Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

Told that banned Partick manager Brian Graham was up in back of the wee stand shouting out to his players. Appantely he was louder than the boy with the drum!! Bans for managers don't seem to be an issue at Petershill Park.

Told that banned Partick manager Brian Graham was up in back of the wee stand shouting out to his players. Appantely he was louder than the boy with the drum!! Bans for managers don't seem to be an issue at Petershill Park.
I went to a Hamilton v Partick ladies game earlier in the season and Graham was a moany loudmouth all game. He just kept slaughtering the linesman despite winning fairly comfortably.

Goalkeeper issues were obvious imo I was really surprised we didn’t make changes .

Fife looks the part she has a great physique for goal but I guess it’s about sporting nous and conviction too .

Goalkeeper issues were obvious imo I was really surprised we didn’t make changes .

Fife looks the part she has a great physique for goal but I guess it’s about sporting nous and conviction too .

Jenna looks the part at times, but then makes a horrendous mistake that completely unsettles her and the rest of the team.
I don't know if it's a concentration thing with not having a great deal to do and she feels the pressure when a pass back or high ball comes in.

Jenna looks the part at times, but then makes a horrendous mistake that completely unsettles her and the rest of the team.
I don't know if it's a concentration thing with not having a great deal to do and she feels the pressure when a pass back or high ball comes in.
If that's the case, then she can't remain first team gk going forward.
At Rangers you have to be able to handle the pressure!
Right Connor??

Isn't Esson the national keeper for her country?
Is it NZ??

I went to a Hamilton v Partick ladies game earlier in the season and Graham was a moany loudmouth all game. He just kept slaughtering the linesman despite winning fairly comfortably.
As well as Brian Graham barking out 'instructions' to his players from the back of the stand, sitting among the Gers players was young Kirsty McLean. Her missing from the team thru injury has been the main cause of the teams dip in form. Anybody know if she could be back this season?

As well as Brian Graham barking out 'instructions' to his players from the back of the stand, sitting among the Gers players was young Kirsty McLean. Her missing from the team thru injury has been the main cause of the teams dip in form. Anybody know if she could be back this season?
Last I read it was No but my god she really is on another level from every player I’ve seen in this league .

She’s brilliant

I think Jenna Fife would have advanced and cleared the through ball that led to us conceding unlike Esson who, for reasons that are quite inexplicable, chose to retreat and allowed the Thistle forward to reach a ball that should have been beyond her.

Yes, losing her footing didn't help but I suspect she wasn't favourite to deal with the ball when that happened. Longcake, the scorer, is pacy but she wouldn't have got to the ball had Esson not changed her mind after starting to come for the ball.

I agree with your assessment regarding Jenna Fife's tendency to be put under pressure from pass backs but our defenders don't help her sometimes. Nicola Docherty in particular, is guilty of turning back on herself and playing the ball back to Jenna from her weaker
side. She has to allow the ball to run across onto her right foot to clear and that's when the panic sets in as her clearances are often rushed and hence less controlled.

It stands to reason that subjecting the goalkeeper to situations where she is very uncomfortable should be avoided. Consequently, knowing how this can undermine her confidence I can't understand why Docherty doesn't just play the ball forward to our more advanced players rather than risk putting her keeper under pressure.​

I think Jenna Fife would have advanced and cleared the through ball that led to us conceding unlike Esson who, for reasons that are quite inexplicable, chose to retreat and allowed the Thistle forward to reach a ball that should have been beyond her.

Yes, losing her footing didn't help but I suspect she wasn't favourite to deal with the ball when that happened. Longcake, the scorer, is pacy but she wouldn't have got to the ball had Esson not changed her mind after starting to come for the ball.

I agree with your assessment regarding Jenna Fife's tendency to be put under pressure from pass backs but our defenders don't help her sometimes. Nicola Docherty in particular, is guilty of turning back on herself and playing the ball back to Jenna from her weaker
side. She has to allow the ball to run across onto her right foot to clear and that's when the panic sets in as her clearances are often rushed and hence less controlled.

It stands to reason that subjecting the goalkeeper to situations where she is very uncomfortable should be avoided. Consequently, knowing how this can undermine her confidence I can't understand why Docherty doesn't just play the ball forward to our more advanced players rather than risk putting her keeper under pressure.​

both keepers are capable of great saves and then 5 mins later produce a howler
Esson like Sundays one, Fife has previous for letting the ball go past her
I think Esson is better with crosses but Fife is more composed in general

its telling that neither is fixed in the no. 1 position

one should be kept and a new No. 1 brought in

Jo was asked directly after the Hearts game I think it was about her and she said she was going to be out a little longer . She didn't say she was out for the season nor did she say she will be back. The fact they're being very coy about her probably tells it's own story.

One positive was definitely Rachel McLauchlan returning to the team on Sunday she has also been a big miss .

I got an email about the semi final yesterday with a link to buy tickets but when I go to the Hampden page and log in the ticket information disappears. Thought it might be my account but same happens with the new account I created. Before I have a moan at the club, is anyone else getting the same problem?

Last edited:
Heading over today.

I'm sick of seeing more mutants than Rangers fans at these games.
As usual Rangers do next to nothing to promote it.

At the risk of an admin slap down I think they should put a separate thread up for games like these to encourage a bit of support.

I think it would get lost in the main thread where it's mainly the same dedicated posters.

I'd do it myself but nearly every thread I start gets chopped.:))

Anyway, for any newbies to the thread.
Get your arse along.

Last edited:
Heading over today.

I'm sick of seeing more mutants than Rangers fans at these games.
As usual Rangers do next to nothing to promote it.

At the risk of an admin slap down I think they should put up a separate thread up for games like these to encourage a bit of support.

I think it would get lost in the main thread where it's mainly the same dedicated posters.

I'd do it myself but nearly every thread I start gets chopped.:))
Your QR code/ ticket should be “live” on the Hampden app now :)

Best of British to our girls today. A win against The Uglies would warm the cockles of my auld heart.

I'm then meeting my eldest "up London" to go to Stamford Bridge for the Chelsea vs Barca UWCL semi so another Blues win would be welcome.

So two semis in one day? No bad at 64.

Must have missed the fact the ladies got beat last weekend. They seem to have completely blown the title.

Hopefully some kind of response today as I had been looking forward to this

Well, that was a waste of a tenner and a ticket. Not able to get any for the girls. If you thought Rangers online was bad, the Hampden Park tickets application is an absolute joke. Once you install the app and set it all up it allows you to get no more tickets except for Scotland games. A waste of time, money and effort!

If anyone fancies South Stand Row Z (good seat) in Rangers end and can make it at short notice, PM me and I'll send the QR code - transfers are allowed.

I'd rather there was a Rangers fan there. I just couldn't get more tickets for the family.

Free of course.

GMKgF9kWcAA86QK

Back