Season ticket transfer

Sparky the bear

I want to transfer a season ticket I have from my friends son to my son.
It was originally shared between mate's son and mine but mate's son no longer goes
Have contacted rangers by email , got my son a new rangers number and he has joined mygers as requested by Rangers.
Last email stated they would work through transfer requests when they get chance .
I today asked if I should purchase ticket as normal before renewal as If unsuccessful in transfer would I lose
My ticket. Only reply I got was that they were working through requests and would contact me when they get to me.
Not exactly the yes purchase or no wait until we contact you answer I was hoping for.
Has anyone been refused a transfer and lost there season ticket or should I be OK?

My experience of the renewal process this year was that of a total shambles.

No incoming lines to the ticket office and no one responding to emails. Joke

I had the same issue last year so just renewed and waited a couple of months then transferred it over when ticket office was quieter and they sorted it all out.

As said above OP, get it renewed before the deadline or it will be gone.

I assume both of your sons are still kids prices? If so, just renew in the other boys name and then pop into the ticket office once renewals are done and it will be a straightforward change.

For a club the size of ours the webpage is a joke and seems like it was built for a fiver . As I have 2 tickets registered with the same e-mail address if I want to go into my sons I have to go on to ticket purchase page to login as you can enter using the rangers number. If I go through main login and use his password it won't let me in as it doesn't match the email to his rangers number only mine !

I’m transferring mine and was eventually advised by the TO to renew and await them getting through the renewals.

For a club the size of ours the webpage is a joke and seems like it was built for a fiver . As I have 2 tickets registered with the same e-mail address if I want to go into my sons I have to go on to ticket purchase page to login as you can enter using the rangers number. If I go through main login and use his password it won't let me in as it doesn't match the email to his rangers number only mine !
If you’re using the same email address and try to log in using the email address then it’s not going to know whether you’re logging into your account or his. Use the Rangers number to log in to whatever account you want to access

If you’re using the same email address and try to log in using the email address then it’s not going to know whether you’re logging into your account or his. Use the Rangers number to log in to whatever account you want to access
Thanks for the reply. The point I was trying to make is when you go to rangers login on home page it only accepts email not rangers number.
The Only way I can find to use my rangers number is going to ticket sales and logging in through that page.
I just think that for a club with the size of fan base we have getting help or information is pretty hard.
An 80 year old mate of mine is having to travel up to the ticket office to renew his season ticket as he can no longer just phone up and give his card details over the phone like he had been doing for years.

Thanks for the reply. The point I was trying to make is when you go to rangers login on home page it only accepts email not rangers number.
The Only way I can find to use my rangers number is going to ticket sales and logging in through that page.
I just think that for a club with the size of fan base we have getting help or information is pretty hard.
An 80 year old mate of mine is having to travel up to the ticket office to renew his season ticket as he can no longer just phone up and give his card details over the phone like he had been doing for years.
Can you not get your son an email address (if he doesn't already have one)?

We still don't have a single login across all parts of the website. The Tickets bit is independent of your Rangers/RangersTV/MyGers login for example. I have consciously setup all of mine to be the same login credentials but they don't have to be, and won't be for some. Whether they address that, finally, this Summer with the mooted new website remains to be seen.

So an update for anyone interested.
Received a call this evening to say they were happy to transfer the ticket.
They could see I had payed for ticket earlier . I didn't have to and they would reimburse me. They asked how we'd like to pay for ticket in new name etc.
Came off phone chuffed.
An hour later the confirmation emails came through and they have given us a ticket over 100 seats away from our current position. To say I'm sick is an understatement. Is it a typing error as there was no mention on phone about having to move seat.
Looks like I'll have to take time off work and head to ticket office tomorrow and see if it's an error or whether our seat is gone.
Mate was up today and waited in a 2 hr queue!

Same position.

We tried to name transfer my uncles to my sons. Told by TO to do it when renewals opened due to going to a new platform, done that and heard nothing.

Emailed and they said due to the request being in, we didn't need to renew in my uncles name and the name transfer would be dealt with, which didn't sit easy with me. Went into the TO today to make sure just to be told they can't physically check that and told the same as the email.

I said to the guy I was uneasy about losing the season ticket if we didn't renew to which I was told "it should be ok, but if you haven't heard in a couple of weeks that's when to worry" so I got my auntie to renew it today just to be safe.

No idea when they'll get in touch to do it but the name transfer request has been in since the first day of renewals.

Same position.

We tried to name transfer my uncles to my sons. Told by TO to do it when renewals opened due to going to a new platform, done that and heard nothing.

Emailed and they said due to the request being in, we didn't need to renew in my uncles name and the name transfer would be dealt with, which didn't sit easy with me. Went into the TO today to make sure just to be told they can't physically check that and told the same as the email.

I said to the guy I was uneasy about losing the season ticket if we didn't renew to which I was told "it should be ok, but if you haven't heard in a couple of weeks that's when to worry" so I got my auntie to renew it today just to be safe.

No idea when they'll get in touch to do it but the name transfer request has been in since the first day of renewals.

That's a shocking comment for someone to hit you with.

Back