Scotland squad - right backs

Tierney has started the last few games for Sociedad, they’ll stick him out there
The whole system is about getting Tierney and Robertson in and it works well. I don't think that will be scrapped at this stage just to avoid playing someone like Ralston.

James Tavernier is eligible for Scotland due to residency. But the SFA, FAW, FIA and FA entered a "gentlemen's agreement" not to take each other's players using residency. Which is wild considering that it only really benefits England as any player good enough will play for the other 3 NT would get a call up, England the only one who would have players good enough for the others but not themselves.

The agreement needs binned when you consider the amount of players that Germany, Portugal, Spain and Italy give passports too

Ridiculous Scotland can't use the same advantage

Will qualify in 3rd, I reckon.

Edit: Scotland are 4/5 to qualify from group A, think that’s a good bet to be honest - think they’ll beat hungry and draw with the Swiss. Might be enough for 2nd, but would definitely see them through in 3rd.
Wouldn't be so confident they will beat Hungary in current form and with the injuries they have especially if they take a thrashing in the first game.

Wouldn't be so confident they will beat Hungary in current form and with the injuries they have especially if they take a thrashing in the first game.
Getting the Germans first game isn’t great is it? They will be wanting to start the tournament with a bang and you can easily see a 4/5-0 doing in Munich imo.

These Euros are going to be a long slog for Scotland.

Must be good odds on on zero points and zero goals.
Last time we went in with a pathetic ‘just happy to be here’ mindset and I had actually thought we’d have done better this time round.

Unfortunately, could be quite an experience.

Has Tav lived here long enough to be classed as Scottish? Remember the Amo thing in one of the papers years ago

Has Tav lived here long enough to be classed as Scottish? Remember the Amo thing in one of the papers years ago
No UK countries have a gentleman's agreement in place to stop this kind of thing. He would need a Scottish grandparent.

Reckon Clarke will delay naming his squad until after England to see if we can entice the likes of Livramento and Elliot Anderson in.
England squad is today.

I suspect if any of the Newcastle players were in with a shout we'd have heard by now, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Livramento and Barnes especially would make a big difference.

England squad is today.

I suspect if any of the Newcastle players were in with a shout we'd have heard by now, but I'd love to be proven wrong. Livramento and Barnes especially would make a big difference.
I don't see why Barnes wouldn't be interested in playing for Scotland. He's never going to get in for England. Livramento is different because he is young and has a higher ceiling.

Ross McCrorie could be in with a shout, played rwb all season and played well. For me I would play tierney out at rwb.

Ralston is a cert and I think Johnston will definitely be in the provisional squad announced tomorrow so that Clarke can have a look at him. It took him too long, but Clarke seems to finally understand that he can't play O'Donnell so I only see him going to Germany as an absolute last option.

Harrison Ashby was capped by Scotland up to u21 level. Could potentially look at him for the squad?

Back