Since We Need To Chat About Something ... Whats The Best Eleven In Your Lifetime?

I’m 37 could definitely make a case for Butcher in the place of Amo my own dislike of him post Rangers probably coloured his omission.

Also with all the respect I can muster anyone putting Ricksen at RB is doing it out of sentimentality not memory. He had some great seasons for us as a CM but he was brutal at RB.

Goram, Jardine, Numan, Forsyth, Gough, Baxter, Henderson, Russell, Stein, McCoist and Laudrup.

Subs - Klos, Smith, Brown, Johnstone, Cooper, De Boer, Mols

Goram
Stevens Smith(D) Gough Numan
Laudrup Gasgoigne Souness Baxter
Stein McCoist

pleased to see so many folk remember Gary Stevens but what about the immaculate Dave Smith?

Most suggestions have pretty much covered my XI I would likely pick.

Surprised of the lack of Ian Ferguson in the lineups tho.

Would 100 percent pick him in a 22 every time.

Goram
Jardine MacKinnon D.Smith Greig
Laudrup Souness Baxter Cooper
Johnstone McCoist
Subs : Gough Butcher Henderson Gascoigne Durrant Hateley Johnston

Last edited:
Woods

Porrini Gough Butcher Numan

Gazza Durant Souness

Coop. Laudrup
McCoist

Coop and Brian interchanging​

Went for guys that I've actually seen playing regularly. Appreciate there are others from that era, Cooper and Souness being the obvious ones that would get in any team. Think I only seen them nake a couple of sub appearances each, unfortunately.

Goram

Stevens
Gough
Amoruso
Numan

Laudrup
Gascoigne
B. Ferguson
Walters

McCoist
Hateley

Subs:

Woods
Cuellar
Durrant
Van Bronkhorst
Albertz
I. Ferguson
De. Boer

Woods
Porrini Gough Butcher Numan
Cooper Geo Gazza Laudrup
McCoist Alfredo

Porrini ahead of Gary Stevens is a bold one mate? I really liked Porrini btw but I'd probably have him third behind GS and Alan Hutton in the best right backs we've had. (From that time).

In fairness Butcher isnt even in my squad,which will be a minority choice I'd imagine.

Porrini ahead of Gary Stevens is a bold one mate? I really liked Porrini btw but I'd probably have him third behind GS and Alan Hutton in the best right backs we've had. (From that time)
I hard GS and SP neck and neck but went SP Might be because of the Juve team he played for or because he was playing when I was in my teens so remember watching him more. Hard call. Allan Hutton would be 3rd choice but by quite a distance imo.

Porrini ahead of Gary Stevens is a bold one mate? I really liked Porrini btw but I'd probably have him third behind GS and Alan Hutton in the best right backs we've had. (From that time).

In fairness Butcher isnt even in my squad,which will be a minority choice I'd imagine.
HAD edited my team as you posted dropped the Buf and Geo for Durant and Souness 4321

I hard GS and SP neck and neck but went SP Might be because of the Juve team he played for or because he was playing when I was in my teens so remember watching him more. Hard call. Allan Hutton would be 3rd choice but by quite a distance imo.

Aye I think the other two were consistently good and performed at a high level, in just about every game they played. Hutton was outstanding too but, it certainly took him a while to get to that.

Re Butcher
I don’t like the guy but outstanding footballer.

Re Butcher
I don’t like the guy but outstanding footballer.

That's why I couldn't/wouldn't pick him. Being a Rangers legend requires more than just being a good footballer imo. There are a couple on my list that have done things I dont agree with but, not to the levels of that cretin.

Difficult but -

Domestic
Goram
Stevens Amoruso Gough Numan
Steven Gascoigne Gio Laudrup
McCoist Hateley

Europe
Goram
Stevens Amoruso Gough Numan
Steven Souness Gascoigne Gio Laudrup
Hateley

Back