Official Rangers Women - Season 23-24

I agree but the post I was replying to said that the interest wasn’t there, regardless of the price the crowd was decent so the interest clearly is there
Correct there is interest there and part of the reason was the price and nature of the game in question

Overpriced it and the interest won't be there

Scottish Cup Semi-final is better gauge as it a higher price and just over 2800 that is would more on par with League 2 were the price is not much more than was was charged

£10 adult £5con/juv

Last edited:
Every time I watch the so called big games involving Rangers - and the other big teams like Celtic and Glasgow city; I always think the same - this is dreadful. These are full time players who are supposed to be working hard at raising the standards, but they completely clueless.

Is it the players, is it the coaches?

Bottom line for me is this whole project is a waste of money. And the low attendances confirm the interest simply isn't there to justify the outgoings at the moment.
Maybe lower your expectations a little.
They get paid buttons.

They’re never going to get anywhere close to the men’s level, just like nearly every sport (that’s not a dig at female athletes).

Just don’t expect to see the next Christine Ronaldo and you might enjoy it a little more.

Every time I watch the so called big games involving Rangers - and the other big teams like Celtic and Glasgow city; I always think the same - this is dreadful. These are full time players who are supposed to be working hard at raising the standards, but they completely clueless.

Is it the players, is it the coaches?

Bottom line for me is this whole project is a waste of money. And the low attendances confirm the interest simply isn't there to justify the outgoings at the moment.
It’s a completely different sport mate, that’s the best way to think of it

I’ve watched probably 6-7 of our womens team’s games this season and enjoy them purely on the basis that I don’t compare them to male football at any level, it’s simply not remotely the same in any way in terms of gameplay

Don't think you could really compare it given the pricing is total different
Just checked and it’s £30 for a Livi fan to go to a home game against us. Cost to see Rangers-Celtic in a title decider today was £3. Half the price of pie and bovril at Ibrox. £1 for a concession. Women’s game are pretty much paying you to come after expenses. Men’s game, teams outside the big few are really up against it.

It’s a completely different sport mate, that’s the best way to think of it

I’ve watched probably 6-7 of our womens team’s games this season and enjoy them purely on the basis that I don’t compare them to male football at any level, it’s simply not remotely the same in any way in terms of gameplay
We can't all be Real Madrid, mate, it's snobby pish and bloody annoys me, mon the Rangers women

In case anyone is planning to attend

Hibs away next Wednesday night now has a 6pm kick-off at Meadowbank Stadium

Hibs 1st team also playing at home so guess why the change in kick-off time

Surprised that neither Hearts or Rangers have won the Scottish Women's Cup despite it being around for over half a century.

Both clubs were only formed in 2008 for us and 2009 for Hearts

We reached the final in 2009 & 2010 and that is when it was totally different for us as a club

Last edited:
Live on BBC Alba 4.10pm

GNYkfzOXQAAM_jb

Watching this and the Rangers ladies need to win well today to try and make a dent on the goal difference as the Trampettes went even further ahead today as they beat Thistle 3-0

Watching this and the Rangers ladies need to win well today to try and make a dent on the goal difference as the Trampettes went even further ahead today as they beat Thistle 3-0
That ship has sailed.
The goal difference can’t be caught.

We need the Gargoyles to drop points which doesn’t look like happening.

Like the men’s team, they dropped points to the league’s flotsam.

Back