So the rebuild?

As it stands I think the below is what we need IMO.

Butland

Tav
New CB
Goldson
Yilmaz

Sterling
Diomande

New RW (Cortes)
Cantwell
New LW (Sima)

New ST

I just cant see massive changes but we’ll see…

My thinking is with better forwards and a higher scoring team it takes the heat off the defence a bit.
Need two center halfs and Yilmaz will be away as too injury prone and correct offer for Tav will be away
Just my opinion

Last edited:
All out of contract players can go apart from 1 yr deal to Balogun.

Try to Sell - Tav, Goldson, Davies, Cifuentes, Lammers, Dowell, Hagi, Raskin, Matondo, Lawrence and Yilmaz

Let the manager build his squad, with players who fit his vision.

Try to keep Butland, Sterling, Diomande, Dessers, Danilo, Cantwell and build something special.

If you go on to the website that comes from, it's like a parody, they had an article saying rangers were gonna get deducted points, because a rangers fan embarrassed nick Walsh yesterday, they had another article saying the scum manager had quit after the Dundee Vs scum game, it's a complete parody of a website

Try to Sell - Tav, Goldson, Davies, Cifuentes, Lammers, Dowell, Hagi, Raskin, Matondo, Lawrence and Yilmaz

Try to keep Butland, Sterling, Diomande, Dessers, Danilo, Cantwell and build something special.
There is zero chance we are selling that many players. Absolute no chance what so ever.

Correct and if told they no longer have a future they have a choice to male. Sit tight and don’t play or move and continue their careers.
If these phantom clubs try and buy them and do t offer them enough money the players will sit on their arses and collect their high wages here. We gave them their long contracts so it's upto the club to honour it

If these phantom clubs try and buy them and do t offer them enough money the players will sit on their arses and collect their high wages here. We gave them their long contracts so it's upto the club to honour it
Again I agree and comes down to money or playing.

Personally can’t see guys like Goldson or Lammers wanting to sit in the stand when they could be playing. That is always the trade off.

Again I agree and comes down to money or playing.

Personally can’t see guys like Goldson or Lammers wanting to sit in the stand when they could be playing. That is always the trade off.
Would depend of they wanted less money elsewhere though. Plenty of players only care about money. Not their career as such. Goldson isn't young so I'd see him happy sitting in the stand for 2 years on 30 odd grand a week.

In an ideal world yes, but hardly likely in practice I guess. Lammers, Hagi and Yilmaz will go and probably bring in decent fees - £9m for the 3? I would take the hit on Matondo, Davies and Cifuentes and get them off the wage bill - but that needs someone to want them.

We all want Butland to stay however if we were to sell and get £12m or so that might get us a Sima and a Cortes for example. Worth it?

Let OOc players go, sell as many as rest of underachievers as possible and probably Butland, Ridvan and Cantwell to increase funds.
gK - McRorie. backup - any of the better SPL keepers!
RB - Sterling, Backup- Devine or new RB
CB - 2 new CH, Back Up - Souttar, Mayo?
LB - New LBbackup - Fraser.
Midfield - Diamonde, Raskin(last chance saloon tho), New Attacking mid who is dynamic and physical. I’d spend most of our money here. Then Backup mids - King, McKinnon, Rice Lowry(if he can make it) and 1 or 2 of best of young Scottish SPL players.
Wingers - 2 new. Possibly one of them Cortez. backup McAusland, any other B-team player/Scottish Player.
Strikers - Danilo, Dessers, Shankland and 1 new young Backup striker and Lovelace if he stays.

Doubt it will be as drastic as above. But money constraints and players OoC or not cutting it, means we have to buy maybe a decent spine of say five 1st teamers, supplemented with best of SPL prospects and our B-team.

Last edited:
Probably £12-15 million and anything else from sales and that's being generous.

We will need to use the loan market and hope Koppen has some gems lined up because the rebuild is monumental and there is several high earners who need moved on.

Personally for me I think the rebuild will take several windows and it will take probably £30 million plus to address key issues it's impossible it can be done in one window.

Other than Butland every area for me needs addressed and quality added especially the spine of the team.

The defence and midfield needs completely overhauled and we badly need wide players and strikers who can score goals.

Don't see us getting Sima permanently but a loan would be good same goes for Cortes again that would help things.
Butland will be sold to finance deals, Sammers as well.

Michy Batshuayi’s contract still runs out this summer doesn’t it? So we’ll need a wad of cash for Koppen to get the contracts drawn up. B-D

I said it in another thread but we might need to sell Butland or Cantwell or even both to give us the cash to buy the players he wants.

It’s staggering the amount of money we’ve wasted over the past couple of years on poor recruitment . Not just on transfer fees but o wages and signing-on fees paid to Bosmans.
Our whole set up has been an absolute joke and, as you say, the amount of money we have wasted is criminal.

McLaughlin, Balogun, Barišić, Jack, Roofe and Lundstram leave for starters. There’s 6 already. Add in Sima, Silva and Corteś, 9 out the door.

You try and cash in on Cifuentes, Davies, Raskin, Lammers, Lawrence and Dowell. Not one of them has a career at Rangers past this summer, or shouldn’t and there should be more booted out the door with them.

Ridvan is too injury prone, try and sell. What use is a player that’s played 40 odd games in 100+ matches during his time here?

What a mess. Thank you GvB, Beale and Wilson. An utter shit show of a squad and that’s without mentioning the likes of Morelos and Kent who we lost on a freebie.

Sima at £6m + just isn’t doable when you need yet another overhaul. We’ve also committed to Diomande.
I'm desperate for us to sign Sima permanently, but I just can't see where the money is coming from to make that happen unless we sell Butland.

And that's not exactly palatable.

Michy Batshuayi’s contract still runs out this summer doesn’t it? So we’ll need a wad of cash for Koppen to get the contracts drawn up.
He can take up a year s option if club are keen
Hopefully they don't
I'm sure I read that on information on player

I think we need 4 in who are not squad fillers but starters. That is assuming we buy Cortes

A centre back
A number 6
A right sided attacker
A number 9

We also need a back up for both full backs.

Any miracle business where we get decent money for Lammers Davies Lawrence Wright etc use it to replace

I'd agree with the 4 listed above although I would say we need to add a left back as a priority as, sadly, neither Borna or Yilmaz are reliable.

We need to consider who is out of contract, who is on loan and who we have made a commitment to buy.

The rebuild from a 'get rid as not reliable' perspective is going to run beyond this Summer - we'll still have a few players of this category come Summer 25.

My only concern is whether Clement, for one reason or another, is still here to oversea it.

This is a sizable change and cannot be parcel passed between different Managers.

We need gutted with solid new foundations in place to build going forward.

Similar to Gerrard's beginning and needing an equally strong character overseeing it.

I think when many people are saying that there isn’t one player in the entire squad (save for Jack Butland) that they would be annoyed about being sold, it gives you a true picture of where we are currently.

This will have to be the biggest rebuild since Dick Advocaat took over the reins and we don’t have the funds we had at our disposal then and nor the same level of pipeline of quality players.

This will not be a one window rebuild for me. Champions League qualification will have a huge bearing on funds and of course, we won’t know about that until August onwards, which impacts the pace at which we can move and the quality level of players we can go after between now and then.

Nils Koppen is really going to have hit the ground running and earn his corn, starting from this summer if we are to bridge the gap in quality and squad depth between us and that lot. We can only hope that he has some gems initially we can go after and that we can shift out some of the players on huge salaries who haven’t contributed significantly during their time with us.

There's around a dozen we need to get out, getting the same number in might prove impossible, its going to be a tough job.

Getting players off the payroll will be as important as the players we bring in for next season. Far too many high earners that will never be able to meet the demands that our team insists upon.

Gio needed 3 or 4 windows
Beale needed 3 or 4 windows
If we aren’t competing then the fans will not allow 3 or 4 windows.

Recruitment needs to be bang on this season with no sentiment if offers. Come in

This is bang on. He's not getting three windows to bring success, he'll need to achieve at the very least parity in one window, maybe two if we include a solid January window of reinforcement for the title push. Harsh, absolutely, but also doable.

I'm not fazed by the rebuild. Enough new faces in the squad, will buy a small amount of grace time. Beale's biggest downfall was that he leant far too heavily on old faces and looked like he was winging it until something clicked, which just never came. The new faces that came in, also looked like they took a while to integrate. Positive early signs, given how seamlessly Diomande has slotted in and elevated our midfield, makes me hopeful that can be replicated.

If we start well and if the fans are excited or convinced by the quality of the players brought in, they'll get time to bed in. This season, was a bit surreal in that, we looked hopeless in pre-season, but there were also no clear signs of a direction or even flashes of genius. It was all disjointed and disconnected, right from the word go. The early indications on Clement, are that he is big on team building and big on man management. Something our last two managers clearly lacked.

This season was meant to be the rebuild
Now it’s needed again for next season
What a right mess of things we have made

This is bang on. He's not getting three windows to bring success, he'll need to achieve at the very least parity in one window, maybe two if we include a solid January window of reinforcement for the title push. Harsh, absolutely, but also doable.

I'm not fazed by the rebuild. Enough new faces in the squad, will buy a small amount of grace time. Beale's biggest downfall was that he leant far too heavily on old faces and looked like he was winging it until something clicked, which just never came. The new faces that came in, also looked like they took a while to integrate. Positive early signs, given how seamlessly Diomande has slotted in and elevated our midfield, makes me hopeful that can be replicated.

If we start well and if the fans are excited or convinced by the quality of the players brought in, they'll get time to bed in. This season, was a bit surreal in that, we looked hopeless in pre-season, but there were also no clear signs of a direction or even flashes of genius. It was all disjointed and disconnected, right from the word go. The early indications on Clement, are that he is big on team building and big on man management. Something our last two managers clearly lacked.
This will be the second window, so in that regard he will be judged in September after the season has started on 2 windows.

Back