Silva's Celebration

Who even says it was directed at the fans in any kind of negative way ffs.

Some of our fans have become absolutely Rangers hating wet wipes.

They talk about the mentality of players when they clearly wouldn't last two minutes themselves getting any kind of stick.
He pointed at the fans what other way is it to take? %^*& me. Uber fans are why we’re a laughing stock

It was literally directed at our fans.

In what way was it directed at our fans in a negative way? You tell me what he was meaning?

And even if it was, who cares.

"These players can't handle playing at Ibrox they are weak....oh some young Portuguese boy told me, as part of a general crowd of 50,000, to shoosh...quick let's have a group cry."

Cheek to talk about anyone's mentality if you're up in arms about this ffs.

He might have been fouled he was rolling around as if he was shot the guy is a total f anny and has done nothing in his loan spell
Then rightly criticise him for rolling about but defend him over being fouled then and two times not long before this third foul all of which the referee ignored!

No doubt this led to the frustration and embarrassing rolling about antics that had the mentally challenged redefining rolling about as a dive then trying to import those antics to claim he dived at the penalty!

He pointed at the fans what other way is it to take? %^*& me. Uber fans are why we’re a laughing stock
And what's he telling the fans mate? Tell us! You obviously know what he was thinking even though he's done that celebration before?

Who said same level ? Fabio Silvas football ability ain’t rotten
Plenty didn’t want Tillman to stay and even said we shouldn’t pay 5m and his performances against that mob were slaughtered
He isn't rotten. I just think he thinks he is better than he is and needs to find his level. He's not in the same bracket as Tillman. Easy to say now with hindsight I suppose.

Silva actually had one of his better games today. First half he was our only player who looked like he might get a goal. Overall performance was alright.

I've no issues with his celebration.
I agree with most of that VB, he was decent today and that was a great finish but as I’ve said elsewhere, he owes us much more than a goal against 10 man Kilmarnock before he has the right to fire into the fans for callimg out his performances.

He is very lucky to be here given the level he’s at. If Sima and Cortez were fit, he wouldn’t be near the starting eleven in my opinion.

Score a couple and/or drive us to victory against them at the Peadodome then he can pull that shit!

Said this on the match thread.

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!

The criticism of him though, has been entirely merited. That’s the crucial thing.

It’s not like he can feel hard done by.

He’s almost universally disliked the support it has to be said.

I agree with most of that VB, he was decent today and that was a great finish but as I’ve said elsewhere, he owes us much more than a goal against 10 man Kilmarnock before he has the right to fire into the fans for callimg out his performances.

He is very lucky to be here given the level he’s at. If Sima and Cortez were fit, he wouldn’t be near the starting eleven in my opinion.

Score a couple and/or drive us to victory against them at the Peadodome then he can pull that shit!
You're correct regarding his level of performance. No arguments there. Hitting back at the fans, if that's what it was, doesn't bother me in the slightest. He's not the first I've seen do it, not by a long shot, and I doubt he will be the last. All the way back to Cammy Fraser and probably beyond. If folk want to dish it out then they have to be big enough to take it back.

The criticism of him though, has been entirely merited. That’s the crucial thing.

It’s not like he can feel hard done by.

He’s almost universally disliked the support it has to be said.
Says a lot about support then doesn’t it ? While plenty of our support would arse lick your Kenny millers of the world

I think he made himself look like a twat tbh. Scoring a goal to equalise against 10 men Killie is not the time to celebrate, let alone give anything back to the crowd. Kiiiinda shows the mentality, again.

Has he even been on the end of a bit of stick during matches?

Surely he's not coming up with that nonsense after reading online criticism.
He’s not had a fraction of the criticism Dessers has had mate. I’ve a lot of respect for CD for the way he has dealt with it, he’s a strong man. He has lifted his head, worked harder and got on with it. He’s also contributed a lot more than Silva.

That was a bit of a wank thing to do today for a single goal against Kilmarnock. Let’s see what he brings to the team next week! Hopefully a hell of a lot more than the last time he played them!

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!
Score the winner next week and you're a hero for a week at least lol.

fair play to him!

ps still a wank!

Morelos used to put his shhhhh sign up to his critics us included so what is your beef Stevie?

By the way we are not a laughing stock because of Uber fans as you say,vwe are a laughing stock for not challenging match officials and the sfa for many decisions that have cost us millions past few seasons!

Says a lot about support then doesn’t it ? While plenty of our support would arse lick your Kenny millers of the world

What does it say about our support ?

I’m surprised anyone could take to Silva at all.

Some of his antics are embarrassing.

He’s mercifully off soon and we don’t need to pretend otherwise

The problem with the celebration is the mentality Silva's that celebration appears to reflect. If that's how Silva and others in the squad feel about the fans, and especially if they think the odd goal here and there cuts it, that's not a mentality that is unlikely to see us celebrating a title win in a few weeks. There may of course be nothing to it at all, but I'd rather not have seen that. Contrast with Dessers, who has taken no end of abuse but when he scores he is right in there celebrating with the fans. Same today with Davies - a guy who has never been popular and today he gets his goal and just absolutely loved it.

It's good that Silva has the drive to prove his critics wrong, but he needs to accept that one goal to pull us level with Killie doesn't prove anything. It's the same as the celebrating after drawing the Old Firm, Silva was involved there too. And yeah, I accepted the context played a part, the emotions of the comeback and the late equaliser. But I still don't think it showed the right attitude. I'll love it if Silva scores next weekend and another three or four by the end of the season and I'll love it if the team gets us over the line. But I think he got it wrong on this one.

I long for a return to simpler times (not the football though)

When men were men and fans were real fans and didn’t greet about everything, imagine the meltdown on here if Cammy Fraser was giving them the vicky
Ah, 1984, when we hadnt won a league for almost a decade. Halcyon days.

Some fans:
Haw Silva f*CK off ya useless c*nt
Yer f*ckin hopeless ya dick
Stop Rollin about like you've been fuckin shot ya c*nt

Silva:
scores and makes the shut it gesture

Same fans:
How dare he!
Pearls well and truly clutched
Outrage

See if you're big enough to give it out, you're big enough to get it back
Some of our “fans” would get the full Cammy Fraser get it right up ye gesture from me If I got half the abuse Silva gets.

You're correct regarding his level of performance. No arguments there. Hitting back at the fans, if that's what it was, doesn't bother me in the slightest. He's not the first I've seen do it, not by a long shot, and I doubt he will be the last. All the way back to Cammy Fraser and probably beyond. If folk want to dish it out then they have to be big enough to take it back.
Fair enough pal, the Cammy Fraser Vicky reference gave me flashbacks :)) :)) :) Even daft Alfredo and even dafter Josh W liked a ‘shhhh’ after a goal.

The thing about Silva, I’ve not really seen him get anything bad from the stands during games, nothing like Dessers has had to deal with,

I hope he's doing the same celebration on Saturday as he puts us three up.

What does it say about our support ?

I’m surprised anyone could take to Silva at all.

Some of his antics are embarrassing.

He’s mercifully off soon and we don’t need to pretend otherwise
His rolling about was embarrassing but what did I miss SK?

Fans will take to any player if he produces form then go against them when they consistently play out of form that is a given!

Morelos used to put his shhhhh sign up to his critics us included so what is your beef Stevie?

By the way we are not a laughing stock because of Uber fans as you say,vwe are a laughing stock for not challenging match officials and the sfa for many decisions that have cost us millions past few seasons!
Geez peace. Morelos never once shh the Rangers fans. Never.

He’s just not very good, can’t wait to see tbhim back of him in the summer. A very meh player with very little quality.

An absolutely ridiculous celebration considering the stage the game was at.

An equaliser at home against ten men and he hits out with that pish?

Get the ball and get back to centre.
The lack of urgency when goal difference may be a factor was sending me into a rage!

In the second half Ridvan trots over to take a corner and claps the fans for a few seconds!

Get the ball in play and score some more goals! Absolute prima donnas!

The lack of urgency when goal difference may be a factor was sending me into a rage!

In the second half Ridvan trots over to take a corner and claps the fans for a few seconds!

Get the ball in play and score some more goals! Absolute prima donnas!

Get it in the mixer! etc etc

Geez peace. Morelos never once shh the Rangers fans. Never.
Yes he did but I see you didn't question that! So why question this? You sound so angry at Silva what is it you want to happen to him for doing something that you might not even be right about other than in your own mind with your own interpretation?

Back