Should we be worried about players with one eye on the exit door.

So was it the players or was it Clement alone at fault?.

Make your mind up

Clement clearly for picking players who aren’t fit, or are out of form and not good enough to get the job done, and also Clement for not having a Plan B

Drop players when they are not performing it’s quite simple. Ditch formations that aren’t working.

From day one he has moaned about lack of fitness and injuries, we’ve probably picked up more injuries since he has come in than before. We’re always managing someone’s minutes, meanwhile them across the city have got players supposedly out for the season back within weeks.

Sunday was the unfittest I’ve seen us for a long time, whose fault is it Tav, Goldson Lundstram look leggy, why can we never take them off or rest them ? Sima doesn’t go from only having 30 mins in him to 90 within a week, same could be said of Dowell. We’ve wrapped Roofe in cotton wool for what at the expense of over using Dessers and Silva.

I have no evidence for this, but it seems like Lundstram has either been told he isn’t getting a new deal or is disillusioned at what’s been offered

I think Silva lost interest when we exited Europe, and I agree Barasic is thinking about his new club

As for the rest, we have too many players who have spent their careers at mid-table clubs. Teams where it is acceptable to drop points

So was it the players or was it Clement alone at fault?.

Make your mind up
Both. That can be the case.

Gaffer has picked the wrong team 2 games in a row. Sima aside against celtic, his subs have been ineffective.

The players are also nowhere near the level required, particularly the defence.

What was Cantwell’s excuse for his 90 mins of hide and seek at the weekend ?

There's been so many 'ups and downs' over recent weeks with the guys we're expecting to compete and challenge being 'well off it', we don't know what performance we're going to get from the team whenever they walk onto the pitch. The way they've played over the last few games has been absolutely dire, after having put a great run together when Philippe Clement came in as Manager.

I think what's shocked everybody is how the form's dipped so quickly, no one expected this to happen. Let's be honest, if they can't 'pull it together' and put up a strong challenge while they still have the possibility of lifting a treble in their own hands, that's unforgivable for a Rangers Team. If that's the outcome, then the problems for Philippe Clement run much deeper than the issues I initially raised. We all know there's going to be quite a few changes regarding players at the end of the season, the next eight games might determine how many changes.

Lundstram simply doesn't have the legs to track runners, and if he plays in the next derby, this will be brutally exposed.

I have gradually moved myself into the camp of not offering him a new deal as he'll be as slow as a week in the jail next season.
He seems to have the legs ‘when it suits him’
He’s a lazy player who occasionally puts some effort in

We're now at the nitty gritty end of the League, after Sunday's capitulation to Ross County, every game in our last six is probably a 'must win' (alongside our hopefully two Scottish Cup Ties). We obviously need every player to get their sleeves up and give 100% if we're to have any chance of success, but in all honesty I am a bit apprehensive of some of the players coming to the end of their contracts. As we all know, Barasic has sorted out his future in Turkey, so if he plays more games is he likely to 'put in' that hard important tackle, or more likely to think twice because he's not going to risk it. John Lundstrum's another, he had a poor start to the season, but improved vastly under PC, but has looked 'off it' the last few games. There's still no definite decision (as far as I know) as to whether he's staying or going, so he's also in the same category as Borna. It's common sense that if his future's still not settled, is he going to 'go into the tackles' as he previously has, or is there going to be a bit more indecisiveness. To have any chance of success, we need our players to fight for the jersey, so should we be looking to give other players (some of the young guys) the opportunity, as we need 'all the team' to be fully committed. Obviously there's other players in this situation, but I was just wondering what others think. I posted on another thread a couple of days ago that at present we don't appear to have the bottle, guile and self-belief to win the six remaining matches, it's not gonnae improve if players have one eye on the 'exit door'.
I would drop the p[layers who are leaving for sure if we can afford to. If they have a contract somewhere else

Too many players look like they’ve handed their notice in at work and just grinding out their notice period with heads and hearts elsewhere.

It is it suspicion at this time, but a number of weeks ago Lundstram was playing like a man trying to earn a new deal. The last few weeks he has been a shadow of that player. I believe it may be due to the fact he has realised that no deal is to be agreed and his mind is now elsewhere. There is absolutely no doubt that we can take a wage of his size and bring in better.

Back