Scottish Women Euro Qualifier V Israel

Womens Euro qualifier......

Israel's visit to Hampden Park to face Scotland in Euro 2025 qualifying on 31 May will be played behind closed doors because of security concerns.

The Scottish FA says the decision was made after its "stadium operations team were alerted to the potential for planned disruptions" at the Group B2 game.

The return women's international, which is scheduled to be played in Hungary on 4 June, is also to be played without fans in the stadium.

The SFA says it had "no option" but to play the Hampden match behind closed doors because of the updated intelligence and "following extensive security consultations with all key parties".

"Measures are in place to provide an automatic and full refund to those supporters who have already purchased tickets for this match," it added.

"We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the decision, but the safety of supporters, players, team staff and officials is of paramount importance."

Scotland are level on points with Serbia at the top of their group after one win and a draw, with Israel bottom after two defeats.

That's quite a sad indictment again on Scotland.

Second time in recent months that's happened to a woman's football match.

Any common denominators.....?

How embarrassing for our nation. A women's game for heavens sake!!! I guess this pretence we have that there is a separation between Football and Politics has gone completely under the Nationalists and the SFA have caved. I guess we aren't all Jock Tamson's Bairns after all!!

You think it's acceptable that a game of football is played bad due to the authorities being unable to police a game of women's football?
If they have intelligence on those disrupting the game then lift them.
Of course it's not acceptable, I wouldn't ludicrously want Scotland to lose against a random mob though.

I care that sports women can't play in front of a crowd in Scotland because the country is bowing to antisemitism. That may not worry you but I think it says more about you tbh
It is? You could have fooled me. Now the country is anti-sematic because theres some bheasty fannies kicking about supporting Palestine? And for that you want Scotland to lose?

Back