Scott Carson - medals.

kalvin Phillips didn’t get a medal as he never made 5 appearances for city this season (only made 4) so you can only assume you can probably remove most of those medals from the list. He might have been part of the playing squad, but he never got medals.

He'll probably break the record for oldest professional keeper, taking it away from that Iranian guy that got subbed on at 70. Just needs to bide his time until Ederson's youngest boy has to go off with a head knock and he's shooty in.

Can anyone confirm this is correct?
I thought you had to play a certain amount of games to win league medals?
Not having a go at the guy or Manchester City, just curious if the rules have changed?
Not as such, the winning team get 40 medals to give out to players/staff as they see fit as long as every player who has made at least 5 appearances gets one.

He's got at least a champions league medal. And the only minutes he's played in the champions league were 2022, so obviously just needs to be part of the squad.

0_GettyImages-1497507047.jpg

Can anyone confirm this is correct?
I thought you had to play a certain amount of games to win league medals?
Not having a go at the guy or Manchester City, just curious if the rules have changed?
I'm sure clubs just get a certain amount of medals to dish out.

Although i did hear Drury say Philips only had needed 1 more appearance for Man City, wouldn't be like a commentator to get something wrong mind you

I'm sure clubs just get a certain amount of medals to dish out.

Although i did hear Drury say Philips only had needed 1 more appearance for Man City, wouldn't be like a commentator to get something wrong mind you
You get one automatically for a certain amount of games. The club can also get extra for certain people. I’m sure Scott Carson would get one as he’s highly valued as helping prep the goalkeepers etc. what Andy firth was to us.

Liverpool had them made for the players who never made the number to recive them from the league,also did the same for players who played in the early rounds of all cup they won

The thing is Pep is no mug and won’t have a guy hanging around for no reason - he obviously sees value in him being around the squad somewhere. Fair play to him, coining it in for probably being a good guy keeping others grounded etc.

The thing is Pep is no mug and won’t have a guy hanging around for no reason - he obviously sees value in him being around the squad somewhere. Fair play to him, coining it in for probably being a good guy keeping others grounded etc.
Don't overdo it mate, If Rangers were Man City then McGregor would still be our 3rd pick

Was on the bench for his 2 champions league medals so perfectly entitled to get one.Dont know how many times he's been on the bench in league games but again if he was ,why not get a medal?

Didn’t they have Richard Wright perform this task before?

Smart use of maximising your Home Grown CL slots.

They get 40 medals to give out and only 29 players have featured in 5 or more games. Carson apparently always gets one. As will Guardiola. Don’t know who gets the remaining 9. Kalvin Phillips? The Assistant Manager?

People acting like he gets paid for free. He quite obviously has a role within the squad to assist the other goalkeepers.

It's a cushy number for sure but he is obviously seen to have value.

The guy is living the fucking dream fair play to him. Imagine waking up every morning and getting to do what you love, surrounded by some of the best players on the planet at a state of the art training ground and collecting a hefty wage for it all!

He's the glorified goalkeeper coach to be fair, its just handy that he's still fit enough to play and therefore fill the English squad quota

People acting like he gets paid for free. He quite obviously has a role within the squad to assist the other goalkeepers.

It's a cushy number for sure but he is obviously seen to have value.
City’s 3rd keeper same as he was when he got a CL medal as Liverpool’s third keeper, low wages , experienced and a fantastic personality around the squad apparently

Didn’t they have Richard Wright perform this task before?

Smart use of maximising your Home Grown CL slots.
He did the third keeper role for a while and is still at the club as the guy who shoots at the keepers/the assistant to the assistant goalie coach , Pep calls him El Cockroach as they can’t get rid of him

Back