Silva's Celebration

With Lammers, Dessers and Silva making it quite obvious that they are aware of abuse from the supporters, isn't there are case for at least some reflection among the fan base?

How tough is it actually to come to Ibrox and settle in when a certain percentage of the support doesn't want to give you a chance and just wants to hurl abuse?
Definitely. And Lammers seems to have a level of respect amongst fans for the way he has conducted himself. He probably wouldn't have that same level of respect if he was making childish gestures to the support.

Like any other teenager, he will probably be on social media half of his life. Have seen dozens and dozens of comments from our own fans telling him how shit he is. Besides it clearly not ever going to help bring out the best him in, to them get upset when he bites back is proper mental.
Thanks for clarifying that Growler. I honestly don’t have access to any of the shite online but I can well imagine the bile on there. It’s seems to be a completely different type of .’fan’ you get on these sites.
Complete weirdos, deviants and downright nut jobs claiming to be Rangers fans and I can imagine the sub human fuckwits going after their own players.

If he was responding to abuse from his our fans online, that changes my view to be honest.

I still don’t like that kind of response form a Rangers player, he would be better served to drop that shit and silence the arseholes in our support by playing well and scoring goals. But, as I say, I can understand that reaction from a young player.

Think he's got a lot more to prove and not a lot of time to do it but if it's going to get a performance out of him in the run in then I'll take it.

A big month ahead for him to prove the fans are wrong about him.

Can’t believe there are people defending that celebration at this stage of the season, and after what has went on in recent weeks. Then again, it’s FF.

For Fabio Silva it’s all about…Fabio Silva, and that celebration was very revealing in terms of his attitude (as if we needed a reminder of that). He won’t be missed when he leaves in the summer, that’s for sure.

maybe fans who know %^*& all about football should keep their mouths shut
At least the fans are paying money, this clown is taking money out of our club and giving very little in return. He’s dross and the fact he’s been punted all over Europe says it all.

Anyone who rates Fabio Silva should be banned from attending football stadiums, imo

Massive goal then a massive bellend. Silva is a dick, thinks he is something he is not.

Will be on the Braga bench, in a half empty stadium staring at a rock face soon enough. That’s his level.

Now go and win the League and you can do any celebration you want!!!

Massive goal at an important moment today, but aye his celebration was unsurprisingly about him caring more about himself. Reminded me a wee bit of that diddy josh windlass’s celebration away at Patrick.

At least the fans are paying money, this clown is taking money out of our club and giving very little in return. He’s dross and the fact he’s been punted all over Europe says it all.

Anyone who rates Fabio Silva should be banned from attending football stadiums, imo
How many of the “fans” on here or twitter are paying money? Bet you it’s a small percentage of those commenting who are actually going to games. I never heard anything about his celebration until
I got back from the game

He should do a Cantwell. Thump the badge and argue with Sutton and people will think he’s outstanding.

I genuinely thought it was regarding the Rodgers stuff yesterday and that they had discussed it in the dressing room about next week being a party.

Didn’t think that he would aim at the support in any way.

I think I still don’t tbh.

In my 40 odd years of being a rangers fan i cant ever remember i player that i disliked more. Add to that hes not very good. I hope to god he proves me wrong massively next Saturday but id be willing to place a very hefty bet he wont

He got punted out the door at the first opportunity and I’ve not seen anyone giving him credit for it. Let’s not rewrite history here mate
We're not. There were at least 2 lengthy threads on here talking about how he done the right thing. They were more than complimentary. Don't know how to find them but you'll need to either believe me or think I'm talking shite. Your call.

We're not. There were at least 2 lengthy threads on here talking about how he done the right thing. They were more than complimentary. Don't know how to find them but you'll need to either believe me or think I'm talking shite. Your call.

Lammers was punted out mate. He didn't leave to do us any kind of favour.

If folk are going to give him pelters, then they should be able to take it back. Conversely, he needs to start producing on a regular basis if he’s going to put his head above the parapet. I feel for the guy in that he’s not playing in his position, he has talent and he’s still young, however time to put up now.

Maybe someone should get him an account set up so he can vent his frustrations on here in this constructive environment...lol

Username: Fabio35 taken??

If he scores a brace or more against them, im more than happy to eat my words on him. Never directed any negativity towards him in the stands but needs to do far more. Peoples opinions on here are just that, opinions and thats what this form is for.

I thought it was a daft idea to be honest, but the reaction to it here is a bit mental to be honest, as is some of the abuse he’s taking.

And I think it’s a daft idea in general, I’m not saying it’s a bad idea just because I know how sensitive some of our support are.

Won’t be pathetic if he does the same next week and it’s the same result.

Agreed though no need for it he has hardly contributed anything but it is what it is. Onto next week.

Glad he scored.

Hes been plsyed out of position and underachieving for weeks.

I'm surprised he keeps getting selected.

He was getting dogs abuse from some of the crowd prior to the goal.

If players want to use criticism from the fans as motivation, I have no problem with that.

The £35m man bundled home the ball against ten man Kilmarnock for his third goal since joining in January. I thought the celebration was pathetic.

The £35m man bundled home the ball against ten man Kilmarnock for his third goal since joining in January. I thought the celebration was pathetic.
It was his 5th goal which is 1 less than Cantwell and in half the minutes.

It’s weird that some players get pelters while others are seen as hero’s despite doing nothing to justify it.

Back