Saturday Games - ECH Final Day - La Liga & Eredivise Titles Sealed?

Clancy must be called out after that first half he should never be able to get away with giving that freekick when there wasn’t a hearts player anywhere near them! Then to watch that last dive from kyogo and not book him is plain and simple cheating

While I agree about the pressure he will be under if he doesn't beat them, he is managing with one hand tied behind his back this season.

A complete mess of a transfer window and no real funds coming in to rectify this in January.

And what funds are we going to have to rectify it in the summer.

That streak of piss Clancy booked Shankland for nothing then warned Hearts players for holding at a corner while ignoring at the other end.

Eerily similar to the Beale situation this time last year.

Correct.

While I agree about the pressure he will be under if he doesn't beat them, he is managing with one hand tied behind his back this season.

A complete mess of a transfer window and no real funds coming in to rectify this in January.

I agree but it doesn't matter. Whether it's fair or whether he's firefighting(and he is) doesn't change it. We kidded ourselves that when Gio got his own team or when Beale did likewise then it would be different. We all like Clement but he needs the credibility of beating them to stick on his CV.

No Rangers manager is going their first full year and a potential first five games against Celtic without victory and not coming under pressure.

He needs to beat them this season. It's non negotiable.

There is nothing wrong with being a realist.

The league was gone when we went in 2-0 at HT against them a few weeks ago. The wheels predictably fell off after that. Just like it always does.

I find posts saying we are still in it just as mental as you do seeing posts saying it’s done.

Absolutely, football always gives you hope and it is 'kinda' fun to still be in with a shout of the league. I hate being negative though but we all knew as soon as that final whistle went at Ross County we had effed it.

Clancy must be called out after that first half he should never be able to get away with giving that freekick when there wasn’t a hearts player anywhere near them! Then to watch that last dive from kyogo and not book him is plain and simple cheating
Nothing will ever happen

Correct.

I agree but it doesn't matter. Whether it's fair or whether he's firefighting(and he is) doesn't change it. We kidded ourselves that when Gio got his own team or when Beale did likewise then it would be different. We all like Clement but he needs the credibility of beating them to stick on his CV.

No Rangers manager is going their first full year and a potential first five games against Celtic without victory and not coming under pressure.

He needs to beat them this season. It's non negotiable.
He will.. We'll win the final

The only recorded penalty for a headknock in more than 100 years of Scottish football. That penalty from the two awarded for them that night won them 3 points in a game they should have lost.
"dignified silence" and all that :cool:

three games against them where we've been screwed - maybe not the penalty in the 2nd but they should have been down to at least 9 with a comptent referee, the sheep game where they are 1-0 up and the scum player should have been sent off. We have completely messed up games I will agree like the Ross County and Dundee ones but if you go back to and look at the season, we've been done out of a lot of points and they've gained them when they shouldn't have

our board obviously are fine with 2nd place where it's obvious the fans aren't

The Scottish media will be joking and laughing about it.

Crazy Kevin, just what is he like. ? :rolleyes:

He needs to beat them either next week or in the final.

He can't go into next season with no wins in his first 4 games against them.

League Cup in the bag or not, he cannot start next season under that sort of pressue especially with the first OF at their dump.
Gio and Beale couldn’t beat them anywhere near regularly enough. Clement simply can’t be the same

Irrespective of who ultimately wins the league, he simply needs to beat them in 90min out of the league game or cup final. Understand the cups all about lifting the trophy but it would be similar to Gio semi final and it would mean major pressure at Parkhead next season

60million for the mentally challengeds and no automatic qualification if we win the league next season. Fantastic.
Don’t want to derail the match thread but 60m is ridiculous, it’s nowhere near that. 16m for qualifying, .5m for a draw and 1.8m for a win (they won’t get much). 1m for finishing outside the top 16. The historical performance cash which they normally get 10m from is dropping drastically, down to just a few million. Packages for 4 games but we always get told policing costs negates a lot of this. It’ll be a few million more than usual but you’d only get near 60m if you performed well and made later stages. Bigger leagues also get a bigger share of the payout.

I've said it before. I can't wait for automatic CL qualification to end in Scotland.

I want to see both us and them try and qualify by our own merits and navigation of the early rounds.

I don't see them ever qualifying, tbh.
Especially when our efforts in Europe have benefitted them.

Back