however and offer great access. So it’s amazing to learn.

If anyone in here fancies helping or covering then feel free to shout

Sounds daft saying this given we've scored 22 goals in two games - but we miss Jane Ross. Yes, we'll win almost every game by being faster, fitter and stronger but she added something extra - an ability to find space and to ghost past defenders. We don't have anyone else like that.

I’m not sure Kayla quite has the all round game - the management seem to rate her tho. Hopeful howat will get a start soon when fully fit -very similar to Ross in movement and runs.

I see westrup has confirmed for Sunderland - what sort of coin would she be getting down there compared to us ?

Will be a difficult task having to completely change the way we play and actually playing against players of quality. Looking forward to see how we cope.

Very surprising team selection for me

Esson
Docherty
Hill
Davison
McLauchlan
Cornet
Middag
Kerr
Orschmann
Danielsson
McCoy

Kirsty McLean, Brogan Hay and Lizzie Arnott massively unlucky in my humble opinion, borderline wrong decisions but we’ll see….

Very surprising team selection for me

Esson
Docherty
Hill
Davison
McLauchlan
Cornet
Middag
Kerr
Orschmann
Danielsson
McCoy

Kirsty McLean, Brogan Hay and Lizzie Arnott massively unlucky in my humble opinion, borderline wrong decisions but we’ll see….
Different type of game which required experience, hence Dina, Tessel etc came back in. Hay impactful when she came on.

Esson looks like a find.

Great result and hopefully can come through Sunday. Anyone know if PAOK are good or how they would compare to us? The heat will certainly be in their favour but hopefully we can do the damage.

Thanks for this - you clearly have your ear to the ground about such things. I’m relatively new to the women’s game and without much insight - keep us updated on these non football related issues. Fascinating stuff
Absolutely massive blow for City last night financially.
Alexander (Gibson) sold the 1st and had a big part in the 3rd they lost.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them try to cash in on Chinchilla. Hearing she is desperate to get away so it makes sense for them now to take a fee for her while they still can.

Esson looks like a find.

Great result and hopefully can come through Sunday. Anyone know if PAOK are good or how they would compare to us? The heat will certainly be in their favour but hopefully we can do the damage.
It will be very difficult but this is why Rangers have assembled this squad.

Falling this close to the Groups proper would be failure IMO, however they do it on Sunday, it cannot be a hard luck story come the final whistle.

Big game tomorrow - any team news ? Expect us to be able to stay in the game from a skill perspective - I would be a little concerned about matching physicality for 90 mins - we may not need to tho……

Looking forward to it after that usual nonsense at lunchtime. What times kick off ?

Big game tomorrow - any team news ? Expect us to be able to stay in the game from a skill perspective - I would be a little concerned about matching physicality for 90 mins - we may not need to tho……

Looking forward to it after that usual nonsense at lunchtime. What times kick off ?
Its 2.30 but asume that is CET rather than GMT which means 1.30 for us. Fingers crossed we can do it.

So the BBC had Glasgow City ladies on during the week and tomorrow have celtc growlers while Rangers ladies play in the next round of the ECL. Is this the fair and balanced coverage we can expect of ladies football going forward?

Esson looks like a find.

Bet365 have priced the game up,

Rangers are bigger favourites with them than they were against Ferenvacos.

It’s going to be tough, Kathy being out is a blow as we’ll likely have to play with Middag at centre back which isn’t ideal, it’s okay against the lower SWPL sides but this is a different level.

Will be interesting to see how he sets up in terms of attacking, will Arnot and Hay start for example?

It’s going to be tough, Kathy being out is a blow as we’ll likely have to play with Middag at centre back which isn’t ideal, it’s okay against the lower SWPL sides but this is a different level.

Will be interesting to see how he sets up in terms of attacking, will Arnot and Hay start for example?

Getting more confident over the past few days - although with sensible hat on, is going to be a big ask. That pitch is a helluva leveller though - thought kerr in particular tried to pass it. This game comes down to fitness, shape, where you are playing on the pitch and attrition I’m afraid. Not sure I’d touch hay or Lizzie until 70 mins tbh - even against city and the shettlestons, they seldom have any significant impact.

Based on co-efficient, Ferencvaros were 'top seeds', just ahead of PAOK, with Swansea next a long way behind and Rangers nowhere.

PAOK - 57
Ferencvaros - 63
Swansea - 105
Rangers - below 127 (as far as the rankings seem to go)

I expect it to be even tougher than midweek, with PAOK having Home advantage and the benefit of effectively playing inside an oven. The pitch is a concern as well if its the same one. We will have a better chance if the Greeks try to play football, rather than take the 'robust' approach of the Hungarians in midweek.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back