Scott McMann - Free Transfer

phone-toss-kob.gif

Potential cheap and solid option for left back/CB cover. Just been released by Dundee Hibernian. Apparently Rangers daft and would walk over broken glass to sign for us. Strong, athletic, good going forward and can defend. Dundee Hibs fans seem to rate him and he's been a big part of their promotion. Might not fit the player trading model at 27 but free transfer, Scottish and low risk as cover for Yilmaz. This might be the type of deal we could be doing with such a massive turnover of players likely

Typical of FF to write off Scottish players.

Should be taking a chance on low risk players like this.

People going off their nut about how the team have been embarrassed against Celtic again, the amount of dross in the side and the utter garbage recruitment.

I know the answer. Let’s sign an OOC Defender from Dundee Utd.

I like to put myself forward a free transfer, I'll play anywhere bar keeper, never played any level above Schoolboy football, pretty old and unfit but I promise I try and boot any many opposition players as possible. If I get a Red Card I'll make sure the other player goes off on a stretcher.

The snobbery about Scottish players on FF never fails me. We need decent Scottish players and he could be an addition to the squad.

The same ones who mock were the ones absolutely creaming themselves in the summer at Beale's antics or shaking their heads when we signed Aluko.

Never let the masses on FF be a barometer for how good a player is - especially a Scottish one.

This thread has seen FF jump the shark after yesterday.

Time to go to the lounge until next season.

I suggested Scott McMann 5 years ago. He would have been a decent signing then as back up.
We need a core of players who love the club that give everything.
That was back then

Last edited:
Potential cheap and solid option for left back/CB cover. Just been released by Dundee Hibernian. Apparently Rangers daft and would walk over broken glass to sign for us. Strong, athletic, good going forward and can defend. Dundee Hibs fans seem to rate him and he's been a big part of their promotion. Might not fit the player trading model at 27 but free transfer, Scottish and low risk as cover for Yilmaz. This might be the type of deal we could be doing with such a massive turnover of players likely
Jesus wept.

If I'm understanding correctly, Dundee United don't think that the player is good enough to be in their squad in the Premiership, but some people think he is good enough to be in ours. I don't see the logic in that. Just because he's Scottish and a fan doesn't make him good enough.

Also, saying that you don't think this player is good enough doesn't mean that you don't think any Scottish player is good enough.

Good guy is Scott. He got in the championship team of the year this year so very surprised utd releasing him. Strange one.
Rangers a bit above him but wish him all the best in his next move

I suggested Scott McMann 5 years ago. He would have been a decent signing then as back up.
We need a core of players who love the club that give everything.
That was back then
And look at him now, well out of our reach.

First Lewis Ferguson and now Scott McMann.

Tooooooo funny ... love the banter

Don't know this player OP but I had thought that given we could be doing with a budget LB for cover Jack MacKenzie of Aberdeen could be an option
Just don’t know of any of our clubs development LBs that are close enough to be useable so we have to consider a few other options and local low cost guys have to be considered yep

Hang on a minute.Is he better than what we have got? Borna is off and Ridvan is injury prone. There will be better prospects out there but this guy knows what is expected of a Rangers player so, why the Hell not?

Back