Shankland

Like us the bheggars aren't world beaters , ( nor are Hearts of course ) but we saw the tims struggle against Dolly at Hampden and could / should have been beaten . I think if it's a draw at half time Hearts won't come away with nothing. It goes without saying we 've got to beat Killie on Sunday which I think we will , and the league table could look a bit better going into the OF game at the Piggery. I wouldn't write us off just yet..

Diomande, Cortes and Silva won't have cost nothing. We could easily have afforded Shankland in January. Whether it was the right or wrong call we will find out over the next 3 weeks.
No we couldn't easily have afforded anyone. We couldn't buy Diamonde cause we had zero spare change.so we were never EVER agreeing a deal with Hearts to get him without paying.

Agent Shankland needs to step up again for us today!

Hearts have done these fkers twice already this season. They shouldn't have any fear whatsoever this afternoon.

We obviously couldn't. Hence why Dio was a loan with obligation to buy, there was either no money there for transfers or no way to make it work within the regulations.
No we couldn't easily have afforded anyone. We couldn't buy Diamonde cause we had zero spare change.so we were never EVER agreeing a deal with Hearts to get him without paying.
Regardless if players are loans or loans with obligations to buy when you bring in 3 guys in a window all on big wages it doesn't mean you have no money to spend. People are stuck with an attitude we are still in 2012 and have no money, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Regardless if players are loans or loans with obligations to buy when you bring in 3 guys in a window all on big wages it doesn't mean you have no money to spend. People are stuck with an attitude we are still in 2012 and have no money, it couldn't be further from the truth.

Do you think that Rangers could've afforded to buy Shankland during the last transfer window

2 months since Shankland scored from open play. He's scored 1 penalty during this period.
Well can i be the first to say im absolutely stunned that stats posters have decided to wait about 8 months to get back to telling us the latest stats on Shankland.:)

That's so wrong. We have money monthly for wages but we had no large amounts to actually buy anyone. That's a faxt

Well can i be the first to say im absolutely stunned that stats posters have decided to wait about 8 months to get back to telling us the latest stats on Shankland.:)
Pointing out the last time someone scored isn't exactly advanced stats. Stick to ranting about Sky and Firesticks etc.

Pointing out the last time someone scored isn't exactly advanced stats. Stick to ranting about Sky and Firesticks etc.
I will mate and the refs too.

Have these crucial stats ever said a Scottish player was any use or that a player in a better league was not worth signing ?

Do you think that Rangers could've afforded to buy Shankland during the last transfer window
Yeah I think if we didn't sign Silva and Cortes we would have the funds needed. Transfer fees aren't paid in one payment, even if it was a £5m deal it would be paid over a couple of years. If we had approached Hearts I have no doubt Shankland and his agent would have got a deal done.

Its nothing new really, its similar to the Lewis Ferguson transfer were we have a player who is a Rangers fan and consistently performing in Scotland. The club never even tries to get a deal done and in the same time spends tens of millions on other players while people claim the reason is we couldn't possibly have afforded him. Its an excuse for bad recruitment decisions.

Just when I thought we couldn't get any more out of the Shankland saga, up steps the bold Frank...
I would imagine he was talking absolute nonsense. If that could happen, why wouldn't the Saudis just say to Newcastle, here's £200million, go by some players? Absolute nonsense that it can be done.

Yeah I think if we didn't sign Silva and Cortes we would have the funds needed. Transfer fees aren't paid in one payment, even if it was a £5m deal it would be paid over a couple of years. If we had approached Hearts I have no doubt Shankland and his agent would have got a deal done.

Its nothing new really, its similar to the Lewis Ferguson transfer were we have a player who is a Rangers fan and consistently performing in Scotland. The club never even tries to get a deal done and in the same time spends tens of millions on other players while people claim the reason is we couldn't possibly have afforded him. Its an excuse for bad recruitment decisions.
Why didn't we just buy Diomande there and then instead of a loan with obligation to buy?

If a club offers you an option to defer a deal to the summer than most will take it. Doesn't mean the club has no money for any other transfers.
If that happened then fair enough. Do most clubs offer deferment? What I do know is that we spent a decent amount last Sumner and there are rules as to how much you can spend. I'm going with the latter. You go with the former. Still don't think we could afford the rumoured fee or could do the deal within rules laid out.

It’s absolute ignorance, we just wouldn’t pay what Hearts wanted and it’s cost us big time.

If that happened then fair enough. Do most clubs offer deferment? What I do know is that we spent a decent amount last Sumner and there are rules as to how much you can spend. I'm going with the latter. You go with the former. Still don't think we could afford the rumoured fee or could do the deal within rules laid out.
The UEFA rules for financial fair play for this season are 90% of turnover on player costs. We are nowhere near that limit. People are looking for excuses for why we never went for Shankland and assuming its all down to money.

Its exactly what we have done for about 5 years now, we spend loads on players from abroad or England looking for guys that we think we can turn a profit from while ignoring every stand out player in our own league.

It seems like every game against the scum we all come out and say the same thing.....Do not sit back and let them play, get in there face's and put them under pressure.
I would be more confident if this was at Tynecastle. Having said that, the longer the Watery Farts can keep it 0-0, then the more the orcs will start to get restless and that is the time for Brother Shankland to step up and put them to the sword. Get It Done Watery Farts!

We were the reason they got back into it.
Vickers is still half fit and hasn’t been great since returning from injury their fans have even said.

He was brutal in the cup semi
Vickers came back they started winning again (happened earlier this in the season too). We were infront and they started to grind out a few results to put pressure on us, and looks like it worked. Hopefully we have had our blip and can get this league won somehow

Like us the bheggars aren't world beaters , ( nor are Hearts of course ) but we saw the tims struggle against Dolly at Hampden and could / should have been beaten . I think if it's a draw at half time Hearts won't come away with nothing. It goes without saying we 've got to beat Killie on Sunday which I think we will , and the league table could look a bit better going into the OF game at the Piggery. I wouldn't write us off just yet..

I think we will regret this season for a long time if we don’t win the league. They are as bad as they’ve been since the last time Turkey teeth was in charge. These two losses against Motherwell and Ross county bordered on the criminal.

I got called a Tim for saying CCV is the reason they got back into the title race and top of the league

He improves them but unless he's that good that he can affect Rangers form then he's not the reason for it

VSxm5J7.png

Think this is your reason they are back into it and sit top and saying anything else is just wrong.

Big mistake, was exactly what we needed, especially for you games we dropped points

No point signing him now though, need to look younger option
?
If we signed him in January...what length of contract would he have been given? 3 1/2 years?
Sign him now and it would be 3 years you imagine.

He can't have been young enough for a contract in January and too old just 6 months later!

He should have been signed in January it’s what we needed and crying out for.

Having someone to take chances with the chances created would have stood us in better position.

Don’t think we will sign him now anyways and seems it’s our priority for next season a CF.

He improves them but unless he's that good that he can affect Rangers form then he's not the reason for it

VSxm5J7.png

Think this is your reason they are back into it and sit top and saying anything else is just wrong.

Grim.

Blown it against an average Celtic team and left hoping Hearts & Kilmarnock take even more points off of them because we can’t.

So your plan was to forget the other areas of the team it was felt we needed to bolster and use the combined wages of the three loan players extrapolated to the end of the season to cobble together a fee to stick in front of Hearts that they wouldn’t have been able to refuse in making Shankland our one solitary addition of the window?

Forget that this still doesn’t add up financially or that the manager himself more or less rubbished any possibility of it - or while we’re at it that there’s a distinct possibility Shankland doesn’t fit the profile of the type of player the manager wants, or indeed the wider transfer strategy the club are operating - what you and all the others of a similar mindset are effectively saying then is that 1) the manager is lying, and 2) he’s a mug for not being able to see that Shankland absolutely 100% was the key to us winning the title.

If only the players we have took half the chances we make and the defenders didn't give away stupid very avoidable goals we'd be getting crowned champions tomorrow. Sadly we're not good enough in a very very poor league of piss poor teams

Hearts don’t seem to have rested anyone, so beach mode not yet activated.

They need a point to secure third.
Fucking grim we are having to rely on other teams now after the position we were in.

Looks like they've effectively a full side out, while were like the cast of M*A*S*H

Hearts don’t seem to have rested anyone, so beach mode not yet activated.

They need a point to secure third.
Fucking grim we are having to rely on other teams now after the position we were in.
Maybe being pessimistic but i think the Scum will fo Hearts today.

Back