Same tactics tomorrow against Ross County ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
They set the bar against the jambos MB will use that as a base line from now on I’d think, we have to perform to that standard at least, and improve game by game, anything below that is unacceptable

Quick pass and move from the first minute and the ball over the top to cause chaos as we did at Tynecastle. ?
Absolutely, that is easily the best we have played this season and no-one can deal with play like that.

Quick pass and move from the first minute and the ball over the top to cause chaos as we did at Tynecastle. ?
There won’t be any balls over the top.
Their low block will put paid to that.
Crisp passing with rhythm pace and movement of the ball from side to side is the key.
More of a grind certainly initially at least likely.

They set the bar against the jambos MB will use that as a base line from now on I’d think, we have to perform to that standard at least, and improve game by game, anything below that is unacceptable
It’s totally different tactics for totally different opponents though.

The ball over the top works against a high pressing, attacking team like Hearts, it won’t work when a team camps on their own 18 yard line.

We will still create load’s tomorrow, I’m sure of it, but we need to start taking more than we have been doing.

County will park the bus they came down the A9 in. What i would like to see is quick interchanging of passes and movement around the box. Pointless just having Tav & Borna firing repeated balls from the wing when its packed with defenders.

Last edited:
As an aside, we can take a lot of encouragement from the number of chances we created against St Johnstone at home, with their keeper being the only reason we didn't score four or five.

They sat in and aimed to make it difficult for the most part.

The quicker we pass it the more space there will be. Wondering around taking 5 or 6 touches is far easier to defend against than two touches and constantly moving.
Not really. Depends on the opponents starting positions and whether we can get them to come out of their shape.

Some sides are very disciplined and won't break their shape for anything. Like Livi in the game with all the crosses at the end of Gios time.

Others will maybe come out a bit and try and play, or will press us a bit, that's when we need to take advantage.

However if they do play like Livi did then we need to keep playing our game and not resort to crosses.

Which should be where Cantwell, Kent and Tillman have too much quality.

The ball over the top works against a high pressing, attacking team like Hearts, it won’t work when a team camps on their own 18 yard line.

We will still create load’s tomorrow, I’m sure of it, but we need to start taking more than we have been doing.

Beale literally said this in one of his interviews. However people either don't bother listening or don't understand what he has to say.

That’s fair, but I think MB would think if we play the way he wants, we should be good enough to bitch slap all the teams in the league bar them probably

As others have said on here County will adopt the anti-football strategy and be content to park the bus tomorrow. We need to inject a a high tempo in our play from the very start tomorrow. Cantwell to start again tomorrow and I would leave Sakala on the bench. The only danger I see from County is from any set pieces as they are quite a physical team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back