Sima Is Training Individually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sima is absolutely worth the risk. He's our best player on form and the only forward with pace on the break which we need

And this might sound crass, but if he exacerbates his injury, he's not our player so its not our problem. Our only focus is winning this league & so should his be
He might be our best player and our best chance of he plays anywhere near what he is capable

I dunno a guy who hasn't played can be described as our best player on form.

I would play him from the start if you are sure of even half an hour.

I would try that. But it’s too an important game. I’ve always thought that Tav should be pushed further forward to wreak havoc in the opposition penalty box rather than ours….
PC can't play him knowing odd job roasts him every time and also stops him going forward, the beast will rightly target that flank

Hopefully big Phil goes with Sima and takes out Silva and potentially Cantwell for this one. The emotions will be running high and having two players that can be easily wound up, especially off a baying mob like theirs, could have a negative effect on the game for us.

It seems quite simple for me to be honest. Play Sima on the left, and it’s a straight choice between Sterling and MacCausland on the right for width and to attack their full backs with pace and trickery.

Sima can be effective out left if he’s allowed to run at that runt Johnston.

If he goes with wee Ross, then realistically he should be going for the straight 3 in the middle, match them man for man. Sterling, Dio and Lundstram. Go for them hard.

Hopefully big Phil goes with Sima and takes out Silva and potentially Cantwell for this one. The emotions will be running high and having two players that can be easily wound up, especially off a baying mob like theirs, could have a negative effect on the game for us.

It seems quite simple for me to be honest. Play Sima on the left, and it’s a straight choice between Sterling and MacCausland on the right for width and to attack their full backs with pace and trickery.

If he goes with wee Ross, then realistically he should be going for the straight 3 in the middle, match them man for man. Sterling, Dio and Lundstram. Go for them hard.
We really need a midfield of Lundstram, Diomande and Sterling, anything else and we are fecked, we can't start with Cantwell or Lawrence in the midfield.

We should solidify the midfield with Sterling, Dio and Lundstram and then have an out ball. That needs pace and is why Matondo (or Sima) should be in contention.

We don’t need another game of Cantwell or Lawrence chasing shadows.

Maybe if we don't send them out with the intention of chasing people and ask them to play football, the thing they do best, that would help.

I don't think we should make big changes for this one - we need to win, and as such let's just back ourselves to do it. I accept that it could happen, that's just my preference.

What I absolutely don't want to see is a repeat of the Tillman/Cantwell/Lawrence role being one that is to "nullify" their deepest lying midfielder. If we want to go that way, don't play a primarily creative player in a destructive role. Go all in or not at all.

Don't get the clamour for Sima unless it is as a striker in place of Desssers.

He's best central where he doesn't have to think about controlling the ball, he just has a go, unlike 5 touch Deessers.
The clamour probably comes from his 16 goals and 2 assists (including his goal against them last time out) this season.

Almost all of which came from him playing out wide.

Id be delighted, but amazed, were sima to be involved. But, that being said, im a huge fan of the old cliche:

If you’re fit enough for the bench, you’re fit enough to start.

Even if its only 45 mins. Let him tire and torture greig taylor etc then put on matondo of fit to finish the job.

My pals da saw him at the lights today in traffic and rolled down the window to ask if he was playing at the weekend he said no hopefully the final though

Just telling you what I was told my pal wouldn’t a made that up randomly in our group chat
Sounds like he’s at it.
Even if this happened, Sima isn’t going to tell your pal the truth either mate he will have been told if he’s to start at the weekend it’s to be kept under wraps.

It was be a huge boost if he was fit to start. Matondo can be useful off the bench, but he’s usually an empty jersey when he starts games.

I would try that. But it’s too an important game. I’ve always thought that Tav should be pushed further forward to wreak havoc in the opposition penalty box rather than ours….
I get what you're saying regarding a big game, but the gaffer's had to use Sterling at left back against the bheast in the past due to injuries & he's done not too badly.

With right back being his "usual, natural" position, surely it wouldn't be too big a risk?

Great post

If we are putting our hope on any one player for this game then we can forget doing anything in it, because we are going to need virtually every player at their best. Hopefully Sima plays, but it does nothing for our chances if the defence doesn't show up, or if our strikers miss chances. If he doesn't make it, it changes nothing really when it comes to the team as a whole.

Just can't see him being available, for no other reason than we don't have that kind of luck.
That's unfortunately spot on.

Even if he does make it our luck never turns out well with guys coming back from injury v them.

Last edited:
Sima is absolutely worth the risk. He's our best player on form and the only forward with pace on the break which we need

And this might sound crass, but if he exacerbates his injury, he's not our player so its not our problem. Our only focus is winning this league & so should his be

Brighton will have a big say in his involvement in the rest of the season.

As if we can just risk him and declare that we weren't bothered anyway and ship him back :D

Brighton will have a big say in his involvement in the rest of the season.

As if we can just risk him and declare that we weren't bothered anyway and ship him back :D
They’d never deal with us again and it’d put off others if we were reckless with their player.

Don't think anyone will know until the line ups are announced. I don't think Clement will confirm anything either way at the presser tomorrow. If he's passed fit then we have start him. We are woefully shortly on quality up top
If Big Phil says anything at all about him tomorrow it will be to rule him out I fear.

I don’t expect to see Sima in the squad this weekend. I’d be delighted to see him fit to start the Cup Final and I think that’s the best we can hope for.

Anyone know if he has any chance on Saturday?

Would be a huge boost for us.
I don't think Clement would have mentioned Sima training if there was no chance at all of him playing. Slim chance maybe but I'd even take a wee 20 minute run out. He runs over the top of Taylor with ease and would have his way with him even more when he's fatigued in the final part of the game.

C'mon Abda, push through that pain barrier big man.

If Big Phil says anything at all about him tomorrow it will be to rule him out I fear.

I don’t expect to see Sima in the squad this weekend. I’d be delighted to see him fit to start the Cup Final and I think that’s the best we can hope for.
What time are the pressers on a Friday?

Nobody knows really and I suspect no-one will know tomorrow.

Best assume he's a no-go and anything different becomes a huge boost.

Last edited:
It’s a risk but a risk worth taking.

If we don’t win this game it’s done, and we increase our chances with him in the team.

Him coming on for 30 when we’re 2-0 down is absolutely pointless.

They’d never deal with us again and it’d put off others if we were reckless with their player.
Likewise a parent club dictating when players can and cannot play will put clubs off loaning players from them.

Brighton loaned him to us for the season, he’s our player and if we need to play him in a league deciding game then we will.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back