Sima Danilo Cortez

Remember we are judging Dessers over the full season and it’s not unusual for players to take a while to settle. If we judge him from Clements time it’s a different story. Now he has scored in key games in Europe, cup semi finals, equalled Alfie’s record against the scum and if he had taken penalties with Tavs conversion rate (an average 75% conversion rate) he’d be on 30 goals a season in a very poor side. We as a support continue to write off new signings after a season while sticking by guys who have let us down over multiple seasons. Danilo also signed as our star signing last season and for injuries didn’t get a chance to show. Surely our limited transfer budget should go on those players around them and give them a year to prove themselves before we write off £10m of signings?

The jury is well and truly still out on Danilo. I wasn’t overly impressed with him before his injury. Didn’t look like the ‘finisher’ that we are looking for.
And for 6 million is that money well spent?
Like I just stated on another post, that is not the players fault.
He is and only is, doing his best.
100% endeavor, but unfortunately I don't see his ability matching anywhere near his endeavor.
But that's my opinion, and the expectation is on me.

I really.dont see the negativity with Danilo. Poor guys been out for literally the whole season with a smashed face and then a serious knee injury. He may never be the same again,which is possible, but to say he's not good enough is not informed. We do need 2 strikers but I'd be keeping Dessers and Danilo next season plus 2 more.

Dessers is not and never will be the answer
I'm sorry but that's my honest opinion
I was abroad when we played Kilmarnock and watched the game with guys from all different countries, one actually played professionally, they were in stitches watching him
I support him when im at the games, smashing guy with a cracking attitude but if anyone thinks he's the answer then god help us

Are you forgetting that our number 9 has 22 goals and 8 assists this season?
His first season at the club under some pretty tough circumstances at times. If we had goals from midfield and the wings then we would've had more than enough to win the league. Our goals coming from 3 players this season (1 was injured for half of it) is what killed us.

Also folk throwing Danilo in as a first pick is just weird given how we've seen relatively little from him in his time here.
22 goals or not you don’t genuinely watch Rangers every week and think Dessers is a first choice number 9? If we had a first choice striker and Dessers off the bench / backup he wouldn’t get anywhere near the amount of stick he does.

Agree with the Danilo comment, impossible to make a decision on whether he’s good enough or not based off the little we’ve seen of him so far. He’s also had his face smashed and had to play with a mask aswell when fit.

Dessers is an odd one, occasionally looks like he’s playing in treacle and that’s why we can’t and don’t trust him. Danilo, just haven’t seen enough but feels similar. Quite a stretch to get him back fully fit for August.

I’m relieved that there’s no mention of the one player I can’t bear to hear mentioned as a first team option, Matondo, genuinely the poorest player at the basics I’ve ever seen at our club, including the early 80s and the lower league years! I know most of the fan base have realised he’s rubbish but there are still, unbelievablyy, a handful who think he offers something positive.
Had this same debate with someone on here when I said he was a terrible footballer. As bad technically as anyone I’ve ever seen in a Rangers jersey.

I sometimes wonder if Danilo would make a better number 10 than number 9. I also wonder if i’m going full Mick Beale

Danilo has played about a dozen games and half of them were under Beale ffs, fucking insane to write off a £5m signing like that
Correct the lads not had a proper run. We need to give some players a chance without the dross they’ve been playing alongside.

Remember we are judging Dessers over the full season and it’s not unusual for players to take a while to settle. If we judge him from Clements time it’s a different story. Now he has scored in key games in Europe, cup semi finals, equalled Alfie’s record against the scum and if he had taken penalties with Tavs conversion rate (an average 75% conversion rate) he’d be on 30 goals a season in a very poor side. We as a support continue to write off new signings after a season while sticking by guys who have let us down over multiple seasons. Danilo also signed as our star signing last season and for injuries didn’t get a chance to show. Surely our limited transfer budget should go on those players around them and give them a year to prove themselves before we write off £10m of signings?
It was EXACTLY the same with ally and big mark imagine if the club had listened to the potential peps lol

Danilo is average at best. Who knows how he returns from injury?

Sima. £7m for a player that’s been plagued by injury since leaving Slavia Prague. If we spend that sort of money on him we are off our head.

Cortès looked decent. Nothing more nothing less. Potential there. Again picked up an injury.

Three players that have missed long spells of a season through injury. In Sima’s cases that’s now happened at Stoke, Angers and Rangers.

Wonder if Danilo will continue to wear the mask, is it common for players to keep it for the rest of their career?

Back