Scott Wright

barrowman

I made a joke the other week when Wright emerged from nowhere to start in the must-win Old Firm game, that at least it meant Clement didn't have a headache of deciding who to substitute later in the game, however it got me wondering...has Scott Wright ever actually played a full game for Rangers?

He was a baffling signing at the time, he wasn't completing 90s for Aberdeen when we signed him.

The fact he has continued to be an option is the fault of those in charge of recruitment. He can only turn up when picked and give it his best

We might have to pay him off, just to keep him away from the team.
Nonsense we were getting £500k from Turkey and the EFL last Summer, be the same again.
We've moved on from paying players off for years now, we even took £700k for dross like Declan John

Still got another season with SW too. Cant see anyone taking him from us assuming he's on good wages.
He's on approximately x 10 what Aberdeen were paying him which is why he won't leave until he leaves for nothing having contributed next to nothing.

Scott Wright is a microcosm of the mad way Rangers do business and the resultant crippling effect it has on the ability to do future business in its wake.

Watson, Mayo and Armstrong at Killie would offer more than Jack, Davies and Wright.
The wages we pay needs to start offering more on the pitch, consistently getting it wrong.
Clements only (due to be) permanent signing in Diomande holds well for the summer
I'd honestly sign all three of them. Need Scottish players from somewhere for the European squad but can't keep holding onto players like Jack and Wright. Watson in particular looks a great talent.

Its 2024 and we are still talking about Scott Wright thats the mess our current squad is in theres blame but thats for another day massive job in the summer but i doubt we have the neccessary funds

Please take a fukin day off ya miserable, moaning faced tadger! :)

Every fukin thread - I've never put anyone on ignore, you're leaving no choice.

We've still got a treble to fight for, you can spend your whole summer moaning to your hearts content, if and when it's gone.

Scott Wright is a squad player who always gives 100%.
Is he good enough to be a regular starter for Rangers? Obviously not and he never has been, but he's helped us win trophies and reach the EL final.

Try being a supporter for one day, or just take a fukin day off. You're stinking up every thread with your constant negativity. Edited to add, as are a few others.

Please take a fukin day off ya miserable, moaning faced tadger! :)

Every fukin thread - I've never put anyone on ignore, you're leaving no choice.

We've still got a treble to fight for, you can spend your whole summer moaning to your hearts content, if and when it's gone.

Scott Wright is a squad player who always gives 100%.
Is he good enough to be a regular starter for Rangers? Obviously not and he never has been, but he's helped us win trophies and reach the EL final.

Try being a supporter for one day, or just take a fukin day off. You're stinking up every thread with your constant negativity. Edited to add, as are a few others.
Well said

Still got another season with SW too. Cant see anyone taking him from us assuming he's on good wages.

Still cant get over that airport goodbye message and then he returned like nothing ever happened. I thought he was finally away lol
I thought he was out of contract???? :eek::eek:

I think he would be quite useful as a 2nd striker if we played with 2 which every manager these days seems to dislike. It is pretty pointless asking these guys to play wide when they struggle to go past players and cannot dribble or cross it for the one man thats blocked off and isolated anyway.

He has pace, works hard and is at least always fit to play i would not say hes been a bad signing.

I cannot remember him doing anything of note in any of the games he has played since the winter break. and he has had plenty of minutes.

Nonsense we were getting £500k from Turkey and the EFL last Summer, be the same again.
We've moved on from paying players off for years now, we even took £700k for dross like Declan John
So after a year of barely playing, you think teams will now be paying 500k haha

Hope he gets a decent move in the summer, just one of those guys on small wages who is kept around for his attitude and homegrown status.

The problem for us is that with injuries the last 3 years he's been relied on in some huge games rather than being registered but only playing against the worst teams.

I’d be giving the agent at Trabzonspor a call.
Sadly, he might be sheite at football but he is clearly not daft. He had the chance to go to Turkey, but unlike some, he remembered that getting paid isn’t guaranteed, so came straight back.

For the games he’s played and the goals and assists he’s had it’s probably about right on average for most of the attacking players we’ve had for years now.

He's the most nothing player I've ever seen.

Part of Tavernier's problem in that first half against Celtic (where he was awful himself) was that he had Wright hiding in front of him when he was being pressed and needed an option.

The decision to pick Wright that day changed my view on Clement. I'm not sure how much more a Rangers manager can get it wrong by than picking Wright (and Tom Lawrence) in a must win OF.

So after a year of barely playing, you think teams will now be paying 500k haha
Yip exactly that, Bristol City paid £2m for McCrorie to not play him. There's plenty of money floating around the game, we are not the only masters at being ripped off

I cannot remember him doing anything of note in any of the games he has played since the winter break. and he has had plenty of minutes.

He played well when he came on in the comeback win at Rugby Park.

He's very quick and works hard, but too often takes the wrong option. Not the worst squad player, and he's scored a couple of great goals at Hampden.

Sadly, he might be sheite at football but he is clearly not daft. He had the chance to go to Turkey, but unlike some, he remembered that getting paid isn’t guaranteed, so came straight back.
As the other two will find out. Turkey will be a total fuckup in what’s left of their careers.

I had to laugh.
Without looking and I’m an auld buzzard,
Didn’t he win the cup
Two years ago? You can laugh all you like, because I have actually backed Scott Wright before, many times, and you can check that anytime, but are we really going to lean on what he did two seasons ago, right now? I might be wrong, but remind me, if you can, this season, where he has impacted the course of a game.

I made a joke the other week when Wright emerged from nowhere to start in the must-win Old Firm game, that at least it meant Clement didn't have a headache of deciding who to substitute later in the game, however it got me wondering...has Scott Wright ever actually played a full game for Rangers?
He was pivotal in both legs of europa league semi final , defensively in both games very good and contributed to Glen Kamaras goal

Latest posts

Back