Sima Is Training Individually

Status
Not open for further replies.
My fear is that Lunny will play to deep to defend the back line which will leave a big space in front of him in the midfield
If we, the fans, can see this is a problem then it infuriates me that none of our players or coaching staff make it clear to Lundstrum that's he not to drop deep. It just leaves our midfield wide open.

Re Sima we are probably at the point where PC would take the gamble with him in a critical situation which you could argue Saturday now is .

Brighton may have a say mind you .

I’m going to take a wild hike and guess he will start on bench this weekend

Is Sima is 70% fit, he starts, he has too.
If he breaks down after 40 minutes, so be it, but this is do or die on Saturday.
If we go into this game and try to contain them, I might actually need the summer break to calm down.

If he breaks down after 40 minutes, so be it, but this is do or die on Saturday.
If we go into this game and try to contain them, I might actually need the summer break to calm down.
If he's 70% he probably contributes next to nothing, how does that help us?

Build up should be majorly improved to last time if both Davies and Yilmaz start

Raskin in for lundstram would aid this too
I don’t know how anyone could possibly say this based on performances this season. I like Raskin and hope he will come good again but he has lost his way and been poor this season. Whereas Lundstram has been one of our best performers. Mind blowing to suggest Raskin should come in for Lunny. I would bey a significant amount that it won’t even have entered the manager’s thoughts to make that change.

My fear is that Lunny will play to deep to defend the back line which will leave a big space in front of him in the midfield
Souttar and Davies being aggressive with stepping out and positive with their drive to break the lines is HUGE for us, all easier said than done with the pace of Kyogo on the shoulder and Tav against their left winger. Naturally they will drop deeper and as a result Lundstram sits as a 3rd CB by default and our whole shape and press has gone!
Fortune favours the brave, Davies and Souttar on the front foot and aggressive

You say that like it's a negative.

You're literally saying he's a player who can impact a game but frame it as a bad thing. We've been lacking players who can impact a game all season, Silva would love to be getting called "nothing more than an impact player".
Exactly, the glass half empty folk need to give themselves a shake. Game tied with 20 to go, tiredness and nerves kicking in and Matondo comes on...nobody can tell me that isn't a substitution that will give us some hope

Think Brighton may have something to say about that though TC.

They won't want their player being rushed back before he's 100% fit and risking a recurrence of an injury.

Don't really have a contribution to make in this thread other than to say it's absolutely sh*te that he's now been out for basically half the season with injury. We've badly missed his goals.

Brighton will have no say in the matter. He's our player for the season.

They definitely will.

Clement has already said that there was discussions with Brighton, after he went off injured against Hearts in the semi.

They won't want any risk of a recurrence of a serious injury.

They definitely will.

Clement has already said that there was discussions with Brighton, after he went off injured against Hearts in the semi.

They won't want any risk of a recurrence of a serious injury.
Probably discussions of whether he is going back to Brighton for treatment or not.

If we deem him as fit he'll be playing whether Brighton like it or not.

Probably discussions of whether he is going back to Brighton for treatment or not.

If we deem him as fit he'll be playing whether Brighton like it or not.

Doesn't work that way.
We won't rush back a multi million pound player of another club, who has been out for months with a serious injury.

If we bring him back too early and he ends up with a grade 3 or 4 tear, then we will be liable for serious compensation to Brighton.
That would pretty much be medical negligence.

The Brighton medical team will have had access to his recent scans.
That's how it works.

Horrible options tbh.

You can easily make a case for a Gerrard style
4-3-2-1, with Lundstram Diomande and Sterling/Raskin playing centrally, with Cantwell and Lawrence playing narrow behind Dessers.

Tavernier and Yilmaz providing the width.
This. You can’t go there with sterling wide and Silva on the park.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back