Sima out, Matondo doubtful, Yilmaz to return to training next week

Thought at the time when Matondo had ice strapped to his thigh after coming off against Hearts that we might potentially be seeing out the season with only Silva, Dessers and MacAusland in attack. Is Wright fit? Cold comfort if he is mind you.
And Clement told us him coming off was tactical.

This what we need answers to. Why are our players almost always out for longer than any other teams players, especially our rivals. It’s been going on for too long and is an absolute joke. Folk paying a fortune every season towards the wages for the crocks we sign year in year out.

Did PC not say that they had an idea of what the problem was?

Was there a mention of the training surface or something that was causing the problems?

The Ridvan one is really frustrating. I'm starting to come round to the idea that if we get 4m for him, we take it. I'm a fan of his but we can't go through season after season of him missing 50-60% of our games.

That Ridvan injury has been an utter disaster. What the hell happened to him? It's being downplayed as a knock when he's clearly been fucked for a month.

If we can get a decent offer for Yilmaz in the summer he has to go. Also out wide options are now horrific in all honesty. Very deflating news.

Deflating. Cannot believe Yilmaz was touch and go for OF then this is the current status. Mind blowing. Let’s hope the remainder fo the forwards can find some consistency. It’s really hope more than anything we now have.

Questions really need to be asked about the medical regime at the club, whether as regards recruitment, fitness or diagnosis and treatment of injuries. What's going on doesn't seem normal.

Can't argue with that. It can't be just one single factor but an accumulation, we have clearly recruited players who aren't robust enough, but our diagnosis of, and recovery from injury is really poor. We have been absolutely blighted with muscle injuries all season.

This is grinding me down, no sooner do we get players back, there’s another batch out. It means playing Silva left and McCausland right and Sterling at LB, with little or nothing on the bench :(

Did PC not say that they had an idea of what the problem was?

Was there a mention of the training surface or something that was causing the problems?

He, amazingly, said he knew what the issue was, but then refused to divulge any further. As if saying that won't lead to speculation.

Meanwhile across the city, they are all back fit and firing within a week or so of being declared out for the season.

Correct me if I'm wrong but is it not just the usual daft internet rumours that their players are out for the season that everyone seems to believe.

The same people then get annoyed when said made up internet rumours turn out to be, well, made up?

I've been mega positive throughout this run that maybe there was a chance of sneaking the title, but I fear that's the final nail on the coffin for me. We'll need to win at the Piggery and that lot will need to slip up elsewhere to give us a shot I think.

I've been mega positive throughout this run that maybe there was a chance of sneaking the title, but I fear that's the final nail on the coffin for me. We'll need to win at the Piggery and that lot will need to slip up elsewhere to give us a shot I think.

We've got 2 games before Parkhead that aren't guaranteed wins.

We arnt winning 5 in a row including parkhead with a front 3 of

Matondo/silva
Dessers/roofe
Sterling/mccausland

You could get away with 1 of them maybe

Hopefully sima back for the cup final and ucl qualifers will be vital

Clement having to fight with his hands tied behind his back.

Not much he can do with so many crucial players missing unfortunately.

What a depressing pre match presser. Now looking at Scott wright, silva and dessers as a front 3 or swap macausland with wright.

56 appearances in the league for silva macausland wright this season 3 goals 2 assists. Buzzing for Sunday……….

I dunno. Do we sign players who have no idea that Rangers opponents play us as though every game was a cup final and whose tackles are that bit stronger than they have been used to? That is the only reason I can see as our medical team can’t be to blame every time. Every game it seems that one or more of our players are left writhing about in pain after an over enthusiastic tackle and perhaps they are getting a bit gun shy and don’t want to play until they are really ready.

We are going to struggle winning the league each season due to constantly having a huge injury list. How do you even fix this issue? Every team has injuries to deal with but we seem to have more, for longer periods of the season.

And with the Sima news IMO goes the title

Silva, Macausland, Matondo as our winger options for a title run in is depressing

A serious look at our medical department is required in the summer

Sick to death of this, if we had any luck it’d be bad luck.

Bet if Yilmaz goes to another club he’d do a Helander and play continuously.

You’d think at this critical point in the season players would be falling over each other to play, wait, in our case maybe they did and all got injured in the process.

Unfuckingreal. Huge advantage to the paedos now they have the Japanese whippet back too. Sima is by far our biggest player going into the remaining games and now looking like he could be out for most of what’s left. Absolute f@cking joke. With the position we are in now in the league we really need Sima back to have any chance to challenging the next few weeks. If it didn’t seem ominous enough last week it’s looking pretty dire considering if we managed to claw the points back to match them, we would need a pacey/ruthless forward line to up the goal difference and that’s now gone.

Last edited:
Back