Sima Is Training Individually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Having to explain this is tiresome and some of you really need to think a bit further than 'Its pyuuure coz of Scott Wright so it is'

Im no fan of Wright but anyone with even the slightest understanding of football can see he's been entrusted by 4 managers now in a lot of big games. This will likely be because he takes on tactical information well and will work for the team.

Doesn't always work but there's a reason Gerrard, Gio and Clement pick/picked him in more tactical games.
You’ve totally avoided the question as to why he’s consistently subbed at half time of course.

I’m not sure Koppen will go that route. Going by Cortes, I’d say that is a very PSV type signing, young winger from Central/South America looking to be developed, and sold for big money 2 years down the line. Add the names mentioned already, including a player and agent tour, then it looks unlikely. I will also say that a lot of the British names mentioned have been mentioned before, ie McNair, so take that as journalists darts, just chucking another name on another day.
Fingers crossed mate, a lot more value to be had from making signings from Europe and overseas. You look at Ben Davies, cost the guts of 4 million and has barely contributed at all, we could've made 2 well scouted signings from abroad for that money.

Reactions: TQ3
The former, pal. Clement sees him as our best option out there and it would be a shock if he dropped out given he played well last week.

He gave Johnston a hard time in the last game at Ibrox.

Tbh mate, I didn't think Silva tracked back well against Johnston, particularly 1st half.

I actually thought Johnston really tolled against Matondo, just as Taylor did against Sima.

We were definitely at our best with Sima, Dessers and Matondo on together.

Unfortunately, that's unlikely to be an option tomorrow.

It’s not even up for debate, if Matondo is fit he has to play.

The alternative is that we lineup against them again with zero pace in our frontline. Celtic defence sit on the half way line and they can relentless press us with ease.

Some form of pacey threat in behind is absolutely essential.

Why would anyone start Matondo? He's absolutely woeful. Even worse when he starts.

At least as a sub he's had a few bright moments. Starting him would be mental for me.

Matondo has outscored Silva, Sterling, Cortes, McCausland, Roofe, Lawrence and Dowell this season, despite not playing much.

He's only 1 goal behind Cantwell too.

Our left hand side attacking options are dire, so if he was fit, I'd be starting him.
It's a game we have to win after all.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely he will be fit, so it's all hypothetical really.

Matondo has outscored Silva, Sterling, Cortes, McCausland, Roofe, Lawrence and Dowell this season, despite not playing much.

He's only 1 goal behind Cantwell too.

Our left hand side attacking options are dire, so if he was fit, I'd be starting him.
It's a game we have to win after all.

Unfortunately, it's unlikely he will be fit, so it's all hypothetical really.
Cortes, Dowell and Roofe have hardly played much either.

You can't really use them as comparisons such is their lack of game time.

Cortes, Dowell and Roofe have hardly played much either.

You can't really use them as comparisons such is their lack of game time.

Cortes was really unlucky to pick up the injury when he did, but Dowell and Roofe were deemed fit enough to start at Ross County and Dundee respectively mate

They'd probably be as match fit as Matondo was against Hibs and celtic.

Anyway, it's all hypothetical really, as I doubt Matondo will be fit to start anyway.

Doesn't work that way.
We won't rush back a multi million pound player of another club, who has been out for months with a serious injury.

If we bring him back too early and he ends up with a grade 3 or 4 tear, then we will be liable for serious compensation to Brighton.
That would pretty much be medical negligence.

The Brighton medical team will have had access to his recent scans.
That's how it works.
Complete hyperbole nonsense. Nobody suggested we play him when he's unfit either.

Having to explain this is tiresome and some of you really need to think a bit further than 'Its pyuuure coz of Scott Wright so it is'

Im no fan of Wright but anyone with even the slightest understanding of football can see he's been entrusted by 4 managers now in a lot of big games. This will likely be because he takes on tactical information well and will work for the team.

Doesn't always work but there's a reason Gerrard, Gio and Clement pick/picked him in more tactical games.
Gerrard, Gio and Beale selecting Scott Wright is hardly a strong argument for Wright, is it? One is in Saudi and the other 2 are unemployed.

I can't imagine he'll still be here next season, because Phil can see he clearly doesn't have it.

I’d rather have Sima for the first 45 to get us into the game than the second 45 when we are, once again, chasing the game.
If there is a doubt about anyone influential lasting 90, would rather get a shift out of them at the front end of the game.

The only hope we have is upsetting the pattern of recent games and imposing ourselves upon the first half.

We really can't afford to sign any players going forward with any significant injury history. Entering these big games with 4 or 5 out every single time is just setting ourselves up to fail.

Not getting Sima or Matondo really limits our attacking options

A flukey 0-1 would be awesome but injuries and dropping too many points in last 5 games has cost us

I’d love a win but can’t see it unfortunately

Obviously really disappointing to hear the news about Matondo and Sima, but, I really think this game could suit Sterling out wide.

The guys an absolute machine and if we can isolate him one v one or better yet get the ball in behind Greg Taylor, there’s only one winner in that matchup.

Plus the support he’ll give Tav defensively.

Looks like it will be Silva on the left then, I really don’t like the guy as a person or as a footballer but if he can put a performance in tomorrow, all will be forgiven.

Sickening our fortune with injury could be studied since 55.

I wish this was straight out M. O’Neil’s playbook and both a fit come game day, but I just know we don’t have luck on our side.

I was ever the optimist thinking for whatever reason Sima/Matondo or one of them would make it .

Cannot see anything other than been disappointed again tomorrow.

I genuinely didn't think it could get worse than last season, but this season has proven me wrong.

It's something that needs to be addressed by the club properly.
Phil says he knows the reason and will make sure it doesn’t happen again.

He strikes me as a very professional guy, so I’ll take him at his word. Not sure if he means crap pre season training, having players made of plastic, the condition of our training ground, or a combination of all 3.

Phil says he knows the reason and will make sure it doesn’t happen again.

He strikes me as a very professional guy, so I’ll take him at his word. Not sure if he means crap pre season training, having players made of plastic, the condition of our training ground, or a combination of all 3.
I'm leaning towards the first one (with a sprinkling of the 2nd one) because he said we can't do anything about it now.

If it was anything to do with the training ground, we could use one of the other pitches or even Ibrox if it was that bad.

Highly likely he has condition in his loan deal that he has to play a certain amount, if he goes there and starts his diving and rolling about routine again Clement should haul him off immediately. Was an absolute rid neck at Ibrox from a supposed premier league level player.
Less of a "rid neck" than this post

I would be fine with that. I am not sure you can get make much more out of the squad right now.

Nice and compact in the middle as well, could nullify their mid field three although does compact become narrow and leave Tav overly exposed?

I guess compact or narrow can be overcome if our attitude is correct and we are playing on the front foot. If we have the right amount of fight and want it more the formation becomes less important.
Good to read a post discussing tactical options and not just absolute fear or absolutism ("if x then definitel loss" posts are tedious as they are nonsensical but offer some weird comfort blanket or release of nerves for some)

Players roll around all the time (Furahashi, Maeda, Johnston and Hatate spring to mind) and Scottish Media still praise them for their play - they say it's just clever play, strange how that changes when it is a Rangers player rolling around.
Some weirdly revel in attacking our own vociferously

Id be going 4-3-2-1 because of no wide options. Plsy to the players we have

Butland
Tav souttar balogun/davies yilmaz
Dio Lundstram sterling
Cantwell silva
Dessers

Some weirdly revel in attacking our own vociferously
I understand to a certain extent when people say, we shouldn't do it as we should be good enough to win without antics, but that's fucking nonsense as far as the Old Firm is concerned, do whatever it takes to get the win and ignore the arseholes who moan about stuff that both sets of players do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back