Sima out, Matondo doubtful, Yilmaz to return to training next week

He didn't say next season, he said thank fuk we'll never see him again.

Now you've added next season.

I'm not going to argue with you, you are coming across as very hard, and very angry :)

Have a nice day as, we say over here.
Well forever then.
If he's not here next season we're hardly likely to sign him the year after.
Smartarse.
Wee smart arses make me angry.

When Yilmaz got injured we were told it was nothing to worry about, a week or two and he was 50/50 for the game v them. How many weeks is it now? 6 or thereabouts? I'm sick of this season's never ending tale of woe re injuries. Three seasons of this shit we've had too
Injuries can get away from you, you can get an initial diagnoses, then as you think you're better, you have a niggle you just can't shake.

The problem is it seems that all of our players suffer from this.

Reactions: ao2
Well forever then.
If he's not here next season we're hardly likely to sign him the year after.
Smartarse.
Wee smart arses make me angry.

Agree I'm a smart-arse, but not that wee :)

He's not choosing to be injured. He'll be gutted, probably missing the Euros too.

The last 3 seasons have been a disaster injury wise. We need more robust players, but players get injured, we've been very unlucky.

What is going on?! If they’ve figured out the issue for the constant injuries why aren’t they telling us? Yilmaz overall game might be better but, for all his faults, fitness wise Barasic has been much more reliable.

It's either something completely stupid or incompetent, ie pre season conditioning was a total shambles. Or something so absurdly complex and technical, that it would just cause more confusion or issues than it would clear up.

Utterly depressing obvs listening to the injury lost for the 50000th time but the line about people who were not available enough suddenly being offered a contract if they were great for the remaining games is beyond a calamity.

If he was speaking figuratively then it's bad enough but given Rangers desperate situation he sounded serious.

Not one out of contact player should be retained.

Watching the interview with clement. He doesn’t actually say Sima is out for 2 weeks.

Said he’ll be in contact with Brighton for the next couple of weeks, doesn’t know how early we can expect him back, just hopes it's before the end of the season.

Going to end up worse than 2 weeks

Assume he means he'll be back in full training in a couple of weeks and given he wasn't fully back up to speed from his previous injury, best case scenario will probably be back for last league game, or maybe the cup final. And his parent club may not want us risking that, or of we're buying him, we may not want to risk it.
That makes sense, he could have been clearer and said ‘training in two weeks’ or not conflated the training with playing.

Apropos his parent club not wanting us risking him, tough. He’s our player until the end of the season and if we need to play him then we should.

Our injury problems are the worst I can ever remember. Never seen anything like it before. It's the one area we are consistent.

Thought at the time when Matondo had ice strapped to his thigh after coming off against Hearts that we might potentially be seeing out the season with only Silva, Dessers and MacAusland in attack. Is Wright fit? Cold comfort if he is mind you.
FFS makes it even worse when you see it in black & white.

Absolutely scunnered at the list of injuries and recovery time , it’s not just bad luck , never mind new signings, the most important thing for us is to get to the bottom of this and prevent it reoccurring, be that the training pitches , coaching or physios , ffs get this addressed.

You'll have people along shortly saying all teams experience injuries and that it's just part and parcel of football.
I think it's because with us it's always the good players that get injured so it stands out more, the shite 1s just seem to keep rolling. You could run over Wright with a car and he would probably still be fit for the next game.

Would we pay the asking price for Cortes or Sima now, given their injuries? They have both looked good but the number of games they have missed would make it an expensive gamble.

We can't keep spending cash on players who are sat in the stands.

Maeda was ruled out for the season and he is back already
Not sure that's what Brenda said at all. He said, at a meeting with fans, that he was responding well and 'could' be back soon. I doubt he plays this weekend but it sounds likely he will be back before the OF League match in two weeks.

Apparently Rodgers confirmed it at some speaking event he was at

Exactly, wasn't confirmed by anyone. It seems to happen often with their players. People believe the rumours that their injured player(s) is out for the season etc.

No idea why as its never confirmed anywhere. They then get themselves in some sort of weird rage at our medical team as we have injured players who are not recovering as quickly as their players, even though their player's injury timescales are made up rumours they've decided to believe.

Dr Mark Waller has made such an impact....
We were celebrating him like signing a £40M Juventus midfielder....oh wait an minute
Strength & Conditioning is not the Doctor's remit.

That's between the coaching staff and sports science team.

This season is a damning indictment on the previous regime. Too many don't realise how important a pre season is to a professional player. This is where your levels are built. It's not just about how far you can run either

Matondo & Ridvan need shown the door.

Never able to play more than a couple of games before picking up an injury.

ALL out of contract players need released part from Balogun who deserves a 1 year deal.

Spine of the outfield team needs rebuilt and complemented with quality throughout.
Matondo should be shown the door regardless of injury, he's honking and earning a fortune.

Ridvan just can't keep fit, so has to go. Can't afford to be carrying him when he barely plays.

Don't think Matondos injury record gets enough attention. I still see people defending him saying there's a player there etc. etc.

He's played 1150mins this season and 1145 last season. Equivalent of 25 games in 2 years. Toodalooo man stop wasting everyone's time.

Ridvan the same. Can't keep himself fit. Isn't built for football. Sell him and get the money it doesn't matter how good he may be (and I rate him) if he's never available.

Clement has to be ruthless with these folk and get rid of what seems to be a culture where being on the treatment table for 50% of the season is acceptable.

Ripping the piss out of his team mates and the supporters.

Obviously add the likes of Roofe & Jack to that list as well.

Thought at the time when Matondo had ice strapped to his thigh after coming off against Hearts that we might potentially be seeing out the season with only Silva, Dessers and MacAusland in attack. Is Wright fit? Cold comfort if he is mind you.

Grim reading but Matondo is the worst of the lot for me.

It's incredible the apologists we have on here for the medical staff.

Year after year it gets worse. The diagnosis is usually a knock and out for a couple of weeks

We then don't see them back for months.
Some its down to the players involved as well.
Heres hoping, pre season, medical improvements and losing the crocks pushes us on next season.

Its amazing we are still chasing the treble after Beale and all the injuries and bad buys.

That makes sense, he could have been clearer and said ‘training in two weeks’ or not conflated the training with playing.

Apropos his parent club not wanting us risking him, tough. He’s our player until the end of the season and if we need to play him then we should.
Yes, we could take that approach. On the other hand, if we had a player out on loan that we either wanted to welcome back or cash in on in summer and we asked the club he was on loan to not to rush him back from injury and they told us 'tough', then I'd expect that to be the last loan we gave them. And other clubs looking on may take a similar view. Just watched Clement's presser and he said we were discussing the Sima situation with Brighton, so probably safe to say we're taking their opinions onboard. Looking at the bigger picture, that's probably sensible.

Back