Real Madrid v Bayern & Wednesday's other football

Yep, the thought of a Dortmund Bayern final in the UK brilliant too. But most likely a Real win the in final, boring as you say.

So instead of Real Madrid winning it…you want a final that has literally already been played only 11 years ago in the exact same stadium?

Make it make sense.

FB-IMG-1715202269634.jpg
It's off

Linos guessed and got f'n lucky

The BBC’s attempt to make Davies’ wonder goal all about Kane, and Bayern’s collapse about Kane being off the pitch is as funny as it is feeble.

Maybe Chelsea was the game before it. I can remember it being a "thing" that Madrid were just destined to always win
Yes they did the similar thing to Chelsea in a previous round, they are cockroach fc in the CL

Just saw the madrid bayern highlights on youtube. That ending was outrageous stuff from the linesman.

Absolutely. But I wonder if it feels worse when it’s the CL or if it all matters the same in the end.
Would say it’s all relative to the level you are expected to be playing at surely? Us winning the Europa would be every bit as good if not a bigger achievement than a Bayern or a Madrid winning a CL?

I had a bet on bet365 that included Jude B having a shot on target that came up so I cashed out. I've just noticed they've deducted the winning amount from my balance and the bet is showing as unsettled and its now saying he didn't have a shot on target.I watched the game and was convinced he had.Anyone else having the same issue?
Yeah I had that too. Was all over the place whole game so just cashed out my stake. I thought it was weird he was showing as having had a shot on target as he definitely hadn’t

Why are folks acting like Bayern were hard done to? It was offside, that's not a debate. Bayern wanting a goal given because the guys hand played him onside. Surely they understand the rules?

Why are folks acting like Bayern were hard done to? It was offside, that's not a debate. Bayern wanting a goal given because the guys hand played him onside. Surely they understand the rules?
Not the point unless you had cash on bayern, the ref should let the move play out till conclusion. It's too close

Bayern were hard done by as both the linesman and referee were in error. They have every right to question why the linesman raised his flag for a marginal decision and why the referee immediately stopped play.

Both actions are clearly against the rules irrespective of whether the player was offside.

Reminds me of Johnston playing basketball at the Piggery. We may indeed have had a player offside but no hand ball being called was a clear error and we had every right to question that.

We know Scottish football is corrupt. Uefa run the Champions League. You have to wonder.

Bayern were hard done by as both the linesman and referee were in error. They have every right to question why the linesman raised his flag for a marginal decision and why the referee immediately stopped play.

Both actions are clearly against the rules irrespective of whether the player was offside.

Reminds me of Johnston playing basketball at the Piggery. We may indeed have had a player offside but no hand ball being called was a clear error and we had every right to question that.

We know Scottish football is corrupt. Uefa run the Champions League. You have to wonder.

Yep it makes you wonder what "passage of play" really means. It all seems very subjective and the application of the "rules" and "review" is reducing football to stop/start bollox like rugby and dare I say American football.

It was offside though so in the end the correct outcome happened?
Was it offside? De Ligt is standing offside but doesn't become active till the 2nd phase so no offside offence. The other guy who challenges for the 1st header is very borderline and possibly onside.

I think you're missing the point.
No, I do get it. The game should have been allowed to flow then the offside decision given. The linesman putting the flag up affected both teams though. Madrid players had clearly stopped.

I wasn't sure but according to Sky 'replays showed the Bayern defender was onside':

Was it offside? De Ligt is standing offside but doesn't become active till the 2nd phase so no offside offence. The other guy who challenges for the 1st header is very borderline and possibly onside.
It was tight but I do think it was offside. If the goal had been given Real Madrid would have had every right to be as furious as Bayern seem to be.

No, I do get it. The game should have been allowed to flow then the offside decision given. The linesman putting the flag up affected both teams though. Madrid players had clearly stopped.
Indeed.

A complete clusterfuck but only one side was in danger of having a CL final taken from their grasp in the last seconds.

If play was incorrectly stopped in a similar manner at the Piggery on Saturday during a last gasp Rangers attack for a winning goal and...well the point's so obvious it hardly needs stated.

It was tight but I do think it was offside. If the goal had been given Real Madrid would have had every right to be as furious as Bayern seem to be.
I do agree with your other post that it was highly unlikely to end up in the goal if the ref had played on because Madrid would have challenged or blocked the shot. Instead, the ref blew and Madrid stopped. Bayern would have you believe it was a nailed on goal.

I thought both Bayern players looked offside but the ref blowing the whistle and not letting the game carry on was madness when you see clear offsides carry on.

I can’t believe we’re not seeing much more around this decision in the press.

I’ve not seen the lines drawn, so no idea if it was a correct outcome or not. However the process the referees are supposed to follow was ignored, that’s not something that should ever happen.

If I were a Bayern fan, I’d be expecting the Board to take this up with UEFA.

I thought both Bayern players looked offside but the ref blowing the whistle and not letting the game carry on was madness when you see clear offsides carry on.
The thing is, they are meant to play on only in the case of a clear opportunity on goal. That's why you often see the flag go up as soon as the winger turns away from goal towards the corner flag or if a covering defender comes back and forces them away from goal. They don't just play on indefinitely.

So in this case the linesman has seen the initial header go backwards away from goal and has been too quick to decide the opportunity is gone, and put the flag up before Bayern picked up the second ball.

It's a mistake but you can see why it happened, he didn't flag immediately but he saw the header going away from goal and thought the clear opportunity on goal was over.

Officials did not do Bayern and favours last night, Real unsurprisingly got the benefit.

That offside call at the end was ludicrous when they allow actual blatant offsides to play out before raising a flag

Bein sport have the same tech with VAR as UEFA use and they’ve shown Rudigers heel played Muller on. De Ligt was off but he wasn’t the one who challenged for the header so they were onside.

Pretty confident they would have scored regardless of the whistle because only the keeper had time to stop and he wouldnt have got near it.

Massive %^*& up.

Bein sport have the same tech with VAR as UEFA use and they’ve shown Rudigers heel played Muller on. De Ligt was off but he wasn’t the one who challenged for the header so they were onside.

Pretty confident they would have scored regardless of the whistle because only the keeper had time to stop and he wouldnt have got near it.

Massive %^*& up.
is that available on line anywhere?

It wasn’t offside by the way, verified by Bien. Bayern are especially right to be angry with the way play was halted, but Real always seem to get the breaks at home

As an aside....I was thinking as the game was around 85 minutes played and the crowd were going crazy - imagine playing in that atmosphere, it must feck you up inside. Then Neuer fecks up, then the second Real goal goes in and it's utter bedlam. No wonder the lino and ref lost it :eek:

It wasn’t offside by the way, verified by Bien. Bayern are especially right to be angry with the way play was halted, but Real always seem to get the breaks at home
As mentioned already, the Real players had all stopped as well when the flag went up.

Back