rayrangers

How much money have we got?

We need

1 centre half, maybe 2
A left back
A number 8 and 6 midfielder
Right winger
2 strikers

Given that we have already laid out 4m on Diomande and we may buy Sima or Cortes do some of those positions I don’t see where the money is coming from.

Thoughts?

If January is anything to go by, we will be very active in the loan market again.

Which, to be fair, is pretty self explanatory seeing as we'll need a considerable rebuild with not a lot of expenditure.

We need

1 centre half, maybe 2
A left back
Right winger
2 strikers

Given that we have already laid out 4m on Diomande and we may buy Sima or Cortes do some of those positions I don’t see where the money is coming from.

Thoughts?
I think, going by last year, most of the out of contract folks will be off, and freed up wages bringing in like-for-like upgrades (hopefully).
So 5-6 out and 5-6 in including Diomande, and maybe Cortez.

Probably £12-15 million and anything else from sales and that's being generous.

We will need to use the loan market and hope Koppen has some gems lined up because the rebuild is monumental and there is several high earners who need moved on.

Personally for me I think the rebuild will take several windows and it will take probably £30 million plus to address key issues it's impossible it can be done in one window.

Other than Butland every area for me needs addressed and quality added especially the spine of the team.

The defence and midfield needs completely overhauled and we badly need wide players and strikers who can score goals.

Don't see us getting Sima permanently but a loan would be good same goes for Cortes again that would help things.

Need to offload the likes of Ben Davies and Tom Lawrence at the minimum.

Lundstram and Borna are away and out of contract.

We really could be doing with the likes of Lowry, Rice, Devine, King etc. really making a push for next season as it would reduce an outlay for new signings considerable.

Chances of that are slim though.

We need

1 centre half, maybe 2
A left back
Right winger
2 strikers

Thoughts?
Bosmans. We'll be freeing up a hefty chunk of wages.

We need quality first team replacements and equally as good subs if we are to win any league next season.

It will be a huge rebuild.

We need to have strength in depth, reliability and quality as well as leadership in key areas.

Hope the investors have got their wallets ready because this won’t cost £10-15m either. This is a massive period for the club this summer and it needs to be spot on and to send a message to the rest that this time we won’t let a lead slip or falter at the final hurdle.

We are going to have to take a punt and trust the recruitment yes spend more potentially but get 1 signing spot on could pay for almost all of the summer recruitment in future

I doubt we will sign Sima. Brighton paid £7 million for him and he's probably went up in value. If they send him out on loan next season it will probably be to the Bundesliga/Series A or the likes

We need

1 centre half, maybe 2
A left back
Right winger
2 strikers

Thoughts?
We will need to be good with the out of contract and loan market. The one advantage we have is we could see

Mclaughlin
Mccrorie
Barisic
Goldson
Balogun
King
Devine
Davies
Lundstram
Jack
Raskin
Dowell
Hagi
Cifuentes
Lammers
Lawrence
Wright
Roofe
Silva
Sima

freeing up surely over 350k a week wages easily.

It’s a massive turnover whether we’re champions or not for whatever reason whether it’s contracts, players going back to parent clubs, getting old or simply not being good enough.

This is who in the squad could genuinely all go potentially in the summer btw

McCrorie
McLaughlin
Tavernier
Goldson
Davies
Balogun
Barisic
Lundstram
Jack
Dowell
Lawrence
Sima (Back to Brighton)
Cortes (Back to Lens)
Wright
Silva (Back to Wolves)
Roofe

That’s without also factoring in the fact there could be interest for Butland or Ridvan and also the fact we also have players out loan like Lammers, Hagi and Cifuentes who I’d imagine will all be surplus to requirements.

There’s going to be an even bigger turnover that what we had last summer.

As usual this thread will descend into 15/16 people leaving and 12/13 coming in.

In reality, if we bring in the right 4/5 we are fine.
Heard that pish about being fine in the winter transfer window.
Look where we are now

So your saying we replace the ones leaving and that's it?

Going to be a long season then

Even just all the out of contract and loan players leaving is something like 10 players out the door.

We have huge wastage though so i expect the squad to be in better shape by the end of the summer,l.

We really could be doing with the likes of Lowry, Rice, Devine, King etc. really making a push for next season as it would reduce an outlay for new signings considerable.

Davies Lawrence Matondo Yilmaz(only cause he can't stay fit) Goldson Dowell and probably Tav must be shown the door.

Even just all the out of contract and loan players leaving is something like 10 players out the door.

We have huge wastage though so i expect the squad to be in better shape by the end of the summer,l.
We need to as a support stop turning our noses up at Scottish or spfl based players who are on a fraction of some of our players.

I think realistically Lowry, Devine and King will need to be elsewhere to get games.
Rice I am more hopeful about, but whether that's blind hope I'm not sure.

McLaughlin, Kieran Wright, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Roofe and Lovelace are ooc.
I doubt Lammers, Hagi or Cifuentes have any future with us.
Silva, Sima and Cortes will return to their parent clubs unless a deal can be done for the latter two

Davies, Lawrence, Dowell, Wright, Matondo could all go and we'd barely even notice - IF we can find someone daft enough to pay their wages, far less any transfer fee.

Anyone considering it's not a monumental shit show that Koppen and Clement are dealing with has their head well and truly stuck in the f.ucking Sahara desert.

McLaughlin, Balogun, Barišić, Jack, Roofe and Lundstram leave for starters. There’s 6 already. Add in Sima, Silva and Corteś, 9 out the door.

You try and cash in on Cifuentes, Davies, Raskin, Lammers, Lawrence and Dowell. Not one of them has a career at Rangers past this summer, or shouldn’t and there should be more booted out the door with them.

Ridvan is too injury prone, try and sell. What use is a player that’s played 40 odd games in 100+ matches during his time here?

What a mess. Thank you GvB, Beale and Wilson. An utter shit show of a squad and that’s without mentioning the likes of Morelos and Kent who we lost on a freebie.

Sima at £6m + just isn’t doable when you need yet another overhaul. We’ve also committed to Diomande.

Hopefully get our business done early and give our squad a proper pre season. Our lack of fitness this season had been our downfall. Clement had alluded to it once or twice. You never know, if we get our squad prepared properly in the summer we might see the best of some of the players that have failed to shine. I know there will be the euros to contend with but we dont have many involved.

I think realistically Lowry, Devine and King will need to be elsewhere to get games.
Rice I am more hopeful about, but whether that's blind hope I'm not sure.

McLaughlin, Kieran Wright, Barisic, Jack, Lundstram, Roofe and Lovelace are ooc.
I doubt Lammers, Hagi or Cifuentes have any future with us.
Silva, Sima and Cortes will return to their parent clubs unless a deal can be done for the latter two

Davies, Lawrence, Dowell, Wright, Matondo could all go and we'd barely even notice - IF we can find someone daft enough to pay their wages, far less any transfer fee.

Anyone considering it's not a monumental shit show that Koppen and Clement are dealing with has their head well and truly stuck in the f.ucking Sahara desert.
Quite excited to get these players replaced by Clement\Kippens players tbh.
Looking forward to the summer

Heard that pish about being fine in the winter transfer window.
Look where we are now

So your saying we replace the ones leaving and that's it?

Going to be a long season then
If we replace

Barisic
Davies
Lundstram
Jack
Wright
Roofe
Cifuentes
Lammers

correctly, then yes, we will be fine.

We need to as a support stop turning our noses up at Scottish or spfl based players who are on a fraction of some of our players.
Certainly need a massive rethink re transfers. The money on offer to the likes of Matondo, Davies, Lawrence is beyond a fukin joke. Any other plc you'd be under serious scrutiny for sanctioning such waste.

I think we need 4 in who are not squad fillers but starters. That is assuming we buy Cortes

A centre back
A number 6
A right sided attacker
A number 9

We also need a back up for both full backs.

Any miracle business where we get decent money for Lammers Davies Lawrence Wright etc use it to replace

What we need and what we’ll get are likely going to be two different things.

We need to sort out the defence and our striking options as priority though.

Probably less than the previous two summers given that European income will be down and the squad value has dropped dramatically as well.

It’s ridiculous that we’ve signed so many players over the last two summer windows but find ourselves back here yet again needing another rebuild.

If we replace

Barisic
Davies
Lundstram
Jack
Wright
Roofe
Cifuentes
Lammers

correctly, then yes, we will be fine.
Thats double what you said to start with and your still way off.
What about Sima Silva Lowry Lovelace Dowell Lawrence McLaughlin Mcrorie Matondo and probably Ridvan Raskin?

We can argue all night about who's leaving but none of this lot has future with Clement

Latest posts

Back