Sam Lammers - Eredivisie Player of the month

Hopefully there's interest from bigger clubs in Holland, because I doubt Utrecht could afford him. We could end up making a small profit on him, or at the very least our money back. Which is a big win, considering how bad he was here and how much the fanbase turned on him.

Seeing a lot of posts in recent weeks about him possibly coming back into the fold next season, delusional. Especially after the way the fanbase ruthlessly went after him on social media and at times when he was on the pitch. We obliterated his confidence. He's not built to play for Rangers, he let the crowd and the pressure bury him, despite not getting it as bad Dessers. No slight against him, some people just aren't built to play in that environment.

I suspect Clement might want to give him a 2nd chance in pre-season playing as a striker.

Unless a bid comes in that we can't refuse before then of course.

Clement will want his transfer fee ASAP. He literally couldn't get him out of the door quick enough
This is why I knew Clement was defending the players recently after Ross County and Dundee and wasn't overly worried about what he said, he defended Lammers quite a bit (and a few posters on here used that to defend his abysmal performances) then pretty much booted him out the door the moment the transfer window opened.

I suspect Clement might want to give him a 2nd chance in pre-season playing as a striker.

Unless a bid comes in that we can't refuse before then of course.

I don't think you're correct in that assessment.

I think Clement noticed right away, that the fans weren't having Lammers and that he was the wrong fit at Ibrox. Don't think it's a coincidence that he was one of only two players who were shipped out in January, Cifuentes wasn't buying in to the club or the country and Lammers looked lost. Clement tried to get his Ibrox career to take off, even praising him publicly, but the fans weren't buying in or even giving the benefit of the doubt.

Well done Sam - good news for all involved! Hopefully he'll get a move in the summer to a decent club over there, we'll get a few quid back for him, wish him well for the future.

I don't think you're correct in that assessment.

I think Clement noticed right away, that the fans weren't having Lammers and that he was the wrong fit at Ibrox. Don't think it's a coincidence that he was one of only two players who were shipped out in January, Cifuentes wasn't buying in to the club or the country and Lammers looked lost. Clement tried to get his Ibrox career to take off, even praising him publicly, but the fans weren't buying in or even giving the benefit of the doubt.

Clement doesn't strike me as the type of guy who makes his decisions based on the fans sentiment.

The performances Lammers is putting in over in Holland doesn't mean he'll come back up here and start tearing it up, but it might just give Clement food for thought to try him in a new position in some friendlies assuming he isn't sold before then.

Personally, I hope we sell him, but who knows what the manager will do.

Incredibly you could now argue that anyone viewing his season would see it as a success and thus be worth more than he was last summer.

This is why I knew Clement was defending the players recently after Ross County and Dundee and wasn't overly worried about what he said, he defended Lammers quite a bit (and a few posters on here used that to defend his abysmal performances) then pretty much booted him out the door the moment the transfer window opened.
Lammers was desperate to leave.

he annoyed me when he was playing with us,he's annoying me even more that he's doing great there,what was his problem at us.

Getting our money back or more is all we want here. Boosts the tranfer kitty for one of Clement's type of strikers.

I thought he’d come good for us, I seem to be the only one. Could have been a Mols
So did I, he even said himself in his unveiling interview he's a number 9 who's here to score goals, yet was played as this weird hybrid number 10/right forward role that's totally alien to him at a new club and league.

The tactical geniuses on here don't give players time or a chance.

So did I, he even said himself in his unveiling interview he's a number 9 who's here to score goals, yet was played as this weird hybrid number 10/right forward role that's totally alien to him at a new club and league.

I do agree with this btw.

But I will say that a good player shows certain things. He didn't.

Delighted. This is the best outcome for all parties. Imagine we made a profit on Lammers, not one single person would have predicted that back in December but it now looks like it could happen.

Dutch League/Utrecht
Historically bad defending league, playing for a middle of the table team, predominantly playing open games.

Scottish League/Rangers
Playing against 10 men behind the ball 75% - 9 men behind the ball 15% - Open game 10%

It might be that he's better suited for the Dutch League. One league does not fit all.

Any bid near what we paid should be snapped up.

I get as well people saying it’s not that bad if we sell on for a small profit. For obvious reasons

Yet the other flip of the coin is we spent a sizeable part of the budget which could have helped us this season. People overlook that.
People aren't overlooking it. If we make a profit on him, we then have that towards this year's budget.

It's a positive thing for all parties involved, why do we have to look back to the decisions of Beale, rather than just enjoy the prospect of making a profit on him and that profit being used to boost the summer transfer budget?

We should sell, but hands up, I judged him playing out of position. He was used wide right in some games and as a 10. On reflection, that’s not Lammer’s fault, that’s on us. He also scored a couple of really good goals and you could see he had ability. Good luck to him, especially of we make a profit.

Lammers has obviously done a great job

Surely we will get good offers from the Dutch teams in the summer

He’s not suited to Scottish football but I hope he attracts a great offer and we can make some money on the player

Great news, when he left I would have taken a 7 figure loss just to get him away.

With the form he's in now we should be starting the bidding at the price we paid for and hopefully making a decent profit.

I think he is actually a very good player and I hope he does really well but it won't be with us. Likeable character but will never be suited to this league.

Such a basic thing so many of our fans just can't seem to work out.

Same with those wanting the manager to publicly call out guys like Lundstram & Barisic at this stage of the season.

Baffling that fans think they know how to handle these situations better than a guy who has played professional football & won league titles.

The Lammers loan move couldn't have worked out any better for us. You'd like to think the recognition of being player of the month should secure healthy interest on him at the end of the season.

He is a decent player. He will shine at Utrecht as he isn't under the same level of scrutiny or pressure. Hopefully we will get our money back for him.

Hopefully there's interest from bigger clubs in Holland, because I doubt Utrecht could afford him. We could end up making a small profit on him, or at the very least our money back. Which is a big win, considering how bad he was here and how much the fanbase turned on him.

Seeing a lot of posts in recent weeks about him possibly coming back into the fold next season, delusional. Especially after the way the fanbase ruthlessly went after him on social media and at times when he was on the pitch. We obliterated his confidence. He's not built to play for Rangers, he let the crowd and the pressure bury him, despite not getting it as bad Dessers. No slight against him, some people just aren't built to play in that environment.
The last team to sign him on a permanent contract was Atalanta who loaned him out the very next year after he scored 2 in 17. They loaned him out three times until we inexplicably paid 3.5 million quid. Atalanta will still be laughing that Beale took him off their hands. If you're right and we get our 3.5 million back or make a small profit based on him scoring 9 times at Utrecht, we've won a watch. A shame Utrecht only have 3 more games left. Realistically, I reckon he'll be loaned out again... tho if we got around 2 million, I'd punt.
For those looking at his recent goal scoring form and thinking he was just not given a chance here in his real position, don't forget he played for Atalanta, Frankfurt, Empoli and Sampdoria right before coming to us and over that spell scored SIX goals total.

He was as weak as piss, never a Rangers player in a million years.

He’s back thriving in a low pressure comfort zone, the only stage he has ever shone on throughout his career. Let’s not re-write history and get back what we can for him.

This.

His attempts to attack a decent cross were truly embarrassing.

C'mon mate, he's probably said the same at the four teams before us, 'I'm a no 9 and here to score goals".

Atalanta 2 goals
Frankfurt 1 goal
Empoli 1 goal
Sampdoria 1 goal

Hardly a statement to be taken serious is it?

Back