Shirley Manson in her Brian Laudrup T-Shirt

I'm sure we must have been, saw them play all over the country back in the day. They're playing some gigs this October after taking last year off so I will head along - we've all gotten old and slowed down a bit but the hits still a get a brilliant reaction.

Shirley was always a bit Marmite. Sometimes you'd see her and think nah, but other times she looked like an absolute goddess.
I know you're talking about Goodbye Mr McKenzie but a slight aside. Garbage were, I thought, supporting Noel Gallagher on his US tour last summer - turns out they did alternate nights headlining. Anyway, while I liked Garbage back in the day, I was there for Noel, who was good but the crowd was a bit lukewarm and about 70% capacity. An hour later, Garbage comes on and the crowd, which is full capacity by then, goes mental - Shirley is an amazing front woman, absolutely had the crowd in the palm of her hand. One of the best and loudest gigs I've been to.

Best looking Scottish woman of the last 30 years, regardless of her football allegiances. She is the Queen of Edinburgh rock - and I love her for it.
IMG-8741.jpg

She is celtic daft as far as I know
There is literally nothing to back that up.

She has been reported however as being vehemently against independence , went to an Edinburgh Church of Scotland teaching school , and her own father was her Sunday school teacher.

My guess is the international pop star that is Shirley Manson who has lived in the US most of her career actually doesn’t give a shit about football. But certainly ain’t ‘ Celtic daft’

I don't if she supports or supported Rangers.
She describes God as a Danish footballer, no mention of Rangers.
Celtic fans with any sort of celebrity status can't wait to mention Celtic.

Last edited:

She has been reported however as being vehemently against independence , went to an Edinburgh Church of Scotland teaching school , and her own father was her Sunday school teacher.

My guess is the international pop star that is Shirley Manson who has lived in the US most of her career actually doesn’t give a shit about football. But certainly ain’t ‘ Celtic daft’
Apart from literally quotes from an interview posted earlier in the thread?

Fs.
She turned up for your autograph?
Who are ye?
If only.

Joking aside there’s a book called ‘This is the noise that keeps me awake’ which is about the band. Shirley Manson did a signing at Waterstones in Edinburgh. Me and my mate went then went and up the pubs in Rose street and ended up steaming.

Was a great night

Are you just at the wind up?
Read the thread and quotes.
Unbelievable on here sometimes :D

She was married to a Scottish guy called Eddie Farrell in the late 90s.
That's probably when she turned to the darkside.

My guess would be.

1990s Rangers winning meant she ‘supported’ Rangers. Early 2000s their revival and every arty left wing lovey coming out as ardent Celtic fans she switched to stay part of the in crowd.

Also she’s horrific. Seen better looking woman working in Greggs.

She's starting to look a bit shop worn now, but a terrific front for a very very good band. She's got bags of personality off stage, her interviews with Craig Ferguson on the Late Show a few years ago were an entertaining watch.

My guess would be.

1990s Rangers winning meant she ‘supported’ Rangers. Early 2000s their revival and every arty left wing lovey coming out as ardent Celtic fans she switched to stay part of the in crowd.

Also she’s horrific. Seen better looking woman working in Greggs.
Thank %^*& is not just me!!!

Seems this one has some factuality:

''I want to go back home to Scotland and hang out in the city with my friends and catch a bus and eat some fish and chips wrapped in newspaper and hear some Scottish accents and watch the sea roll up against my garden wall and take a walk upon the cobblestones and watch Celtic play football on a Saturday afternoon (even if they lose)”

Edit: the above is a quote from a 2000 newspaper interview.

Stupid Girl

Rangers fan according to Kerrang

One large poster hangs on the wall of Smart Studios - of the soon-to-be-ex-Glasgow Rangers footballer Brian Laudrup.

"I'll be sad to see him go - he's a fine footballer," reflects Shirley Manson, Glasgow Rangers fan. "Good temperament, great team player and he scores goals. What more can you ask for?... Ooh, and those beautiful, taut, muscular thighs." "This giant poster is actually of his thighs," says Marker. "It's a central location, so we have to look at it too."
Looker

Back