Silva's Celebration

Petulant under achieving charlatan loser is abuse
Seen a wee guy rolling about %^*& you definetly never seen the game
I’ll accept the abuse part of the argument on reflection.
However, can you send me a recording of the match you would like to reference as a fine performance by him. The Old Firm a couple of weeks ago at Ibrox? I’d like to review that. Cause from the Govan Stand he made precious little contribution. Also, if you can provide examples of a good game he had outwith the match you cited and perhaps Benfica away, I’d be happy to correct my current position of him being a waste of a jersey.

How about he retrieves the ball and gets the game re-started as, after all, this league might come down to GD.

But, aye, you defend his wanky celebration!

Thank goodness, the likes of him will not be at the club next season. Unfortunately, some of our more forgiving fans will!
Nail on head m8. Too many forgiving fans on here accepting the unacceptable. I attracted one or two replies yesterday on different threads for saying similar.

Celebration aside, I thought he played well yesterday. He was playing "angry". He will turn it on for the last few games imo as a GIRFUY.

Someone has probably already mentioned it but his goal, technically the most important goal of the game, is the only goal that the team didn't run over to celebrate with him.

Said this on the match thread.

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!
Disagree. He's meant to be with us not wanting to shut us up. He should accept he's been shite and understand the criticism mate. It was an arrogant response. Why not just celebrate with the fans in a nice way rather than being a wee f@nny.

Shock horror football fans criticise a player who's been pish. That's just the way it is. The celebration lacked class just like most of the other stuff Silva does when he's falling about all over the place. He's a tit.

You're not allowed to comment on such a thing on here without being called a wet wipe or being told you're over thinking or getting carried away when it was quite obviously a dig it our fans if you actually look at it. He's on loan, he's arrogant and he doesn't give a monkeys about rangers fans, just cares about his own image.

I think people are getting a wee bit carried away. It's more likely to do with the shite he gets in the media and being called a diver.

Cantwell has celebrated a few times with the shoosh finger at his mouth but nobody got all offended.
Didn't look like that mate. He was staring directly at his own fans doing a yap yap yap expression with his hands.

This.

His celebration hasn't bothered me, looks like some people are just looking for something to be raging about. Although, has no one thought the celebration could have been aimed at those pundits who have been giving him stick recently?
Exactly, it could as easily be interpreted to be aimed at the noise in the media as anything else.

The lad played well in that game, his forward running with the ball on the left flank opened up a lot of space elsewhere for others to exploit.

Said this on the match thread.

Player receives dogs abuse from all quarters, including his own fans, has a go back.

How fucking dare he, does he not know this will rile up the staunch offended of FF?!
Agree mate , if he hadn't scored when he did I am certain the boos were ready to be unleashed at halftime, so much for being patient with the team. It's not as if we were not making chances ffs. And if you dish it out you got to take it back imo

How about he retrieves the ball and gets the game re-started as, after all, this league might come down to GD.

But, aye, you defend his wanky celebration!

Thank goodness, the likes of him will not be at the club next season. Unfortunately, some of our more forgiving fans will!
It was almost on the Stroke of half time mate . Unlikely to grab another goal before whistle. You sound like your raging because you didnae get to boo the team off

It was almost on the Stroke of half time mate . Unlikely to grab another goal before whistle. You sound like your raging because you didnae get to boo the team off

Neither Silva, you or I knew the ref was going to blow his whistle for HT straight after kick off and as the late great Brian Clough once uttered - ‘it only takes a second to score a goal’.

But aye, I hope you enjoyed the ‘celebration’ and, BTW, I’d see someone about that projection thing you’ve got going on :)

Nor should the fans have the right to relentlessly belittle the player then. If you give it out you have to be able to take it. The number of grown adults who get upset by a guy responding to their 90 minutes of abuse is remarkable. Try that sort of behaviour next time you're in the pub or a shop or on a bus and the person working there doesn't do what to expect and see how it goes.

I sit in the West Enclosure and remember an Old Firm years ago during Lennon's first spell in charge of Celtic and some of our fans close to the dugout were giving him absolute dog's abuse for the whole of the first half; I mean proper, would-get-you-jailed-these-days abuse, non stop. As the teams are going back up the tunnel for half time Lennon makes the the cupped-hand-to-ear "I can't hear you" gesture, and the same fans that were spewing dog's abuse at him for 45 mins then started shouting to the police and demanding something was done about Lennon's gesture. Utter zoomers with a level of entitlement matched only by their level of lack of self awareness.

I personally like a bit of friction between players and fans.
I’m old enough to remember Cammy Fraser giving a section of the fans a good old “V” sign way back at Ibrox.
These are a humans after all, if he plays angry and keeps scoring he’ll do me.
I got a feeling he’s got a goal in him at Parkhead, he knows he’s got 4 games left with us.
I can see him giving no f.ucks at Parkhead with all the abuse and taunts he’ll get from the mutants.
I can see him getting booked for his goal celebration, I can also see lots of humble pie being eaten on here if he comes up with the winner.
I personally wouldn’t start him but I suspect Clement will start with him.
Go on Silva keep on playing angry and keep scoring

Some of these guys think the whole show is about them.

Taking digs at the folk laying your wages when you’ve done hee haw. Delusional to say the least.

I could understand it if he scored a hat trick against the poets. But ffs his 4th goal in about 20 games? Aye awesome silva

Neither Silva, you or I knew the ref was going to blow his whistle for HT straight after kick off and as the late great Brian Clough once uttered - ‘it only takes a second to score a goal’.

But aye, I hope you enjoyed the ‘celebration’ and, BTW, I’d see someone about that projection thing you’ve got going on :)
Am baffled..... not even got DVD player never mind a projector..... ?

Noticed him and McCausland switched sides towards the end of the game. Think he’ll try him on the right on Saturday if matondo/sima are available?

Disagree. He's meant to be with us not wanting to shut us up. He should accept he's been shite and understand the criticism mate. It was an arrogant response. Why not just celebrate with the fans in a nice way rather than being a wee f@nny.

Shock horror football fans criticise a player who's been pish. That's just the way it is. The celebration lacked class just like most of the other stuff Silva does when he's falling about all over the place. He's a tit.

You're not allowed to comment on such a thing on here without being called a wet wipe or being told you're over thinking or getting carried away when it was quite obviously a dig it our fans if you actually look at it. He's on loan, he's arrogant and he doesn't give a monkeys about rangers fans, just cares about his own image.
'He's meant to be with us'. Isn't that a two way street? Aren't we meant to be with him too? The guy's histrionics against Celtic were embarrassing and the loan hasn't really worked out for him or us, but however many questions there are about his ability, I think he's always put a shift in. If people are big enough to dish out the verbals - and some of the vitriol dished out to our own players is a disgrace - then they should be big enough to take a wee bit back. And that's all it was.

I sit in the West Enclosure and remember an Old Firm years ago during Lennon's first spell in charge of Celtic and some of our fans close to the dugout were giving him absolute dog's abuse for the whole of the first half; I mean proper, would-get-you-jailed-these-days abuse, non stop. As the teams are going back up the tunnel for half time Lennon makes the the cupped-hand-to-ear "I can't hear you" gesture, and the same fans that were spewing dog's abuse at him for 45 mins then started shouting to the police and demanding something was done about Lennon's gesture. Utter zoomers with a level of entitlement matched only by their level of lack of self awareness.
Part of problem in society just now

Hurty words and all that don't give it if you can't take it back

The rise of social media, the cost to go to the games etc people think they own the players as well and can say and do what they want and expect them to do it

Footballers are extremely well paid but they most don't really live the life people think after they give up the game most still live like they were earning the same as they were when playing and generally they don't a lot lose the money or struggle later in life.

But they get intense pressure for 10/15 years then nothing in most cases

I don't mind players giving it back to fans as long as it is channelled in the right way and they use it to motivate themselves. 2-3 half decent performances in 20ish games tells me that this isn't the case though.

He has not played well for us but I am not sure he is a left winger. Always looked better when moving into the middle of the penalty area.
Will not be with us next season but he is a Rangers player and any wearing our colours should get support when not playing well which might just be better than a lot of abuse.

What’s all this abuse that Silva is getting apparently ? Not been hearing him get booed or cheered off when he’s subbed, doesn’t get it any worse than other players. Gets it tight online but that shouldn’t affect him.

It reminded me of Windass and Morelos doing it against Ayr or Partick Thiatle in an abject season.

Not very bright. Even if not particularly offensive either.
It reminded us that he’s a human being.
He’s not powered by an Intel Core processor.
It’s not Championship Manager either.
I liked it, I need him to show he gives a f.uck.
He’s got 4 games left and we’ll never see him again.
Support the crazy man with all we’ve got.
Good goal against Kilmarnock by the way, came at a great time.
Let’s see him rip Celtc a new one on Saturday.
He knows that this is the game that he’ll be judged by.
“Cometh the hour cometh the man”

I hope it didn’t go unnoticed by the manager. Proper managers aren’t very tolerant of that kind of thing when you’ve not got the previous to back it up. Remember Jordan Jones going a bit OTT with a celebration at Fir Park a few seasons ago and Gerrard swiftly dropped him none too impressed.

Personally really didn't like it, not because of the intention as I don't really think it was malicious, more because it's an insight into the mindset, more worried about what people are saying about him than the result

What’s all this abuse that Silva is getting apparently ? Not been hearing him get booed or cheered off when he’s subbed, doesn’t get it any worse than other players. Gets it tight online but that shouldn’t affect him.

Mate, quick one, can you explain that last sentence?

I imagine it’s easier to not be affected by abuse at a match than it is being abused online. One is 90 minutes a week, the other is probably about 50 hours a week.

Mate, quick one, can you explain that last sentence?

I imagine it’s easier to not be affected by abuse at a match than it is being abused online. One is 90 minutes a week, the other is probably about 50 hours a week.
Yes I Mean people posting for example on this site criticising his performance shouldn’t affect him that much that he’s letting it bother him. Is there many players in the team that don’t get criticism. It’s part of being a footballer if you underperform. Fans will criticise your performance and so will the media. If he’s getting some sort of personal abusive messages on social media that’s different obviously and I wouldn’t condone it on anyone. Is that what’s happening to him ?

It reminded us that he’s a human being.
He’s not powered by an Intel Core processor.
It’s not Championship Manager either.
I liked it, I need him to show he gives a f.uck.
He’s got 4 games left and we’ll never see him again.
Support the crazy man with all we’ve got.
Good goal against Kilmarnock by the way, came at a great time.
Let’s see him rip Celtc a new one on Saturday.
He knows that this is the game that he’ll be judged by.
“Cometh the hour cometh the man”
What's the tune of that song you've just written?

Back