Silva's Celebration

He’s a player who has happily filled in where asked. Gets a lot of shit and at the point he delivers something we need, he reminds fans. The day getting pelters from a support actually improves a player, I’d love to see it. Our treatment of our own players at an absolutely pivotal point in a season is fucking crazed at a minimum.

Next to no one fancies Silva as a player we can depend on.

He did put in good effort today BUT everything went down the right for the majority of the game, let's think about that. The right winger who is a full back (sterling) was better and more effective :)).

He's petulant, publically whinges or looks displeased when subbed, not a great finisher or creator.

After his loan period, good bye Fabio Silva.

so there is a worse player that has told the home fans to shut up after they scored a 3 yard tap in? He’s a disgrace
Ah so you’re moving the goal posts,so he’s not really the worst signing ever.it doesn’t matter if he scored from three yards or Thirty he has every right to celebrate in any way he sees fit.if the sensitive soul’s can’t take a bit back don’t give it out in the first place.

Ah so you’re moving the goal posts,so he’s not really the worst signing ever.it doesn’t matter if he scored from three yards or Thirty he has every right to celebrate in any way he sees fit.if the sensitive soul’s can’t take a bit back don’t give it out in the first place.
If I moved the goalposts dessers would have had a at least a brace against killie !!

what is embarrassing is watching Rangers fans falling over themselves to slag their own players.

I don't care how he does, if begs, cheats or steals us a win next week.

supposing he has to roll over as Carter Vickers falls right into his hoop to get that win I don't care.

I really don't.
I don't mind our players cheating if they're remotely good at it.

This guy proved, both in the scum game and today, that he's a total embarrassment, without the intelligence to play the game in Scotland or keep fans on side. And don't start on the number of stupid freekicks he gives away with his shit either.

Won't bat an eyelid when he's gone.

No angry just think he’s a massive dobber

There's a good few on FF who appear to be perma raging at everything, so apologies if you don't fall into that category :)

He's a bit daft Silva, but he's from a different footballing culture and still only 21. He always gives 100%, which is what we expect and demand.

Nowhere near as bad as some portray him, and he could still have played / play his part in a very successful season.

There's a good few on FF who appear to be perma raging at everything, so apologies if you don't fall into that category :)

He's a bit daft Silva, but he's from a different footballing culture and still only 21. He always gives 100%, which is what we expect and demand.

Nowhere near as bad as some portray him, and he could still have played / play his part in a very successful season.
He’s just very hard to like.. and his antics against killie didn’t make it any easier for me to like him!

At least the fans are paying money, this clown is taking money out of our club and giving very little in return. He’s dross and the fact he’s been punted all over Europe says it all.

Anyone who rates Fabio Silva should be banned from attending football stadiums, imo
To be fair, he's hardly going to hear about the offer from Rangers and say "nah, I'm actually a rotten footballer so I'm just going to retire and leave the thousands of pounds a week on the table".

At the end of the day it's people within our club who have decided to give him a go and the buck should stop with them.

Abusing the lad week in, week out, because we think he should be better than he actually is doesn't help anyone.

Clement obviously rates him so that leaves us with a bit of a dilemma regarding stadium bans.

It seemed a bit odd, to my knowledge Silva, for all he’s been poor, doesn’t actually seem to get much abuse or ever be the focus of fan anger in the way Tav or Goldson are for eg. Odd as it was though, as others have indicated, he could literally pump my maw live on sky as his celebration next week as long as he scores the winner

Silva actually had one of his better games today. First half he was our only player who looked like he might get a goal. Overall performance was alright.

I've no issues with his celebration.
We dish it out on here so have to take a bit back, if he celebrates the same way after the winner next week I will be gorging on humble pie

It was his 5th goal which is 1 less than Cantwell and in half the minutes.

It’s weird that some players get pelters while others are seen as hero’s despite doing nothing to justify it.
Correct he’s gave as much as Cantwell if not more. Quicker both leave, the better for the team

doesn’t mean they have the right to belittle the fan base..
Nor should the fans have the right to relentlessly belittle the player then. If you give it out you have to be able to take it. The number of grown adults who get upset by a guy responding to their 90 minutes of abuse is remarkable. Try that sort of behaviour next time you're in the pub or a shop or on a bus and the person working there doesn't do what to expect and see how it goes.

Was that aimed at us?

The circular motion then the yappy finger movement whilst reminding everyone of the name on his back?

If it was, you've got to admire the hubris.
I would rather him celebrate his goal in that or any other way than not celebrate at all, it’s an entertainment and giving the guy stick for enjoying his moment is borderline ridiculous

Said this on the match thread.

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!
I’ll take it from him when he hasn’t been utter dug Sh1t since he arrived.
Until the point he actually puts in a decent performance for ten minutes he should get on with the game. The petulant, under-achieving loser.

Until the point he actually puts in a decent performance for ten minutes he should get on with the game. The petulant, under-achieving loser.
The boys 21 and your labelling him under achieving loser fs

When we were signing him I thought this could be the guy to lift us a level, a player we can all get behind.
Turns out he’s marmite.

Did he not get us back in the game last time we played them

The boys 21 and your labelling him under achieving loser fs
His mentality makes him that. The evidence is all there. Sent to us to get his career back on track yet had had a handful of moments. Not even a handful of good games. Just moments.

By getting fouled? Have you forgotten the rest of that match?
He’s turned up once in 5 months and that was against Benfica.
I can’t believe folk are defending this charlatan.
Getting fouled you never watched the game did you ?
He’s anything but a charlatan can’t believe folk like you love abusing our own players with made up shite

Getting fouled you never watched the game did you ?
He’s anything but a charlatan can’t believe folk like you love abusing our own players with made up shite
Must have been a different game then. Cause all I seen was a wee guy rolling about the ground when we were chasing to get back in the game.
And for the record, I’m hardly “abusing” our own players. I’m passing a judgement. That judgment is he’s not good enough.

Must have been a different game then. Cause all I seen was a wee guy rolling about the ground when we were chasing to get back in the game.
And for the record, I’m hardly “abusing” our own players. I’m passing a judgement. That judgment is he’s not good enough
Petulant under achieving charlatan loser is abuse
Seen a wee guy rolling about %^*& you definetly never seen the game

if he can’t take criticism from the fans who pay his wages then he should go and he will go back to obscurity

Silva seems like a bit of a fud in all honesty.

Celebration is embarrassing for him really, but I don’t really care. Hope he does it another good few times in last few games if it means he scores more.

Just watched it again. He actually thumps the badge first.

A few people definitely just assuming he meant something that he may well not have. But as usual with these "supporters" it's a pile on and a bit of an echo chamber.

Back