Sima out, Matondo doubtful, Yilmaz to return to training next week

It was just too much for us to ask to have Sima back firing again for the run-in. Our lack of firepower without him is a huge concern.

Add in the ongoing Yilmaz issue, which continues to be a bigger problem in that it’s forcing Clement to play Sterling out of position robbing of us of his strength in midfield, and if we somehow manage to win the title from here it will be a genuine miracle.

When Yilmaz got injured we were told it was nothing to worry about, a week or two and he was 50/50 for the game v them. How many weeks is it now? 6 or thereabouts? I'm sick of this season's never ending tale of woe re injuries. Three seasons of this shit we've had too
It's how it always is with Rangers. It's like the club seem to think we enjoy having false hope.

Reactions: ao2
Ridvan can jog on as well. We need players playing. Sima won't be back. The dosh isn't there, unless Brighton are in a charitable mood.
I notice Big Phil saying they'd been in touch with Brighton about Sima's injury. If they believe we've aggravated matters by giving him too many minutes, too soon - and that's what I think happened - then they may well be a bit pissed off with us anyway.

Another reason I’ll be glad to see the back of this season.

Injury situation has been a joke for a long time and we really need to sort it out, whether that’s looking at the sports science and training regimen or simply stopping employing players that are well known to be injury prone.

Marvin Andrews
John Brown
Barry Ferguson
John Greig
Richard Gough
Yes. I think as well as quality we need to sign players that are a bit more robust. It's a lot of the same faces that are constantly injured. Some just bad luck granted, but there's a few regularly out injured.

Biggest issue is Sima will now not get his full match sharpness this season even if he is back in 2 weeks.

They must paint the worst scenario for their injuries, then announce quick recovery against all the odds , making out their all super human athletes . Either that or its fkn voodoo ,

Sick to death of this, if we had any luck it’d be bad luck.

Bet if Yilmaz goes to another club he’d do a Helander and play continuously.

You’d think at this critical point in the season players would be falling over each other to play, wait, in our case maybe they did and all got injured in the process.
In fairness was Yilmaz not on international duty.

Not ideal but if we can't beat St. Mirren with the remaining squad we deserve nothing from the title race.

Confident we are going to win.

I wouldn’t sign Sima and if an offer came for Yilmaz I’d sell. I rate both so highly but we simply cannot continue with this level of muscle pulls. It’s getting ridiculous now.

Not great. Our wide options are even more of a riot. The thought of Wright getting game time at this stage of the season is horrific.

Yep.

I almost kind of feel sorry for those who still think we can win the league.
I feel sorry for those who dont think we can. We may not in the end, but i couldn’t imagine going to the games thinking they were ultimately meaningless until that was mathematically true or at least as close as. What a miserable waste of time it must be. Lets see how it turns out.

Surely Sterling starts left back then as hes better than barasic. For the rest of the positions we are bare minimum. Concerning.

Surely Sterling starts left back then as hes better than barasic. For the rest of the positions we are bare minimum. Concerning.
No one dislikes Barisic more than me but I think I would play him and out Sterling tight wing or centre mid. I feel left back is sterling’s least effective position

No one dislikes Barisic more than me but I think I would play him and out Sterling tight wing or centre mid. I feel left back is sterling’s least effective position
You’re right he’s not very effective at left back but still decent. He’s better elsewhere.

Just need players with the right mentality starting the remaining games.

If Barasic starts I hope it goes well but a big hope and doesn’t cost goals.

Injuries plus the games against County and Dundee have cost us the league. I know it is still winable but with the team we are left with that is maybe asking too much.
I mwould liked to have kept Sima for next season but not now. We have too many players made of chocolate and it is pointless keeping them. I am not a great fan of Tav or Lundy but at least they can keep playing. Jack and Roofe should both be away and I would add Lawrence to that long with Dowell.
Yilmaz I would like to keep as if we can get him fit he will I feel come good. Danilo I feel sorry for as he is injured putting himself on the line for us and hopefully can come back.
Anyway we can live in hope but it looks like the scum could be way ahead of us with the cash they will spend for next season.
Just maybe those left to see us through will come good at the right time.

On the plus side great to see Ryan Jack back.

Could be the injection of stability the midfield has been crying out for, particularly with the 2 remaining Old Firm games

Clement’s comment about discussing Sima’s situation with Brighton was a bit ominous for the future.

Absolutely unreal our injury record.
Are we just unlucky or is there something else going on here.
In all my years watching Rangers I have never seen such a sustained run of injuries and mostly all to key players.
Every ‘minor’ injury seems to end up a major injury.
Why is it only our players who seem to fall victim to this kind of thing. Doesn’t seem to happen elsewhere.
Are our players injury prone and don’t heal as quickly as they do in other teams, or do we have an overprotective fitness regime in place. Just seems odd and disproportionate compared to other teams.

You’re right he’s not very effective at left back but still decent. He’s better elsewhere.

Just need players with the right mentality starting the remaining games.

If Barasic starts I hope it goes well but a big hope and doesn’t cost goals.
Especially at the cesspit, gives me the absolute fear.

Back