Saturday Games - ECH Final Day - La Liga & Eredivise Titles Sealed?

For the realists among the support, our league challenge died with the losses to ross c and motherwell as well as the draw at dundee. Dreadful performances in those games have cost us big time.

Miracles do happen but it will take extraordinary results in the remaining games to go our way which looks unlikely at the moment.

Let’s not bother playing the remaining games and just give them the trophy today……that would suit the usual suspects on here :rolleyes:

“supporters” throwing in the towel, unreal
Supporters venting a bit on a forum should have no influence on our players though. The players threw in the towel v ross county and dundee. I dont think its outrageous to think we have blown it and it would take a bit of a miracle for us to win it now.

For the realists among the support, our league challenge died with the losses to ross c and motherwell as well as the draw at dundee. Dreadful performances in those games have cost us big time.

Miracles do happen but it will take extraordinary results in the remaining games to go our way which looks unlikely at the moment.

Why do fans keep saying this. ?

We've had an entire season to win or drop points.

I've always said that we'll need to play almost a perfect season to win the title, such as the constraints we play under in the SPFL.

We are where we are. If by some miracle we beat them next week it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think they will drop another 2 at Killie. Points dropped with both of us usually come in scenarios like these.

But the experts on here were assuring us all season that it wouldn't come down to GD when some of us were banging on about going for more goals rather than just seeing games out.
It still probably won’t come down to goal difference. So the experts were probably right.

So do we just pretend we didn't go back to our old ways when we were under pressure?
I think that playing an extra 10 games a season or so with weaker squad depth explains it better.

That goes to recruitment, which we've got a lot more wrong than right since the end of the 55 season.

The Ross County and Dundee results have done for us and we were woeful for the most part in the semi final and at Paisley. The players do not inspire confidence at all.

Hearts have done their bit against that mob this season.

The one team you can't complain about.

100%, I don't understand why but people seem to get very angry when Celtic win at home against a team like Hearts. Its totally expected, Hearts winning at Celtic park earlier in the season was the shock, not Celtic winning comfortably today

Plus Hearts have taken 6 points from Celtic this season, we've taken 1.

Last edited:
Let’s not bother playing the remaining games and just give them the trophy today……that would suit the usual suspects on here :rolleyes:

“supporters” throwing in the towel, unreal

Aye, us all walking about saying no surrender to each other is going to stop us going to the piggery and shitting the bed again isn't it.

Or someone who has seen us do the same stuff through the years ?

It doesn't make anyone less of a supporter if they have no faith in this team to do what is needed.
In fact I'd say it's probably someone who has watched us for years and has seen this scenario time and time again.
Is exactly what I mean. We've given our trust in this lot how many times to see the same outcome time and again. They've shown nothing since the capitulations against the mighty Ross County and Dundee that it's ever going to change. It won't ever change until we rip it up,like we had to seasons back

Thread scattered with the ‘win all 6 and the leagues ours’ posters as well

Whilst ignoring the body of evidence that we’ve seen for years.

Just need ‘panty wetters’ for the full house
Absolutely wild that these people still exist in the face of the quite clear and often repeated evidence that this team of losers churn out.

Perhaps not. But the continual year after year accepting of mediocrity certainly doesn't help.
If your definition of accepting mediocrity is not being better than a team who is comfortably capable of outspending you while you play twice as many European games as they do then fair enough.

giphy.gif

Well done to whoever did this to the thread ffs.

There is nothing wrong with being a realist.

The league was gone when we went in 2-0 at HT against them a few weeks ago. The wheels predictably fell off after that. Just like it always does.

I find posts saying we are still in it just as mental as you do seeing posts saying it’s done.
As soon as people start saying "If we beat them and team x gets points and team y does this and team z does..." it's over.

We lost it at Dundee and Ross County. The players threw in the towel and a lot of them should be thrown out of the club as a result.

Back