Sima out, Matondo doubtful, Yilmaz to return to training next week

I'd like to see SPL stats for injuries - how many players out, for how long - we must be somewhere near the top. Clement fighting with one hand tied behind his back and still has us in a title race.

We never seem to catch a break with injuries
Not whilst we have incompetent cranks in our medical team we won't.

I'm honestly believing it's sinister now.

Let's not kid ourselves. Rangers are universally hated throughout Scotland. If you are not a Rangers fan you want nothing good to come to the club.

It would be interesting to see how many Rangers fans are on the staff.

Correct. Many of their players seem to return ahead of schedule and bust a gut to get back into the side. We` ve got folk who are 50/50 for fucking weeks. Needs to change. Whether thats a medical dept. investigation or what, i don`t know. Would be great to have a season like 55
, when we weren`t beset by major lengthy injuries to key players.
If they play their headless chicken too soon after a hamstring then he will be out again pronto.
It is also clear that their players do not take the same punishment that others do thanks to protection from officials that is not given to others.

What is the issue with Yilmaz? He's gone from being "in the squad again soon", to now only actually returning to training next week??
I said jokingly 2 weeks ago, Ridvan is turning into the new Rossiter.

Looks like our medical team haven't got a clue. Maybe it's time we had a clear out of our medical team and start hiring the best sport physiotherapy people who've graduated at the top of their class, at the best universities in the world.

The Yilmaz one is a gutter, will be lucky to be back for Old Firm.

The forward planning of going into the season with only an injury prone Yilmaz and Borna to play left back was bonkers and could be the difference between a league title.
Games come down to who scores more than the other team. A decent striker and we're probably out of sight by now.

If they play their headless chicken too soon after a hamstring then he will be out again pronto.
It is also clear that their players do not take the same punishment that others do thanks to protection from officials that is not given to others.
They will take that risk to win the league and it seems their players are prepared to do just that, put everything on the line. Ours just don’t seem prepared to do that.

The worst injury to impact Rangers, and of course the player himself this season was Danilo. He got the compound skull fracture in September 2023 and was out and then later the serious knee injury that will keep him out until the new season at least.

Danilo only got playing 12 games (4 goals) but seemed to be coming on to a game and settling in. His injury may have cost us the the title. Our injuries seem incredulous compared to other teams over the last 40 years.

I just hope Danilo is not another Seb Rosenthal 'type situation' for those who remember the Chilean.

Sima no surprise. Ridvan dragging on. Matondo probably means good news for McCausland. Jack, might eventually get some minutes to say his goodbyes.

Been a never-ending injury nightmare this season.
This season? Been like this for as long as I can remember.

For all the damage Beale done before October to our prospects, if we fall short this season it will have been injuries that done the most damage. The sheer volume, length of time out and later recurrences for the affected players has been unparalleled.

Other than Dessers not a single attacking player in our squad hasn’t spent time in the treatment room. Sima, Matondo, Cortes, Wright, Diomande, Lawrence, McCausland, Cantwell, Matondo, Danilo and Roofe.

How can any team maintain a level of consistency in the face of that?

You're spot on mate.

The Cortes injury really scunnered me which was further compounded by the result against Motherwell on the same day when we got the news pre match.

Only us could sign a guy that straight away looks the real deal then gets injured a matter of weeks after joining. And not just injured either, crocked for the remainder of season. You honestly couldn't write it.

Jack, Roofe, Dowell, Yilmaz. Missed the majority of the season for god knows what. Certainly none of them got wiped out as I remember.
McGregor was back ahead of schedule with a broken face. This wanker Maeda looks to be back sooner. I'm sure Furuhashi has returned quicker than expected. Seems to be a different mentality there. Wee Yilmaz has been 50/50 for ar least a month?

Was Yilmaz not “touch and go” for the Celtic game… 3 weeks ago?

Can’t help but think sima came back too soon

The worst injury to impact Rangers, and of course the player himself this season was Danilo. He got the compound skull fracture in September 2023 and was out and then later the serious knee injury that will keep him out until the new season at least.

Danilo only got playing 12 games (4 goals) but seemed to be coming on to a game and settling in. His injury may have cost us the the title. Our injuries seem incredulous compared to other teams over the last 40 years.

I just hope Danilo is not another Seb Rosenthal 'type situation' for those who remember the Chilean.
I will of course reserve judgement till he gets a run of games but Danilo's first touch and composure in front of goal didn't exactly make me certain that he was the answer.

Back