Robbie fraser

Have to say seen him with B team a fair few times and wasn’t ever a believer in him , but , tonight he handled that well I thought Robbie was very reliable and present in his role . Setup,a nice chance for Dessers tonight .

Maybe worth reconsideration but I guess if he’s OoC someone has already made a call

Last edited:
Has he been out in loan? A bit strange he's making his debut at 21. Hopefully he has and has built up some experience

In his 30 odd minutes I thought he was terrific, really positive driving forward with good use of the ball.

Makes it all the more annoying and baffling that we didn't have the confidence to play him earlier against the likes of Ross County and Dundee.

Boy looks good very forward thinking and drives forward could have been doing with him over barasic since the ridvan injury. Can’t say i have seen him much before the odd game here and there for the B team but on his showing tonight he is an able deputy.
He has done what so many of us have dreamed of doing playing for Rangers at Ibrox.
So well done young man.
His performance was overall ok, defensively was caught out few times who does that remind you of on another wing.
Did not realise he is 21 thought he was much younger. So next season very important for him.

Really impressed me, I think he only got beaten by his winger once. Looked strong going forward and solid defensively. Good pace and put in some really nice deliveries. He also looked comfortable coming into the middle of the park like Ridvan does.

Foolishness to make any grand statements on 30-odd minutes but I'd definitely like to see him feature again. Ridvan clearly needs to be managed ahead of the final so I expect Fraser will get at least some action against Hearts.
The only mistake he made was he let Main get on the wrong side of him to create a chance for Dundee. i put it down to the experience of Main and inexperience of Robbie.

Said it for months he should’ve been in was pointless persisting with barasic
The quicker we give boys like him and mackinnon more game time to prove there worth the better
The quicker the support learn that young players need to learn and stay off their backs for a while, the easier this might be.
Do you remember a game against Dundee a couple of years back when Stevens, Nsio and another kid played?
Nsio took a pass from a defender with his back to goal, turned and lost out to a clean but fairly robust challenge.
Guy next to me moaned out loud “Ah, that’s no good enough son, you’ll no dae.”
I said “FFS mate, give the lad a chance, they’re not all Barry Fergusons at that age.”
He replied “Don’t care, a Rangers player needs to do better, immediately not later.”
That’s the attitude a young player has to face and it is not a good attitude there is nothing good about it.
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon.

Yeah I was surprised he was 21 and that was his first appearance.
Surprised and disappointed really.

I'd rather gamble on inexperience in favour of some speed and application down that flank when it's the qualities we've so badly missed at times.

He may not be Roberto Carlos and he may never make it at Rangers but we had problems in that area all season and he was never even tried.

Ridiculous but very Rangers.

In his 30 odd minutes I thought he was terrific, really positive driving forward with good use of the ball.

Makes it all the more annoying and baffling that we didn't have the confidence to play him earlier against the likes of Ross County and Dundee.
Totally agree, he offered so much in that 30 mins compared to Barasic this last few months. It’s one thing that does my head in the last few years we give cameo appearances to some of the young boys last games of the season then never play them in any game throughout the season. Bonkers for development and to promote youth to sell.

Would be disappointed to lose him but these kids have to think of their own careers.

Our B Team situation is an absolute riot. So many young players stagnating.

Over the moon for him and his family, big Rangers supporting family, his Granda sits in the EE

He did OK, looked a threat going forward but a couple of times he was easily turned. Room for improvement, but if we had a reliable left back then he could be decent cover.
Coming up against a better standard of player than he is used to, will adjust and hopefully quickly. Like the fact he looked up before crossing the ball and didn't just sling it in blindly.

That would be all well and good, but he’s 21. It’s not fair on Robbie to be playing for pish like Livi on-loan.

He should leave and establish himself as a first choice left back at a lower league English club. Jordan Thompson and Ryan Hardie should be example to follow.
Going on loan could work out if we re-sign him.

That is assuming we are bringing in Jefte.

Tell Robbie we`ll be selling Ridvan next year while he still has value, then you come back to fight Jefte for 1st team minutes.

The quicker the support learn that young players need to learn and stay off their backs for a while, the easier this might be.
Do you remember a game against Dundee a couple of years back when Stevens, Nsio and another kid played?
Nsio took a pass from a defender with his back to goal, turned and lost out to a clean but fairly robust challenge.
Guy next to me moaned out loud “Ah, that’s no good enough son, you’ll no dae.”
I said “FFS mate, give the lad a chance, they’re not all Barry Fergusons at that age.”
He replied “Don’t care, a Rangers player needs to do better, immediately not later.”
That’s the attitude a young player has to face and it is not a good attitude there is nothing good about it.
Unfortunately, it is not uncommon.
Absolutely spot on , plenty have turned on mccausland aswell totally forgetting he was injured and tried to play thru it

Boy looks good very forward thinking and drives forward could have been doing with him over barasic since the ridvan injury. Can’t say i have seen him much before the odd game here and there for the B team but on his showing tonight he is an able deputy.
I thought he done very well, looks to have a bit of pace and tough in a tackle. He looks a very good prospect.

I’ll keep my feet on the ground, but first impressions were very favourable, the look on Bornas face on the bench was scary. :eek:

We should be using our academy for squad players instead of squandering money on rubbish that either never play or seem to be injured as soon as they walk into/in the door

I was hoping he'd get a loan but if we sign a LB who's legs aren't made out of glass I'd be happy to have him and them fighting for the spot. Our youth hasn't produced much but from what I've seen I rate him.

Back