Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

Was just looking at their remaining games for them and the trampettes play all their games slightly earlier than our ladies meaning our ladies team will have constant pressure to keep winning and stay in touch with them. The only game that appears fair is the last game of the season as everyone starts at the same time on that day.

Dreadful second half tactics. Constant long balls played in to the hands of their "meaty" defence.

We should have been playing through Liv, not by-passing her by launching it over her head.

And if that's the tactics, then why weren't our front pairing working together?

Disappointing.

Was just looking at their remaining games for them and the trampettes play all their games slightly earlier than our ladies meaning our ladies team will have constant pressure to keep winning and stay in touch with them. The only game that appears fair is the last game of the season as everyone starts at the same time on that day.
They play earlier for broadcast reasons in the next 2 games

The players were not at the awards last night I'm sure.

I think we were hampered by injury today. Hill and McLauchlan would have started otherwise. Rowe was so ineffective today that she was surely carrying an injury as well.
Even more disappointing the players couldn't enjoy a night like that, and enjoy the fruits of their labours.
Bad timing. Congrats to Jo and the ladies on their deserve awards.

"Hampered by injury"?
The story of our season. Men and women.
Again!!

Question still be asked.
Season after season.
Why????
Folk on here like to blame the medical staff but they have changed regularly over the years I'm sure so I'm not convinced its that. Its also a valid question to wonder if the same problem affecting both teams is somehow linked?

Shelly Kerr certainly talks a lot of sense and we all know she's one of us.

Our next manager?
I think Jo Potter is doing just fine. That said, before Jo was in the frame, I had thought of Shelley as a candidate giv3n that she's 'one of us'.
Didn't she leave the Scotland job under a cloud?

Every time I watch the so called big games involving Rangers - and the other big teams like Celtic and Glasgow city; I always think the same - this is dreadful. These are full time players who are supposed to be working hard at raising the standards, but they completely clueless.

Is it the players, is it the coaches?

Bottom line for me is this whole project is a waste of money. And the low attendances confirm the interest simply isn't there to justify the outgoings at the moment.

The beastettes came with a game plan to allow us possession and hit on the break. They were also very physical and it’s a great mystery why at least 4 of them didn’t see a yellow, especially the Munter up front.

We were not good enough and lost the midfield after half time. Maybe should have made the subs earlier as several looked out on their feet, especially after the Managers claims that we are the fitter team.

Folk on here like to blame the medical staff but they have changed regularly over the years I'm sure so I'm not convinced its that. Its also a valid question to wonder if the same problem affecting both teams is somehow linked?
Look at the average day footballer.
In whatever league you choose.
How much of a season do they actually play??

It seems these days players in general, their bodies don't seem to handle the demands and rigmarole of playing through the season.
Maybe demands are too high??
Too many games??
Probably this needs to move to a different post if discussed further.

Every time I watch the so called big games involving Rangers - and the other big teams like Celtic and Glasgow city; I always think the same - this is dreadful. These are full time players who are supposed to be working hard at raising the standards, but they completely clueless.

Is it the players, is it the coaches?

Bottom line for me is this whole project is a waste of money. And the low attendances confirm the interest simply isn't there to justify the outgoings at the moment.
Attendance today was bigger than some
Championship attendances and probably more than say livi v Ross county etc so wouldn’t call them low.

Look at the average day footballer.
In whatever league you choose.
How much of a season do they actually play??

It seems these days players in general, their bodies don't seem to handle the demands and rigmarole of playing through the season.
Maybe demands are too high??
Too many games??
Probably this needs to move to a different post if discussed further.
The big leagues like England and Germany play 22 games in a league season. We play 32 league games plus two domestic cups and international games for some players.

The players were not at the awards last night I'm sure.

I think we were hampered by injury today. Hill and McLauchlan would have started otherwise. Rowe was so ineffective today that she was surely carrying an injury as well.
Agree VB. Must have been injuries that prevented Hill And Maclauchlan starting that game. Rowe had an ice pack on her ankle when she came off and just never got going today.

Kathy will be kicking herself at the end but thought she played well when she came on. A couple of great long passes but Arnott and Mia struggled to get past the full backs today.

Thought McLoughlin done very well in the middle of the park does a huge amount of work on and off the ball that goes unnoticed. If McLean had stayed fit we win the league it's that simple for me but cannot see how we can hold on to her much longer far too good for the game up here.

Can't see that lot dropping points but keep going until the end you live in hope.

Agree VB. Must have been injuries that prevented Hill And Maclauchlan starting that game. Rowe had an ice pack on her ankle when she came off and just never got going today.

Kathy will be kicking herself at the end but thought she played well when she came on. A couple of great long passes but Arnott and Mia struggled to get past the full backs today.

Thought McLoughlin done very well in the middle of the park does a huge amount of work on and off the ball that goes unnoticed. If McLean had stayed fit we win the league it's that simple for me but cannot see how we can hold on to her much longer far too good for the game up here.

Can't see that lot dropping points but keep going until the end you live in hope.
Aye, sadly McLean and McAuley won't be at Rangers for too much longer I don't think. They are bound to have caught the eye of scouts from down South.

Back