So the rebuild?

How much money have we got?

We need

1 centre half, maybe 2
A left back
A number 8 and 6 midfielder
Right winger
2 strikers

Given that we have already laid out 4m on Diomande and we may buy Sima or Cortes do some of those positions I don’t see where the money is coming from.

Thoughts?
Finally, a realistic view on what the summer may bring.

One poster earlier today suggested we needed to bring in 16 new players. (Which we may do but will take 3 or 4 windows IMO).

Out of contract are Balogun, Roofe, Jack, Borna, Mclauchlin and Lundstram.
All 6 should leave.
Wright, Lammers, Davies, Goldson , Matondo, Raskin , Hagi, Lowry and Lawrence need sold, released or loaned out.

We don't have anywhere enough for the rebuild we need.

Will take at least 3 transfer windows, providing everything goes well with our transfer strategy.

We need quality first team replacements and equally as good subs if we are to win any league next season.

It will be a huge rebuild.

We need to have strength in depth, reliability and quality as well as leadership in key areas.

Hope the investors have got their wallets ready because this won’t cost £10-15m either. This is a massive period for the club this summer and it needs to be spot on and to send a message to the rest that this time we won’t let a lead slip or falter at the final hurdle.
without that happening we will be in the same position this time next season...or looking for a new manager by Dec,
The rebuild cannot be done on the cheap and the Board must find the money to finance a real rebuild, failure to do so will see a continuation of failure.

I think, going by last year, most of the out of contract folks will be off, and freed up wages bringing in like-for-like upgrades (hopefully).
So 5-6 out and 5-6 in including Diomande, and maybe Cortez.
We have McLaughlin, Jack ,Roofe,Lundstram,Barisic and Balogun out of contract and 3 loan players leaving in the summer that's 9 before we even get to the likes of Davies and Raskin etc that don't look to have a future with us ,It's going to be double digit recruitment in the summer again unless there is some players promoted from the B team .

Wenare going to free up a substantial amount in wages and hopefully we can make a few quid from Davies, Ridvan, Raskin, Dowell, Lammers, Dessers, Lawrence and maybe 1 or 2 others.

I know we won’t sell everyone, but there isn’t a single player in our squad I would be against selling, and I include Butland in that if it means funding a rebuild.

Thats double what you said to start with and your still way off.
What about Sima Silva Lowry Lovelace Dowell Lawrence McLaughlin Mcrorie Matondo and probably Ridvan Raskin?

We can argue all night about who's leaving but none of this lot has future with Clement
If you are going to quote me, then quote me correctly.

I never talked about numbers leaving; I talked about 4/5 coming in - if we got rid of the names I quoted for 5 effective, injury free starters then we will be in good shape.

And that’s before you look at shifting some of the deadwood you mentioned.

Finally, a realistic view on what the summer may bring.

One poster earlier today suggested we needed to bring in 16 new players. (Which we may do but will take 3 or 4 windows IMO).
I suspect any rebuild will take 3 to 4 windows before Clement truly has his own team. I also think that Butland will be sold should a big offer come in and this will help to fund the rebuild and hopefully start an effective player trading model.

For me it is a total reset required.
Get rid of big salary hitters, trim the squad down.
Focus the money on a backbone of the team CD,CM and CF then top up the squad with the best of the rest from SPL.
Realistically we cannot compete for top stars and I would rather have guys who know the league.
We also need to get our B Team back in some league as they have went back the way.

Are people really expecting that we are going move 15-20 of our current squad in one window

Mental

Going to be a lot of wheeling and dealing done. Would imagine the budget isn't great, but that gets said every summer, and yet every summer we sign new players.

For me, it's about getting rid of players past their best and those that don't contribute. We've got far too many guys on decent wages who have contributed nothing in the past 2 seasons. Even if we need to loan some of them out, to get them out of the picture. Our squad is so bloated, and it's a problem we never seem to address.

In terms of bringing players in, I'm hoping the January window was a peak behind the curtain in that regard. Bringing in guys on loan and loan to buy, could ease the pressure on the budget and plug gaps in the squad. Fix the spine of the team and then build from there.

How much money have we got?

We need

1 centre half, maybe 2 - IMO definitely need 2 (Davies will be away and maybe Balogun as well)
A left back - I think we will need 2, Borna away and Yilmaz made of glass but still sellable.
A number 8 and 6 midfielder - Need more than that, Lunny, Jack, Dowell and possibly Lawrence and Raskin away
Right winger - Sima away, Matondo hopefully away, Silva away, Wright likely away, Cortes no one knows if he will be here. We need 3 wingers minimum
2 strikers - Only Dessers and Danilo left so I would agree 2 needed and at least 1 has to be far better than we have (harsh on Dessers as he's just hit 20)

Given that we have already laid out 4m on Diomande and we may buy Sima or Cortes do some of those positions I don’t see where the money is coming from.

Thoughts?
I've given my opinions in bold on your OP. It's maybe the biggest rebuild since Gerrard took over

We need an actual rebuild similar to the end of 9 in a row era, Not just adding players to the spine we already have, But think that is the plan with lundstram leaving and looking like Goldson might be too

What is letting us down this season is the amount of injuries we've had to first team players and not having the right players to come in and replace them. I am not a believer of ripping up and selling everybody but we definitely need better quality coming off the bench.

We need an actual rebuild similar to the end of 9 in a row era, Not just adding players to the spine we already have, But think that is the plan with lundstram leaving and looking like Goldson might be too
That transfer window in the summer of 1998 was one of the most exciting times as a Rangers supporter. Careful spending, some great deals, and the spine of a great team was put together.

I'm desperate for proper quality in the wide areas. Aside from Sima's brief spell pre-injury we've had no reliable quality on the left and right for ages now. That right side in particular has gone through a huge cycle of players even going as far back as Gerrard. Having players in those wide forwards areas capable of getting 10-15 goals would be massive.

Might be a controversial opinion but I think adding five players of quality could transform this team: two CBs and a new front-three.

Then we can focus on building squad depth and replacing the dross with some back-up players who can actually contribute when required.

We've normally heard rumours of any free transfers we may have already agreed.

If we have agreed some already, when do you think the club would announce them this season?

The term “ rebuild “ after any game thats no great is just as if not more annoying than a Scottish nat going on about a “ referendum “ when something doesn’t go his/her way

Might be a controversial opinion but I think adding five players of quality could transform this team: two CBs and a new front-three.

Then we can focus on building squad depth and replacing the dross with some back-up players who can actually contribute when required.
No back up players.
There either good enough to compete for a start or they're not.
A fit, streamlined squad which can be rotated as PC likes to do.

This is potentially the most exciting Summer for a long time.

Rangers squad has long been bloated in size and unfit both figuratively and literally.

While we will not see every unwanted player leaving, it is an unprecedented opportunity to opportunity to turn things around massively in a short period of time.

Clement is right to say some contract situations shouldnt have come to the stage they are at but from a broader perspective I think its done us a favour as it forces change that has long been resisted.

We could always use the youth players thats coming through as back up and bring in just 5 or 6 players ..
Whats the point in having academy's if we ain’t going to use them..

As it stands I think the below is what we need IMO.

Butland

Tav
New CB
Goldson
Yilmaz

Sterling
Diomande

New RW (Cortes)
Cantwell
New LW (Sima)

New ST

I just cant see massive changes but we’ll see…

My thinking is with better forwards and a higher scoring team it takes the heat off the defence a bit.

Please please please

With sugar on top

Just bring in a striker worthy of the name.

Someone who gets us excited.

Someone who'll nick us a winner when we're playing shite

Someone who prioritises getting the ball in net above all else.

Someone who rarely lets us down even on a bad day.

Someone who's name is on the back of every wee bear you see in the street.

Oh god, if there is a law of averages just bring Rangers a goalscorer this summer.

It may take 2 or 3 seasons and that's assuming for once the players almost all tick the box of clear quality or potential.

I think we have now fully invested and burned the euro money.

Back