Scottish youth cup Final

Impressed with Goalkeeper Munn.
RB Hutton.
Midfield Curtis
" " N'sio
Attack Stevens
Disappointed with Wylie particularly given the hype.
" " the number 8 in midfield Robertson?
History tells us that few will make it with us or even a high level. For those who don't last night at least gives them a great memory to look back on in future years.

thought he got caught out a lot and in the lead up to their goal was asleep

Can't say I enjoyed that too much. Good win obviously and fair play to the goalie but if any of them, on either side, are to make it a then a massive step up is required. Compared to what I used to watch in the younglings growing up it makes me feel a bit sad
Can you give examples of the players you watched who went on to play first team football, as a matter of interest?

Some of those players had really nice touch on the ball, which was one of the best things about watching that game. We could be seeing a few either making at Rangers, or elsewhere, which will be something to look out for in the future.

Derek Johnstone was comfortably the best I seen at youth level who went on the make it
Fucking hell mate, he is the only player we've produced who has won a European trophy. Some benchmark!! Every youth player will fail with that standard regardless of what they achieved with us

Fucking hell mate, he is the only player we've produced who has won a European trophy. Some benchmark!! Every youth player will fail with that standard regardless of what they achieved with us
Indeed, an utterly absurd comparison, and I say that as someone who was at Johnstone's debut in 1970.

the youth team that won the competition when Stevie Smith played in it.had Charlie Adam,Chris Burke,Bob Malcom all in it.
Hard to believe that as Bob Malcolm is considerably older than both Steven Smith and Charlie Adam, as is Chris Burke, but don’t let the facts get in the way of a good story

Last edited:
Back