Silva's Celebration

Celebration was ill-advised, if indeed it was intended as most appear to believe, even more so that he was doing it over where the UB are, literally the life support system of our home crowds.

He’s been honking for weeks so deserved his criticism, but today actually played quite well I thought.

If he scores the winner next week though, he can happily make that his new celebration.

Personally I couldn’t care less if he dropped his kegs and flashed his bare arse if it fires him up sufficiently and scores a goal next week against the peados.
Why people are at all offended by a player giving a little back after being the recipient of stick bemuses me.
The one thing you can’t accuse Silva of is not working.
The quality definitely iffy but if we have 3 left wingers out Sima Matondo and Cortes what can we do.

Said this on the match thread.

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!

How about he retrieves the ball and gets the game re-started as, after all, this league might come down to GD.

But, aye, you defend his wanky celebration!

Thank goodness, the likes of him will not be at the club next season. Unfortunately, some of our more forgiving fans will!

oh so scoring against Killie doesn't matter?

yet I've had to watch people go crazy for a bit of Cantwell skill against some other jobbers.

it was a vital goal, they all are now.

but lets rag doll our own players as we face the biggest challenge of the season.
Bang on with your points.

Young player on loan getting all kinds of abuse for weeks.

But how dare he react? He should know his place and take it like a man.

Ffs.

If you’re gonna give him shite, then he’s got the right to give it back. If you’re too soft to accept it then don’t give out in the first place.

The whole run back up the pitch, what a load of pish. The half was done, he would look stupid sprinting up for the ref to whistle the restart and whistle the end of half right after.

If he does score goals over the last few game and we win trophies there will be some all mighty walking back from plenty as usual.

This.

His celebration hasn't bothered me, looks like some people are just looking for something to be raging about. Although, has no one thought the celebration could have been aimed at those pundits who have been giving him stick recently?

there is that as well, but the self entitled see differently.

not an ounce of thought. numero uno all times, every time.

What is wrong with people that they think they can bump their gums about the guy day after day after day. And then get offended when he gives one little thing back after scoring what might turn out to be vitally important goal.

Hes still a kid and a human being. If you’re allowed to act uber petulant and offended, then he can do a wee motion for 5 seconds after scoring.

What is wrong with people that they think they can bump their gums about the guy day after day after day. And then get offended when he gives one little thing back after scoring what might turn out to be vitally important goal.

Hes still a kid and a human being. If you’re allowed to act uber petulant and offended, then he can do a wee motion for 5 seconds after scoring.

This - one or two soy boys in our support with a petted lip because he did a good thing - and let you know he gives a f.

Eat it up

I doubt he gets any grief from the Union Bears, yet he chose to direct his name pointing and mouthing gestures in their direction. Good one, Silva, have a go at a group of fans who generally sing all game rather than voice negative opinions. If he’s getting stick and unhappy about it, up your game and win the fans over.,

The boy must think we should just be grateful for his mere presence.

If he can't see his performances have been utter garbage over the past few weeks then that speaks volumes about his character.

I doubt he gets any grief from the Union Bears, yet he chose to direct his name pointing and mouthing gestures in their direction. Good one, Silva, have a go at a group of fans who generally sing all game rather than voice negative opinions. If he’s getting stick and unhappy about it, up your game and win the fans over.,
In fairness, he did make it clear that he was saying the whole ground were full of shit. :)

He could straight up give us all the wanker sign next week as long as he scores. Who cares about his celebration. He won't be here next season.
Hope he gives the wanker sign next week to everyone in the ground - we won’t be there.

Hope he bears his arse at us at Tynecastle though.

Was that aimed at us?

The circular motion then the yappy finger movement whilst reminding everyone of the name on his back?

If it was, you've got to admire the hubris.
The guy is a dick. More twatoos than career goals and he behaves like that? I’d drop him for the rest of the season. I’d rather stick Yilmaz in front of Barisic or vice versa than play Silva.

The boy must think we should just be grateful for his mere presence.

If he can't see his performances have been utter garbage over the past few weeks then that speaks volumes about his character.
Some leap is that. Young kid probably feels quite down about getting regular abuse - especially when it’ll be every single time he opens his phone. And you’ve got him as having some sort of Emperor Complex.

Yes I would rather no celebration considering where the game was at the time.

You can't call the criticism of him justified and then say people are falling for propaganda pish. That doesn't make any sense.
Hopefully this makes sense MB?

Rolling about deserved justifiable criticism even though this was the 3rd time fouled and given nothing! That should not take anything away from the fact he was fouled! As said previously the real divers were Celtic defenders and their Japanese sub!

Minority falling for the diving narrative more so when he tried to adjust himself from an unexpected pass from Dessers the game after!

Who even says it was directed at the fans in any kind of negative way ffs.

Some of our fans have become absolutely Rangers hating wet wipes.

They talk about the mentality of players when they clearly wouldn't last two minutes themselves getting any kind of stick.

His football ability is anything but rotten heard the same shite about Tillman he’s a young boy fs and played a major role in getting us back in game today plus game against that mob at Ibrox
If anyone thinks that Tillman and Silva are on the same level they need their head examined. Tillman won us games single-handedly when he was here and we stoned out his box when doing it.

Who even says it was directed at the fans in any kind of negative way ffs.

Some of our fans have become absolutely Rangers hating wet wipes.

They talk about the mentality of players when they clearly wouldn't last two minutes themselves getting any kind of stick.

It was literally directed at our fans.

Honestly get him to %^*&.

Turn up here in January, be shit, and then turn up with that celebration.
Yep.
How do these players head work?
Miss easy chances, duff countless passes, lose endless duels and then stick one in and give that celebration to the fans ???
Seriously, what is he thinking?
All I will say to him is: YOU have the honour of playing for the great Glasgow Rangers and sorry to say we do not feel it is an honour that you are playing with us for 5 months. Goodbye.

I’m be back silva. But he can %^*& off back to Wolves now! Prick of a “celebration”!

Like many others in this squad. Way above his station, thinks he’s way better than he is!

This thread has polarised opinion and as usual everything is binary.

He can receive unwarranted abuse from certain people and be out of order for his celebration at the same time.

He can be a disappointing signing and work hard when he's on the park.

He can be fouled and exaggerate the impact of said foul.

Fans can pillory him whilst also hoping he scores against Celtic next week.

If anyone thinks that Tillman and Silva are on the same level they need their head examined. Tillman won us games single-handedly when he was here and we stoned out his box when doing it.
Who said same level ? Fabio Silvas football ability ain’t rotten
Plenty didn’t want Tillman to stay and even said we shouldn’t pay 5m and his performances against that mob were slaughtered

Back