Roofe

Ten Ton Tony

At full time, the squad did their lap round the pitch. Roofe broke off from the rest of the squad at the full time whistle and immediately started his own lap round by himself. He'd finished and was away up the tunnel by the time the rest of the squad had reached the first stand. Thought it was a bit odd.

Given he cost £4m and was on £35k a week for four years, he has to be one of our worst value signings in recent history:

Great player, but a waste of time in his last two seasons. Dessers gets stick but he’s had to play 90 mins almost every game since the winter break due to this fraud.

Given he cost £4m and was on £35k a week for four years, he has to be one of our worst value signings in recent history:

Great player, but a waste of time in his last two seasons. Dessers gets stick but he’s had to play 90 mins almost every game since the winter break due to this fraud.

Given the money he earned us with his goal in Betis and his winner against Braga en route to Seville among other decent contributions, I'd say Roofes value for money worked out OK.

He can look on his contribution to 55 with pride.

But for two years he’s been a shadow of himself.

It’s insane that as recently as last Saturday we’ve had people clamouring for him to start over Dessers.

Desperate times.

He’s done and has been for some time.

Thanks for the memories and good luck.

He seems quite emotional tonight.

Just posted to his story 'last time walking by Mr Versace room' (whatever that means).

You seriously think most of his injuries with up us have been due to him challenging for balls he shouldn’t do?

Wow
I am seriously saying there are some balls and tackles that are less than 50/50 that he still goes for that if he didn't he would have less injuries than he does for us or anyone else! He is an intelligent footballer with his runs and eye for goal that would be more effective don't you think? Probably not?

At full time, the squad did their lap round the pitch. Roofe broke off from the rest of the squad at the full time whistle and immediately started his own lap round by himself. He'd finished and was away up the tunnel by the time the rest of the squad had reached the first stand. Thought it was a bit odd.
Not fit enough to do the full lap tonight so just done the west side of the pitch solo .

Hoping to have to lift a Cup in ten days so has to be careful

Last edited:
Was just coming on to post this too.

I don't know the dynamics of the squad when it comes to who are close and who don't like each other but for me roofe looked like a complete weirdo who wanted nothing to do with his team mates.

It was a shocking look and that kind of behaviour is terrible for a squad's morale and camaraderie.

I want rid of him even more than I already did for being a permanently injured wage thief.

Good riddance.
What a completely heartless and nasty thing to say.

Watching him showing his appreciation and giving what seemed to be a very heartfelt goodbye ,alone and away from the rest of the team, I found quite moving.

He has never, from my recollection, let the team nor club down.

You can't control your health and his is obviously an issue, particularly in a career where your health is everything.

I personally hope you (or indeed any member of your family) never suffer from ill health.

But should you ever do, then I would like to think that you'd never have to endure such repulsive, ignorant and retarded comments such as those you have posted on here tonight.

Back