RTV Video playback.

Shengus Malengus

Anyone having trouble trying to play videos or is the problem all at my end?

I'm trying to watch the entire Hearts game and when I click the play button only the top half of the screen becomes visible, rendering it unwatchable.

Somebody please tell me it's an RTV problem and not my longstanding ineptitude.

Fire TV Stick? See post #2, point j. Be warned, it’s a pain in the arse but it is ‘fixable’.

This is from the great Bumper RTV thread.

Took me 45 minutes to get the Hearts game on by which time I'd missed the goal and most of the first half. Was not happy at that amount of hassle at 2am. Normally it's not too bad but this season has been getting worse and worse. The year after 55 was the best, decent commentator, pre match discussion, half time and full time analysis. Was actually professional. Not any more.

RTV is getting worse week by week. It really is becoming a sub-standard product.

The Hearts match at the weekend went live for me with seconds to spare before kick off at the weekend. Some people on Twitter saying they missed the first 20 minutes. The app no longer works for live matches. It’s pathetic. Email support don’t bother getting back to you (yes I know you have to reply again to the first email they send you)

@Greg Marshall are the club planning any improvements for RTV?

It’s a lifeline for overseas bears like myself, but for the annual costs it’s pathetic, wondering week to week if you’ll be able to see the match or not.

Took me 45 minutes to get the Hearts game on by which time I'd missed the goal and most of the first half. Was not happy at that amount of hassle at 2am. Normally it's not too bad but this season has been getting worse and worse. The year after 55 was the best, decent commentator, pre match discussion, half time and full time analysis. Was actually professional. Not any more.
Same problem! It took me 37 minutes before I could access the game. 2nd half was fine. This is not the first time since January I’ve had issues with RTV. Couldn’t access the Ross County game, for example. Shut out from the entire game. I’ve written to RTV via the generic form on the Rangers website. Let’s see if I get an answer.

The more that complain they at least need to improve the service.

RTV is getting worse week by week. It really is becoming a sub-standard product.

The Hearts match at the weekend went live for me with seconds to spare before kick off at the weekend. Some people on Twitter saying they missed the first 20 minutes. The app no longer works for live matches. It’s pathetic. Email support don’t bother getting back to you (yes I know you have to reply again to the first email they send you)

@Greg Marshall are the club planning any improvements for RTV?

It’s a lifeline for overseas bears like myself, but for the annual costs it’s pathetic, wondering week to week if you’ll be able to see the match or not.

Glad I'm not the only one. I don't even bother flagging to them when it does mess up as they inevitably ignore the e-mail.

Mine has been working perfectly. Think I've had two problems over the past five years or so.

There are updates happening, but it should be noted that the service is outsourced. They use Stream AMG, one of the big players.

The challenge for using streaming services is minimizing variables, because there is so much that can affect things. Especially for the non-technical it's easy to lump things into the works-or-shit category when it's infinitely more complex.

Always worthwhile using ValleyBluenose's thread for things to check.

Last edited:
Mine has been working perfectly. Think I've had two problems over the past five years or so.

There are updates happening, but it should be noted that the service is outsourced. They use Stream AMG, one of the big players.

The challenge for using streaming services is minimizing variables, because there is so much that can affect things. Especially for the non-technical it's easy to lump things into the works-or-shit category when it's infinitely more complex.

Always worthwhile using ValleyBluenose's thread for things to check.

Where did you get that information from that RTV is getting updated?

Where did you get that information from that RTV is getting updated?
I think its an assumption - probably a correct one - based on the Minutes of the last FAB. The assumption being that the new website/App upgrades will include RangersTV being part of the web upgrade and consolidated App.

A new Club website and App will launch in the Summer alongside a new content strategy. The new App will bring together existing Apps and will provide a means to communicate with our wider fanbase.

Back